WRs bothered by Bevell comments about Lockette !!!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1dj0kq6n said:
Hasselbeck":1dj0kq6n said:
lol at all you guys turning on Baldwin. Not like the best/second best corner in football was on him all game or anything.

This place can be something else sometimes.

I still like Doug, but you have to admit his angry doug always has something to prove and say act is wearing a little thin.

He can obviously say anything he wants, but when he's not remorseful about his stupid antics in the endzone costing us a 15 yard penalty? I have a problem with that.

Your attempt at proving something or getting revenge on someone should NEVER come at the expense of the team, especially in the SB.

And a clear mistake on his part.

I just don't think a 15 yard penalty in the Super Bowl deserves such animosity from the fans as this thread has provided. RussWillstrong made some good points though, as do you. At some point Baldwin will either need to shut up, or show far more positive influence amongst the team.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3bm1x74m said:

I just don't think a 15 yard penalty in the Super Bowl deserves such animosity from the fans as this thread has provided. RussWillstrong made some good points though, as do you. At some point Baldwin will either need to shut up, or show far more positive influence amongst the team.

The animosity wasn't the penalty, the animosity is because Doug hasn't shown any remorse or apologized.

Plenty of players make dumb mistakes, fans get irritated when the player doesn't think he needs to apologize.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1sbzvexg said:
Uncle Si":1sbzvexg said:

The animosity wasn't the penalty, the animosity is because Doug hasn't shown any remorse or apologized.

Plenty of players make dumb mistakes, fans get irritated when the player doesn't think he needs to apologize.

Has Pete or Wilson or Bevell apologized for the interception? Did Hasselback ever apologize for "We want the ball?". Did Lynch ever apologize for his DUI? (hyperbole, but you see how deep this could go).

I honestly don't know. But I don't need professional athletes to apologize to get on with life. I just want them to play good football. If he's better next year, sweet. If he's not, he's open.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1kyzr9ul said:
Sgt. Largent":1kyzr9ul said:
Uncle Si":1kyzr9ul said:
Has Pete or Wilson or Bevell apologized for the interception? Did Hasselback ever apologize for "We want the ball?". Did Lynch ever apologize for his DUI? (hyperbole, but you see how deep this could go).

I honestly don't know. But I don't need professional athletes to apologize to get on with life. I just want them to play good football. If he's better next year, sweet. If he's not, he's open.

I haven't heard Bevell speak since the post game, but both Wilson and Carroll have said they feel awful for letting everyone down, including this morning when Pete told Matt Lauer that the gravity of the interception to what it means to the players, coaches and the entire NW hit him immediately after the interception.

Had Doug said anything like that?

Plus IMO it's apples and oranges. Throwing an interception is part of the game, what Doug did was a voluntary act that literally had nothing to do with the game other than making the moment about himself and not the team. Big difference.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":21gpm5xt said:
lol at all you guys turning on Baldwin. Not like the best/second best corner in football was on him all game or anything.

You think people are predominately criticizing his play? Did you even read the thread?

AgentDib

Reaction score
I don't know how any of you can defend Baldwin's unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. That was a pre-meditated act that was 100% selfish, incredibly immature, and guaranteed to hurt the team. If a 49er did that this board would make fun of them forever but suddenly we have to pretend it isn't a big deal because he's a Seahawk. It is a big deal. Unlike many of our players, Baldwin tends to channel the chip on his shoulder in a really negative manner and I hope that his fellow players can help him to use it more positively going forwards.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Consider the topic: WRs bothered by Bevells comments. Why is it that Doug's comments get interpreted as THE WRs point of view? Aren't his rants and opinions his own? Kearse and Lockette owned their part in the failed play and have moved on. What's ADB's point really to bring about turmoil?

Consider the pre SB interview with ADB declaring "We want Marshawn to win the MVP". Was Baldwin really representing the entire Seahawks team when he stated on NFLN that "the team" wants to make Marshawn the SB MVP or was it his agenda to influence it so that Wilson not get MVP? How much did this talk of Marshawn MVP contribute to the outrage and the conspiracy thinking that coaches were attempt to crown Wilson MVP as opposed to Lynch which led to the pass play? What ever happened to Doug's speech about letting the game run its course rather than politicking? Why did he not heed his own words?

Then there is Doug's repeated slights toward Wilson in the past when he is prompted to talk about Luck vs Wilson (once documented on RRR and another at NFLN). What do we make of his comments about a certain someone being robotic or fake? Don't those comments hurt that certain robotic qb just as much as it hurts Baldwin when he hears that he is merely "aight"? If Dougie can't take criticism then don't be casually dishing it.
Heres a tip Doug: Quit being selfish and protect your team. It's about brotherhood.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I think you're right in some regards. I also think you're misreading the comments on Lynch. He was under fire all week. Players were saying all types of things to support him.

That said, there was obviously some sort of schism in the locker room this year. Whether it was Percy and Wilson, Percy and everyone, who knows. But I remember Baldwin going off on Wilson on the sideline early in the year for paying too much attention to Harvin.

I think (hope) that the team is a bit tighter than you're assuming. That does not mean differences don't exist.

Also, why Baldwin may be self-obsessed, I don't view him as selfish. Difference being, I believe Baldwin would do just about anything to help Seattle win.

hawk45

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2ghsuibu said:
Also, why Baldwin may be self-obsessed, I don't view him as selfish. Difference being, I believe Baldwin would do just about anything to help Seattle win.

