WR Terrelle Pryor to work out for Seahawks

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3cic2p30 said:
this signing if it happens makes no sense...if we got money for prior how bout signing a guy that can block instead.. .or a ss who isnt a whiner..

You make it sound like there are a bunch of awesome OL and SS sitting in FA waiting for a call. We nearly signed Taylor Mays this week, what does that tell you about the available safeties in FA?

Pryor would surely be a minimum salary guy, not sure if he has PS eligibility.. if not I imagine he'd replace Daniels who could be stashed on the PS for another year.

That said - this screams like the classic "lets see what he looks like at WR, just in case we need someone in the future" type deal. Especially with Kasen Williams and Kevin Smith both being on the PS

massari

Reaction score
He's working with some of the greats.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TerrellePryor/status/618473569182482432[/tweet]

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Speed, speed, and MORE speed, oh, and yeah, SIZE & athleticism too?

randomation

Reaction score
So anything going on with this I would love to see him get a shot pretty sure we could get BJ to the practice squad easily enough.

Willyeye

Reaction score
Sounds like he's making the rounds. Apparently he already did a workout for the Pats, and next in line are the Jets. Supposedly next week for the Hawks, and now the Boys are looking at him to perhaps replace Dez.

netskier

Reaction score
Bevell has not yet shown that he knows how to use tall receivers, so Pryor would be wasted here.

Maybe he shrunk, but I recall him being six five, 238, running a 4.33 forty. He ran the longest touchdown in history for quarterbacks, so he has huge YAC potential. But I expect his routes are poor, so he would never be targeted, when in practice, and never get into games.

massari

Reaction score
netskier":2fglxfv0 said:
Bevell has not yet shown that he knows how to use tall receivers, so Pryor would be wasted here.

Maybe he shrunk, but I recall him being six five, 238, running a 4.33 forty. He ran the longest touchdown in history for quarterbacks, so he has huge YAC potential. But I expect his routes are poor, so he would never be targeted, when in practice, and never get into games.

The thing about Pryor is his potential. Whatever team can afford to stash him as the 6th/7th WR while he develops his routes/hands could get a steal of a player. Seems the Hawks are one of those teams since they could put BJ Daniels on the PS or release Lockette.

It's a low risk high reward situation to sign him imo.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
hawkfan68":hdi2mkth said:
oh goodie...sign another QB convert WR so he can be "inactive" on game days.
Correct. How about we just go Smurf? Worked fine for Miami and Dan Marino. I suppose Wilson too short though.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
northseahawk":zxtliclr said:
Why would they cut mattews. Why not danials instead. Mathews caught the only ball thrown his way.

-20pts. Proper nouns are capitalized.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
brimsalabim":wvycr0lc said:
To be clear my post above was in jest.. We don't just need depth at our OL ... We need starters. The guys starting now should be depth.

Good grief. It's a newly-assembled OL, and their first contest was against The Rams' DL...at Stl. How 'bout you at least give them two full games before tossing them to the way side?

massari

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/status/646388973514960898[/tweet]

massari

Reaction score
northseahawk":218f97cs said:
So wth is the update on this thing?

He's supposedly going to workout for the Hawks and Patriots this week.

Although, if he ran a 4.2 at the Jets workout and came away unsigned, probably means he's really raw or flawed in other areas.

Hopefully the Hawks can sign him as a 6th/7th WR with big upside/emergency QB.

DJrmb

Reaction score
massari":2eg0pssp said:
northseahawk":2eg0pssp said:
So wth is the update on this thing?

He's supposedly going to workout for the Hawks and Patriots this week.

Although, if he ran a 4.2 at the Jets workout and came away unsigned, probably means he's really raw or flawed in other areas.

Hopefully the Hawks can sign him as a 6th/7th WR with big upside/emergency QB.

Or they are lower on his (Pryor's) list of teams he wants to play for than one or more of the teams he's still scheduled to workout for...