WR Jermaine Kearse re-signs with Seahawks 3yrs/13.5m

volsunghawk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3mnbz1y6 said:
Here's the part of this I don't like, especially after the year Baldwin just had. Baldwin is going to want a bump now.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/hawkblogger/status/708104848416251904[/tweet]
Pretty sure he was going to want one anyway. And it's deserved.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Fade":1s0nxxuf said:
LolaRox":1s0nxxuf said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/708103756966187008[/tweet]

Is Kearse going to continue to take reps away from Lockett? That irked me all season long. Lockett only saw the field on 3+ receiver sets.

That was true at the beginning of the year, but in the 2nd half of the season Lockett was the starter and was playing more.

sutz

Reaction score
Like I said in another thread about a different signing, I'll let Schneid worry about the money side of it.

I'm glad Jermaine is still a Hawk. His consistency has increased a lot, he's always been a pretty good downfield blocker, and he's made some clutch catches for us that have saved the team in playoff situations. I say it's a win.

:th2thumbs:

Fade

Reaction score
McGruff":1fpa9d5c said:
Fade":1fpa9d5c said:
LolaRox":1fpa9d5c said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/708103756966187008[/tweet]

Isn't that what Mebane got with SD? I would rather have Mebane.

Seattle has plenty of receivers.

Baldwin
Lockett
Richardson
K. Smith
K. Williams

Like someone mentioned using the money to go towards extending Baldwin would've been better.

Is Kearse going to continue to take reps away from Lockett? That irked me all season long. Lockett only saw the field on 3+ receiver sets.

I am so disappointed right now. I wanted Kearse's money to go towards the trenches, whether it be O-Line, or D-Line.

Of that list, without Kearse, Seattle has two proven receivers. Two. Repeat that. Two.

Richardson, Smith and Williams combined have 34 career catches in 4 combined NFL seasons. And Richardson has 30 of those and hasn't really played in a year.

QB's make the receivers, besides Richardson is a 2nd round pick. This tacitly admits Richardson is a bust because he is hardly ever going to see the field as a 4th WR. Unless you want to bench Kearse.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
was hoping to move on from him develop richardson or bring in new blood. kearse is a good 3 or 4 guy. number seems high.

GLio14

Reaction score
HawkFan72":brq94ezk said:
Here's the part of this I don't like, especially after the year Baldwin just had. Baldwin is going to want a bump now.

And he is gonna get a bump...

So happy that Chop Chop is coming back!!!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
austinslater25":cqsr6i9x said:
Good for Kearse but not excited at all about the numbers. Healthy Richardson probably beats him out and you're stuck paying what could be your 5th option in the passing game over 4 million a year. Just seemed like the easiest guy to replace at a much lower cost and use the money elsewhere.

Healthy Richardson may not exist

Kevin Smith and Kasen Williams showed nothing in their time on the active roster

Jimmy Graham still has a patella tendon to recover from.

Face it - WR was a need ... and Jermaine Kearse helps patch that up.

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
Baldwin is in his last year so a bump in pay via a new contract was inevitable anyway.

Not thrilled with this Kearse signing, but whatever. It won't be the death knell of the team or anything, but I think the money could have been used better.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Kearse Words lives on...

He is better behind a mic, interviewing teammates than what's his tits that was always cocky but couldn't do a thing on the field...Can't think of his name at the moment..Go figure...DE I think....

Edit: Greg Scruggs! Man I couldn't stand him on All Access...Dude, quit thinking you're all that and do something worth our attention on the field. Damn JAG.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Fade":34t3aubs said:
QB's make the receivers, besides Richardson is a 2nd round pick. This tacitly admits Richardson is a bust because he is hardly ever going to see the field as a 4th WR. Unless you want to bench Kearse.

No?

We're heading to a spread type offense .. I guess I missed the rule that having a really good 4th string WR is frowned upon in such a situation.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":hl4duvwm said:
austinslater25":hl4duvwm said:
Good for Kearse but not excited at all about the numbers. Healthy Richardson probably beats him out and you're stuck paying what could be your 5th option in the passing game over 4 million a year. Just seemed like the easiest guy to replace at a much lower cost and use the money elsewhere.

Kevin Smith and Kasen Williams showed nothing in their time on the active roster

The more I think about it the more I dislike it. Kearse might of been the easiest starter to replace on the roster. I hope it's backloaded like McGruff mentioned earlier. I don't hate Kearse, just not a huge fan of this move.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":z8nqw0pc said:
Fade":z8nqw0pc said:

No?

We're heading to a spread type offense .. I guess I missed the rule that having a really good 4th string WR is frowned upon in such a situation.
It's not that, it's that you have HUGE holes in the line and paying possibly your 4th/5th option in the passing game over 4 million dollars doesn't make sense.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
austinslater25":vwapfdhr said:
Hasselbeck":vwapfdhr said:
austinslater25":vwapfdhr said:

The more I think about it the more I dislike it. Kearse might of been the easiest starter to replace on the roster. I hope it's backloaded like McGruff mentioned earlier. I don't hate Kearse, just not a huge fan of this move.

Replace with who? Behind Baldwin and Lockett there is little there.

Also don't discount the chemistry Kearse and Wilson have with one another. Look how long it took an elite weapon like Jimmy Graham to adjust to how Wilson runs around like he's been set on fire.

Sorry if its between Richardson/Kasen/Kevin Smith or Kearse.. I'm taking Kearse every single time.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
austinslater25":2b9sot8c said:
Hasselbeck":2b9sot8c said:
Fade":2b9sot8c said:

No?

It's not that, it's that you have HUGE holes in the line and paying possibly your 4th/5th option in the passing game over 4 million dollars doesn't make sense.

Ok.. so name some QUALITY linemen we can sign for 3/13.5M

In case you missed it ... average linemen are getting paid out the backside right now.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Apparently the deal is favourably structured for the team, the devil here is in the details.

As long as the deal is friendly I'm good with it. Jermaine has made a lot of big plays for the team, and his hands appear to more dependable as time goes on. I wanted him back if the numbers were right.

The team now has at least 3 capable WRs with the jury being out on Richardson just yet.

Fade

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3u2h4jj1 said:

And so are O-Line, D-Line, and LB which are more pressing.

The Seahawks want to be a run heavy team, but spend all their budgeted money allocated to Offense, on WR's, A Franchise QB, and Jimmy Graham. Then hold them back, and not throw the ball. It just doesn't make any sense.

mrt144

Reaction score
Fade":2l9j0bzc said:
HawkFan72":2l9j0bzc said:

SMH

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY??????????????????

I hate to be this guy but...

get a grip.

mrt144

Reaction score
Fade":18nwsbnz said:
Hasselbeck":18nwsbnz said:

And so are O-Line, D-Line, and LB which are more pressing.

The Seahawks want to be a run heavy team, but spend all their budgeted money allocated to Offense, on WR's, A Franchise QB, and Jimmy Graham. Then hold them back, and not throw the ball. It just doesn't make any sense.

It's an issue with the team, yes.

getnasty

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing some 4 wide and 5 wide when Jimmy gets back. I know everyone always complains about empty sets but if we can get Baldwin, Richardson, Lockett, Graham and Kearse on the field at the same time, that could be scary.