WR Terrelle Pryor to work out for Seahawks

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":2emovo8n said:
"Hey Terrelle, how would you feel about playing defense?"

"I''m a WR."

Remember Pryor's quote when Seahawks asked him to switch positions, "I can't catch."

It would be funny if Seahawks asked him to switch positions again and asked him to play defense and I can imagine Pryor saying something like, "I can't hit."

HawkFan72

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":23i0olm7 said:
SomersetHawk":23i0olm7 said:
"Hey Terrelle, how would you feel about playing defense?"

"I''m a WR."

Remember Pryor's quote when Seahawks asked him to switch positions, "I can't catch."

It would be funny if Seahawks asked him to switch positions again and asked him to play defense and I can imagine Pryor saying something like, "I can't hit."

I wonder if he is still telling teams he can't catch in his interviews for a job right now.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
He's a SPARQ freak and worth having a look at as a WR ( I believe his SPARQ score was 152.8 which is off the charts). This is what the team really had in mind when they traded a 7th for him last years's draft. Pryor then was totally unwilling to change positions but getting cut a few times may have convinced him he needs to buy into making the position change.

To me it's worth having a look to see how he has come along. Sure,wish he'd bought in on this earlier. He'd probably be a better big WR option than Matthews but a lot will depend upon how much he's invested in being a WR. i'd suspect that it wouldn't take him long to be unto speed with the playbook having been a QB in this system for TC last year.

As kearly has said he's a home run hitter and an exceptional open field runner. I could see him being an exceptional deep target with 4.38 predraft speed and exceptional short area quickness, at 230 and 6'41/2". To be sure he's been on the team's radar since before they traded that late 7th for him last year. He had a long touchdown run in preseason last year that proved just how dangerous he can be with the ball.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Jeepers Pete! We have enough frickin projects already! Bring in some OL! Heck trade Kam for some one who can block!

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Maybe they will sign him as a WR and then try to talk him into switching to QB. Pryor would then say, " nah I can't throw or read defenses"

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Hmm, good prospect, pretty tall...wonder would would he ponder a switch to QB? Think our current one is too small.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
If Pete must have a QB convert project how about making it Jarred Lorrenzen or Jamarcus Russell? Both guys are 300 plus and could probably play center and solve our long snap accuracy problems!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2lmbv8mp said:
If Pete must have a QB convert project how about making it Jarred Lorrenzen or Jamarcus Russell? Both guys are 300 plus and could probably play center and solve our long snap accuracy problems!

Sign them up!

Otl lorenzen02 1600x2132

jamarcus-russell-fat.jpg

Cyrus12

Reaction score
this signing if it happens makes no sense...if we got money for prior how bout signing a guy that can block instead.. .or a ss who isnt a whiner..

timmat

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":1satk7ze said:
Matthews goes bye bye

I hope not. Nobody being discussed here has ever broke out in a meaningful game. Matthews has proven - in the Super Bowl no less - that he has good hands and will show up if given the opportunity. I just don't think he 'll be the type to flash in practice. He seemed perfect for the scenario that was playing out in the Rams game. Split him wide, get 1-on-1, and throw him a ball to high-point, even if he's not created separation - to beat pressure.

They really need to show me game attempts at this that fail before cutting him.

These other guys have crushed it in preseason games or the underwear Olympics. Matthews crushed it in the Super Bowl. Give him a chance regardless of other measurables.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
To be clear my post above was in jest.. We don't just need depth at our OL ... We need starters. The guys starting now should be depth.

Hawks46

Reaction score
northseahawk":3jee2o11 said:
Why would they cut mattews. Why not danials instead. Mathews caught the only ball thrown his way.

I'm not suggesting cutting Matthews, as a matter of fact, I don't understand why he isn't getting more game reps. But Pryor would basically have the same skill set/match ups as Matthews, but he's a lot faster. I just don't think he has the hands Matthews has, or plays ST like Matthews does.

I mean, Lockett already does everything Baldwin does but better. Matthews duplicates a lot of what Kearse does, but Kearse is a better route runner that has more chemistry with Russ.

So with all the duplication, I could see them dumping Matthews because he's just not getting the reps for some reason, and I honestly can't figure it out. He's a blitz beater with his catch radius and size mismatch.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I have more reason, but not much more, to take Pryor seriously at QB than WR.

massari

Reaction score
I hope it'd mean Lockette gets released or Daniels to the practice squad and not Matthews or Daniels released.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Wait a second ... is that guy on the pic really Jamarcus ? Are you'll kidding me? Didn't he make like $25 millions or more? Maybe I'm mistaken ... wow that's scary.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
joeseahawks":ww7oswwq said:
Wait a second ... is that guy on the pic really Jamarcus ? Are you'll kidding me? Didn't he make like $25 millions or more? Maybe I'm mistaken ... wow that's scary.

Not sure what he looks like now, but 2 years ago he was attempting a comeback and lost 51 pounds. He was looking to be in really good shape but never got a roster spot.. only some tryouts.

BM0WMKWCQAIxFtO original