WR David Moore promoted to 53

ducks41468

Reaction score
I for one am looking forward to the 1 catch and 8 receiving yards that Moore will accumulate over the course of his time on the active roster, which will propel us to heights that Freeney could never have with all his silly sacks and productive play.

rcaido

Reaction score
Did Pete Carol get concuss last week? I mean we get the fake FG, the dumb timeout, & now we release a very effective pass rusher which we really need to another WR.

I hope he proves us wrong like he always does! Right now im so confuse & frustrated.

chris98251

Reaction score
We promote a receiver when we have receivers that can't see the field as it is, say it was for cap space then because someone was looking at him. Smells like there is a bigger reason we have yet to learn. The team knew the Cap situation before they signed Freeney, if David was so good that we could not afford to lose him why was he on the PS anyway ?

Cap reasons for next year, yeah I can see that someone is going and they have someone they like now is about the only thing that makes sense. We needed a RB not a WR.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
rcaido":5fvlj1kr said:
Did Pete Carol get concuss last week? I mean we get the fake FG, the dumb timeout, & now we release a very effective pass rusher which we really need to another WR.

I hope he proves us wrong like he always does! Right now im so confuse & frustrated.

We have done it before, lets see, SB 49. We are short on DB's so we activate 4 TE's I believe and not use one of them.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":2qepkfxs said:
I love keeping players we don't use just to spite other teams.

Ha ha, maybe Pete's employing the Chip Kelly theory, used so perfectly in Philly, signing DeMarco Murray just so he couldn't play for the Cowboys. Unfortunately Murray's strength was running out of the I-formation, so he was worthless playing in Chip's scheme.

But in all seriousness, other teams who play the Seahawks soon may in fact be looking to raid our PS just to get some tidbits of info. It wouldn't be the first time this sort of thing has happened.....

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Tusc2000":3iav6qv7 said:
But in all seriousness, other teams who play the Seahawks soon may in fact be looking to raid our PS just to get some tidbits of info. It wouldn't be the first time this sort of thing has happened.....

Why on earth would anyone need to go to such lengths to find out 'tidbits of info' when they can just turn on any game between 2011 and now and see all there is to see in one half? It's not like we use disguised formations, adjustments according to who we're playing, or anything else that might be trickery. The playbook couldn't be simpler, especially for an NFL team - admittedly, it might work at my local high school. When we line up, I (who never played a down in my life) know exactly what's coming, and mostly the question is whether a defender will slip, or will RW escape contain and make a playground play, or will it be another 3-and-out? Ya don't need to raid our PS to find out this sort of thing.

DJrmb

Reaction score
0ap3000000804922_video_player_cp.jpg

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I really liked Moore during training camp. Was really most intrigued by his hands. Probably tied with Richardson for second best hands on the team after Baldwin.

He's a significant step up in that department from Graham, Kearse, Lockett and McEvoy. Just had a really easy/confident manner catching the balls aggressively with his hands.

The other measurables are good too. Honestly Moore is kind of like the George Fant of the WR group. Really good prospect who is raw. Has physical tools you can't coach. Could be in line to start by 2019 and if develops, could be our #1 WR by then.

He has a ways to go. And could possibly never learn how to leverage his talents by failing to learn the intricacies of route running. But he has elements to his game that excite no question.

I don't see it as bad move at all. Freeney was just a fill in for Smith and Jordan at the tail end of the DE rotation. Once Smith returned from injury, it really made Freeney expendable. The fact that he was being paid well for an older veteran was just another reason to opt for the youth.

I liked Freeney. Was productive. But at the end of the day building the roster answers to many masters. We're not skimping on OL anymore. So money considerations have to be shifted around.