WR Jermaine Kearse re-signs with Seahawks 3yrs/13.5m

titan3131

Reaction score
Well I've decided to become an alcoholic like the night the cards came in our house and we pooped the bed...

Rip my liver

Rocket

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":qk83ppt1 said:
I might just go ahead and modify that discounted Flynn jersey now.
I already fixed mine - sez "Angry Doug" on it... his first year, when he was sorta our only receiver.

Mojambo

Reaction score
The way that passing game was clicking at the end of the year, I'm totally cool with them keeping it as intact as possible.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Good for Kearse but not excited at all about the numbers. Healthy Richardson probably beats him out and you're stuck paying what could be your 5th option in the passing game over 4 million a year. Just seemed like the easiest guy to replace at a much lower cost and use the money elsewhere.

Rocket

Reaction score
titan3131":10jvsrr8 said:
Well I've decided to become an alcoholic like the night the cards came in our house and we pooped the bed...

Rip my liver
Alcoholism is fun at first... then ya get sick.

mrt144

Reaction score
Retained the best run blocker on the team and let the 4th best go. :p

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
I'm okay with this but hope it's not at the expense of extending Baldwin. Still hope Richardson can stay health and/or Williams/Smith can step up. Still disappointed Chris Matthews didn't do much after the super bowl.

Erebus

Reaction score
Mojambo":17pogde2 said:
The way that passing game was clicking at the end of the year, I'm totally cool with them keeping it as intact as possible.

I agree. The chemistry Kearse and Wilson have together should be worth enough to offset the slightly higher physical upside another WR would bring.

OP
OP
D

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Ziggyy108":20wzqc2b said:
not a huge fan of this right now ...

It's a pretty fair deal imo, especially considering what Marvin Jones, Travis Benjamin and Rishard Matthews got.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Hopefully the lack of interest (which I assume is why he signed with us--lower than he expected) will turn him into Angry Jermaine Kearse and sharpen his game for the next contract.

AJK! AJK!

McGruff

Reaction score
Going off what Rishard Matthew got, I am guessing this is a fairly low bonus payout, high backend contract that amounts to a one or two year deal.

Fade

Reaction score
LolaRox":16l0zzbs said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/708103756966187008[/tweet]

Isn't that what Mebane got with SD? I would rather have Mebane.

Seattle has plenty of receivers.

Baldwin
Lockett
Richardson
K. Smith
K. Williams

Like someone mentioned using the money to go towards extending Baldwin would've been better.

Is Kearse going to continue to take reps away from Lockett? That irked me all season long. Lockett only saw the field on 3+ receiver sets.

I am so disappointed right now. I wanted Kearse's money to go towards the trenches, whether it be O-Line, or D-Line.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm good with it. I'm meh with it. Beats a kick in the...

kf3339

Reaction score
This is a fair deal for both sides. The remaining FA class is thin, and the draft doesn't look that promising for the WR group. So locking him up just takes one less need off the list.

Good for him!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Here's the part of this I don't like, especially after the year Baldwin just had. Baldwin is going to want a bump now.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/hawkblogger/status/708104848416251904[/tweet]

McGruff

Reaction score
Fade":fre1rxdl said:
LolaRox":fre1rxdl said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/708103756966187008[/tweet]

Isn't that what Mebane got with SD? I would rather have Mebane.

Seattle has plenty of receivers.

Baldwin
Lockett
Richardson
K. Smith
K. Williams

Like someone mentioned using the money to go towards extending Baldwin would've been better.

Is Kearse going to continue to take reps away from Lockett? That irked me all season long. Lockett only saw the field on 3+ receiver sets.

I am so disappointed right now. I wanted Kearse's money to go towards the trenches, whether it be O-Line, or D-Line.

Of that list, without Kearse, Seattle has two proven receivers. Two. Repeat that. Two.

Richardson, Smith and Williams combined have 34 career catches in 4 combined NFL seasons. And Richardson has 30 of those and hasn't really played in a year.

Fade

Reaction score
HawkFan72":21yy59nt said:
Here's the part of this I don't like, especially after the year Baldwin just had. Baldwin is going to want a bump now.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/hawkblogger/status/708104848416251904[/tweet]
SMH

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY??????????????????