WRs bothered by Bevell comments about Lockette !!!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":2qle8xca said:
Baldwin's act is so old. Just shut up and know your roll Doug. You're nothing special.

With Baldwin, I can't say the juice is worth the squeeze.

Because he is such a distraction to the team?

Baldwin (reading the full comment) made an enlightened and insightful answer to a very specific, leading question.

Guy is emotional. He is also a leader. That is his "roll"

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3i7dm2bq said:
CodeWarrior":3i7dm2bq said:
Baldwin's act is so old. Just shut up and know your roll Doug. You're nothing special.

With Baldwin, I can't say the juice is worth the squeeze.

Because he is such a distraction to the team?

Baldwin (reading the full comment) made an enlightened and insightful answer to a very specific, leading question.

Guy is emotional. He is also a leader. That is his "roll"

You're fine with Doug making everything about himself in the media then hurting this team on the field because he's "emotional." I'm not. I happen to think the "emotional" excuse is complete bullshit. He's just immature. But please, keep defending the player that gave Brady a short field in the super bowl because he found it necessary to shit out a football.

Difference of opinion, I suppose.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
At what point is the above comment he made about himself? How is that different than the attention that Lynch, Wilson, Sherman, Thomas garner with their comments. Also, how did he hurt his team on the field? A 15 yard penalty? Thomas hit a guy out of bounds to keep a drive going. That was emotional. He hurt his team.

He is the leader of the WR corp. He speaks for them. Thomas and Kam speak for the defense. Sherman just talks. Simple. And nothing he has said is "controversial."

There is a lot of pettiness on the board this week. Understandable. Seems easier to accept our players for who they are collectively instead of judging them individually. You will find the arguments have less merit.

A

Anonymous

Uncle Si":1s68qnor said:
At what point is the above comment he made about himself? How is that different than the attention that Lynch, Wilson, Sherman, Thomas garner with their comments. Also, how did he hurt his team on the field? A 15 yard penalty? Thomas hit a guy out of bounds to keep a drive going. That was emotional. He hurt his team.

He is the leader of the WR corp. He speaks for them. Thomas and Kam speak for the defense. Sherman just talks. Simple. And nothing he has said is "controversial."

There is a lot of pettiness on the board this week. Understandable. Seems easier to accept our players for who they are collectively instead of judging them individually. You will find the arguments have less merit.

Agreed.

It hasn't been a good week for us, Si.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":95u07idz said:
Uncle Si":95u07idz said:

Agreed.

It hasn't been a good week for us, Si.

Notice the capitalization though!

Tough week for all. 5 bleeping feet.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2akz4uy9 said:

Doug's constant battles with the media are about himself, not the team.

If you're going to equate Thomas's late hit with Doug's shitting out a football unsportsmanlike, we're just on different wave lengths. I believe Doug has plenty of room to grow as both a player and more importantly, a leader.

Difference of interpretation.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
The play would have worked if Lockette was better!

Yeah, weird how that might bother a WR group.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Doug has been nothing but clutch for this team since he's been here. It might be easier for a lot of you to just say F Him and let him go but he's a huge part of our team IMO. Keep talking, Doug but leave the stupid ball crapping to the lesser receivers

Uncle Si

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":10hvtna6 said:
Uncle Si":10hvtna6 said:

Doug's constant battles with the media are about himself, not the team.

If you're going to equate Thomas's late hit with Doug's shitting out a football unsportsmanlike, we're just on different wave lengths. I believe Doug has plenty of room to grow as both a player and more importantly, a leader.

Difference of interpretation.

They all do. But this is the cutting edge the team lives on. It can't be OK for Sherman and Thomas to celebrate themselves as the heralded Legion of Boom, drawing all that attention (negative from the standpoint of non-Seahawks fans) on the organization but be put off because Baldwin pulls the "no respect" card in the same way.

Sorry. I can't be that hypocritical (how about one dimensional). We have to accept the brash from all, or from none.

As for the penalty. It was stupid. It was 15 yards. He's not the first Seahawk this year to take a stupid penalty (late hits, roughness, taunting) and certainly won't be the last. If you want Baldwin to grow up there, then the whole team has to. Starting with Pete. Its the culture of the Seahawks. I am fine with it.

I appreciate what you're bringing to the table. I just don't see Baldwin's behavior in some sort of different light than the rest of the group. I enjoy the team for its brashness. I accept it (and living outside of Seattle deal with the "everyone hates your team" crap). But remember how this game "ended".

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Baldwin is challenged by his inferiority complex and need for attention. His play needs to do more talking good grief.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":2gjmvome said:
He's no Edelman or Amendola that's for sure.

You must have missed their parade.

Jesus Christ this place some times.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3poszs9b said:
Russ Willstrong":3poszs9b said:

Yea I need to get away. I might find my way back to liking ADB eventually but at this time his selfishness and unprofessionallism bothers the hell out of me. I guess it's because I feel attitudes and voices like his has the potential to divide the locker room. I'm hoping it won't.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Uncle Si":c8w5ijzs said:
Russ Willstrong":c8w5ijzs said:

I'm not so mad about ADB's brash comments toward other players. Yes Enderman and Amendalla aren't boyscout either. What I find problematic is ADB's resentment that he is in a run-heavy offense and behaviors hint of passive aggressiveness toward teammates (Wilson in particular). Some past examples: Criticism of Bevell in the locker room, declaring We want Lynch to get MVP(which makes it harder for RW to win it and also paved way for the final play as RW MVP conspiracy thinking), 2014 comments about certain people (aka Wilson) being robotic/fake, 2013 comments to NFLN that Luck can be best ever yet he goes mum when asked about Wilson, Baldwin spends summer camp with Luck, 2012 Comments to Real Rob how Luck is great and Russell isn't close, etc.. Good thing his teammates are mature enough to look beyond his antics and tantrums. Funny how I used to love the guy for his courage and for wearing his emotions. All that's left is for him to blame his Qb and coach for not getting him the ball.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
This team is going to come out like evil savages next year.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
-The Glove-":14tch2ub said:
Like I said in another thread... If he's lost the locker room, he needs to go

I think it is far more likely they will cut players they have lost, than fire the coach.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
lol at all you guys turning on Baldwin. Not like the best/second best corner in football was on him all game or anything.

This place can be something else sometimes.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Throwdown":y6orvg44 said:
Lol what did he say that was so bad? What in the hell am I missing???
Just a few Bevell fans taking their frustrations out on Baldwin.
Has Bevell takin' accountability yet for that BS playcall yet??? If not when is that going to happen?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1d4stzni said:
lol at all you guys turning on Baldwin. Not like the best/second best corner in football was on him all game or anything.

This place can be something else sometimes.

I still like Doug, but you have to admit his angry doug always has something to prove and say act is wearing a little thin.

He can obviously say anything he wants, but when he's not remorseful about his stupid antics in the endzone costing us a 15 yard penalty? I have a problem with that.

Your attempt at proving something or getting revenge on someone should NEVER come at the expense of the team, especially in the SB.