WR Kasen Williams signed

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Seems like I'm one of the few Kearse enthousiasts around here. The guy might not be consistent but whenever a miracle had to happen, Jermaine showed up and did it big time. I have a hard time seeing the Hawks discarding such a big part in the success they have had recently without good reason.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Overseasfan":13w2wa1h said:
Seems like I'm one of the few Kearse enthousiasts around here. The guy might not be consistent but whenever a miracle had to happen, Jermaine showed up and did it big time. I have a hard time seeing the Hawks discarding such a big part in the success they have had recently without good reason.

The chance of Kearse being released, IMO, is less than 10%. I would categorize Kearse as a "near lock" to make the 53-man roster, especially with Richardson still recovering from ACL surgery. I do think they plan to move on from Kearse after this year with Richardson taking over that role at flanker.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Overseasfan":1ytj8ht9 said:

There are 2,356,000 good reasons to get rid of Kearse. If his production can be replicated or improved upon by a guy making less money, he should be gone. I have not seen anything from Kearse that can not easily be replaced.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
rideaducati":23oxtkjl said:
Overseasfan":23oxtkjl said:

There are 2,356,000 good reasons to get rid of Kearse. If his production can be replicated or improved upon by a guy making less money, he should be gone. I have not seen anything from Kearse that can not easily be replaced.
[youtube]LOhAREao-vY[/youtube]

[youtube]fKOLqM-LnA0[/youtube]

[youtube]pywYhRoE6Lw[/youtube]

[youtube]qiX2qcaM7iA[/youtube]

Easily replaced. Easily. Guys do that stuff ALL THE FRICKIN TIME. Easily replaced.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
When he was with U Dub, we used to call him feast or famine. But the guy flat out makes plays, hopefully he sticks around. Veteran leadership on the field is huge too.

HawkSquawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2mfr9yv7 said:
When he was with U Dub, we used to call him feast or famine. But the guy flat out makes plays, hopefully he sticks around. Veteran leadership on the field is huge too.

Exactly what Kearse was. Made amazing catches and frustrating drops.

Back on topic. If Kasen is truly 100% I see him being able to beat out guys like Norwood or BJ Daniels. As far as Kasen's numbers it wasn't about Teeth Price's problem getting him the ball it was about the piss poor OL that never gain Price time.

Williams is intriguing for sure.

rideaducati

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":2rj06kbd said:
rideaducati":2rj06kbd said:
Overseasfan":2rj06kbd said:

[youtube]LOhAREao-vY[/youtube]

[youtube]fKOLqM-LnA0[/youtube]

[youtube]pywYhRoE6Lw[/youtube]

[youtube]qiX2qcaM7iA[/youtube]

Easily replaced. Easily. Guys do that stuff ALL THE FRICKIN TIME. Easily replaced.

They don't put lowlights into video form a lot, so I can't show you the interceptions that have bounced off his hands into the hands of the opponent or the times he didn't even fight for a ball that was intercepted or the plain inexplicable drops. Those videos show that he can't get open and is forced to make spectacular catches when the ball is thrown his way. He is to the Seahawks what Michael Crabtree was to the niners.

King Dog

Reaction score
If Kasen can't make it as a WR, I would love to see what they could do by throwing another 20 lbs on him and trying him as a Move TE. He's already weighing in at 220 and looked huge in his Pro Day pictures. Seems to like to block too. Unlikely, I know....

CA6o422

Tical21

Reaction score
Kearse has a huge majority of the biggest offensive plays in our recent history, and actually probably more than anybody else in our franchise history. Until we find somebody else that can replicate some of that, we have zero choice but to keep him around.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think Kasen Williams has a respectable NFL career if that knee holds up. I also said the same thing about Kearse as an undrafted free agent.

peppersjap

Reaction score
Kasen Williams has way more physical ability than Kearse and has an NFL body. I really think he has a chance to make this team and I'm far from a Husky homer. That being said Kearse is a playmaker who keeps coming up big in huge situations even after letting us down the whole game. I think at worst the Hawks try to slide Kasen onto the practice squad. So sad to see a guy like him who was very close to a sure thing get derailed by injuries.

LTH

Reaction score
I think Kearse is a clutch playmaker and if you disagree than your not paying attention... I dont think anyone is safe till the end of cuts... Kearse gets to prove himself with a worthy TE and worthy receivers around him... lets see who makes the plays now...

LTH

Latest posts