WR DRAFT PICKS: Paul Richardson Vs. Kevin Norwood

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
jlwaters1":3lpn7o1v said:
Norwood and Harper aren't even comparable. Infact both Harper and Durham had the same thing in common, both were raw players with only 1 decent year of production.

Norwood is a much more polished player and a better route runner than either of those 2. I think he's got a great chance of making the team I see him as the future replacement of Kearse who wlll be gone after 2015.

Again.. lets see how Norwood plays in game action. He's far from a lock.. this FO has already shown they are not afraid to cut a draft pick before their rookie season would even begin.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
From local media getting their first look at Paul Richardson at camp:

John Boyle ‏@johnpboyle 47m
Breaking: Paul Richardson is fast. #Seahawks

Davis Hsu ‏@DavisHsuSeattle 1m
Clayton says PRich is "lighting up" minicamp "fantastic" #seahawks

Chris Egan King-5 TV ‏@ChrisEgan5 1h
It's safe to say Paul Richardson is faster than I! #seahawks rookie camp

Michelle Ludtka ‏@MichelleLudtka 49m
Wow Paul Richardson really is fast... #seahawks #Q13Fox #RookieMiniCamp

jlwaters1

Reaction score
DavidSeven":zk4ydlu0 said:
From local media getting their first look at Paul Richardson at camp:

John Boyle ‏@johnpboyle 47m
Breaking: Paul Richardson is fast. #Seahawks

Davis Hsu ‏@DavisHsuSeattle 1m
Clayton says PRich is "lighting up" minicamp "fantastic" #seahawks

Chris Egan King-5 TV ‏@ChrisEgan5 1h
It's safe to say Paul Richardson is faster than I! #seahawks rookie camp

Michelle Ludtka ‏@MichelleLudtka 49m
Wow Paul Richardson really is fast... #seahawks #Q13Fox #RookieMiniCamp

Dave Boling ‏@DaveBoling · 15m
Keith Price's two deep TD passes to Paul Richardson and Kevin Norwood highlighted first day of @seahawks rookie minicamp

joeshaney

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":17i2indr said:
brimsalabim":17i2indr said:
Since you brought Harvin up, is he healthy? I haven't seen or heard a thing about him other than the news that he would miss the Cali workouts due to his fathers untimely passing.
My take is no news is good news. (Though he isn't actually injury prone so I never have gotten why it keeps getting brought up). .

Depends how we each define injury prone. I would say this. He may prove not to be injury prone in the future, but he has yet to prove that he is not injury prone thus far. I think the biggest thing in his favor is that the health concerns he has experienced all seem to be unrelated. However, it doesn't matter why you miss time, if you often miss games due to injury prone you are injury prone. He can put this argument to rest by staying healthy this year. If he misses multiple games then we have a problem.

On another note.... Phil Bates is my adopt-a-sleeper to make this team as our 6th WR. I don't know if Rice (injury), Matthews (one-dimensional), or Lockette (not very good) will be able to hold him off.

sutz

Reaction score
Well, given that they have different skill sets, it seems that the question might be who has the best chance to contribute early in his career. I guess I'd probably go with Rich, cause Pete loves him some speed, but Norwood looks like a solid possession WR that most teams can't live without.

Hey, rooks will have to work their butts off just to see playing time and make the team. Given our team offensive philosophy, it might be that no WR sees more than 60 catches, they spread it around quite well. That could be a good thing (for the non-fantasy lovers out there) as fewer catches would likely lead to less chance for injury. I know that people don't like to think things like that, but it sure seemed to work for Beast Mode last year. No matter what anybody says, I still think they took it a bit easy on him during the heart of the season to save him for the playoffs.

My personal opinion would actually be Norwood, I guess, because I'm a bit conservative and would love another WR with JJ like skills, rather than another Galloway type.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Based on the tweets today I think we may be sitting pretty with both of them among others like a favorite of mine, Korey Toomer.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3sqwijc0 said:
Looks like Richardson won

Maybe?? I am not sure why Richardson in needed when we have Lockett (Who is Richardson to the third power).

netskier

Reaction score
I think he is needed because two fast guys are better than one. This forces the defense to have two two defenders at least this fast, and those are rare. Even rarer are two defenders that fast who are tall enough enough to defend Graham and Matthews thrown high balls.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":3fu7ak2u said:
Hasselbeck":3fu7ak2u said:
Looks like Richardson won

Maybe?? I am not sure why Richardson in needed when we have Lockett (Who is Richardson to the third power).

They don't play the same WR positions. Lockett is a slot type WR. Richardson plays on the outside.