Well, anything besides refrain from a celebration that harms his team's chances of winning one of the biggest games in franchise history at any rate. I mean come on, some NFL pundit probably accurately observed that Baldwin is no Calvin Johnson. That must not go unpunished!!!!!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":ovx9zwbe said:

Getting a 15 yard penalty for pooping on a ball is selfish, it's the very definition of selfish. Me > team.

Doug loves his team, and his teammates.......but what he did was selfish. He needs to follow Sherman's lead, pick his spots and come across more intellectually, rather than ranting and acting out.

hawk45

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1aldr313 said:
He needs to follow Sherman's lead, pick his spots .

This is what it's all about, more than whether we view his rants as intellectual or not (I view them as well-articulated crybaby myself but one man's crybaby is another man's chip-on-shoulder I guess so whatever).

Sherman had an emotional explosion after last year's NFCC but if a players acts out after making the play to send us to the Superbowl after the game is iced, this message board wouldn't bat an eyelash (the majority at any rate).

If Dougie had caught the game-winning TD he could have dropped an actual deuce out there and 12s would be okay with it.

It's actually fairly shocking that a player would premeditate hurting his team in the Superbowl. Seriously. That goes for all teams let alone this team.

Rocket

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":mpo0vvxx said:
Don't forget he got a touchdown against the second best corner in football by using his shiftiness and brains.
So he pooped on Roger. So what. Roger needs to get pooped on.

mrinsatiable

Reaction score
Baldwin's comments are understandable. Bevell's an idiot for throwing his offense under the bus when the entire team took the loss and it's responsibility on themselves. Caroll did it, Russell did it and even Lynch didn't call out the coaching staff. For the worst call in Superbowl History.

I'll be happy to get rid of Bevell and get another OC with a lot more imagination.

For those of you who are jumping on Baldwin's case...you forget so easily whose clutch catches are in game deciding moments. Try to find another wr with such devotion to the team and focus in such key situations. Tate was an immature brat who wanted an extra $1million instead of another chance to win a championship.

Wake up 12's and realize that the only real villain here is Bevell.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
mrinsatiable":373a8pj1 said:
Baldwin's comments are understandable. Bevell's an idiot for throwing his offense under the bus when the entire team took the loss and it's responsibility on themselves. Caroll did it, Russell did it and even Lynch didn't call out the coaching staff. For the worst call in Superbowl History.

I'll be happy to get rid of Bevell and get another OC with a lot more imagination.

For those of you who are jumping on Baldwin's case...you forget so easily whose clutch catches are in game deciding moments. Try to find another wr with such devotion to the team and focus in such key situations. Tate was an immature brat who wanted an extra $1million instead of another chance to win a championship.

Wake up 12's and realize that the only real villain here is Bevell.

This is the point of view I don't understand. Doug can keep making those clutch catches that help the team without the boneheaded self-promotion . They aren't intertwined, so please stop pretending like we can't have one without the other.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
themunn":1hqq3i74 said:
""But in the reality of it, it's in the heat of the moment right after the game, people may say things or do things they may have changed or would like to be interpreted differently"

So what he's saying is at first they were bothered, but they realised he didn't really mean that it's Lockette's fault.

But of course everybody hates Baldwin all of a sudden, despite stepping up time and time again with clutch play for us.

There's a whole lot of animosity towards Baldwin because of his stupid act of squatting over the ball crap, netting his team mates a 15 Yard penalty, so there are a few around here that want him gone for just doing that.
I too was pissed off when he did that, because it showed a lack of maturity, but Doug Baldwin is FAR from "Pedestrian" as some of these yokels are insinuating, and downright saying.
I love how the focus around the Nation has shifted to what will be considered one of the dumbest play-calls in SB History, AWAY from Tom Brady's responsibility for his role for having the balls deflated to his liking in Deflate Gate, + "Mr. Unethical" Bill Bellicheck's ways of Coaching multiple games, and keeping players on the field with an obvious concussion, while Pete did the right thing by going with "player safety first", and having Cliff Averil taken out of the game.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":2xdmxsxw said:
Uncle Si":2xdmxsxw said:
At what point is the above comment he made about himself? How is that different than the attention that Lynch, Wilson, Sherman, Thomas garner with their comments. Also, how did he hurt his team on the field? A 15 yard penalty? Thomas hit a guy out of bounds to keep a drive going. That was emotional. He hurt his team.

He is the leader of the WR corp. He speaks for them. Thomas and Kam speak for the defense. Sherman just talks. Simple. And nothing he has said is "controversial."

There is a lot of pettiness on the board this week. Understandable. Seems easier to accept our players for who they are collectively instead of judging them individually. You will find the arguments have less merit.

Doug's constant battles with the media are about himself, not the team.

If you're going to equate Thomas's late hit with Doug's shitting out a football unsportsmanlike, we're just on different wave lengths. I believe Doug has plenty of room to grow as both a player and more importantly, a leader.

Difference of interpretation.
BOTH were 15 Yard penalties, and BOTH were brain fart plays.
Just easier to hang a shit tag on the player that you don't like, and omit the ones that you do eh?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3e9x2so8 said:

You mean 'something stupid'? I completely agree.
Let's face it though, every Fan board is populated with a FEW ingrates, and pessimists eh?
Hell, even I fly off the shit pump handle every once in awhile. :lol:

Hawkfan509

Reaction score
Baldwin is justified in being bothered by the comments. The truth hurts sometimes.
I feel like we need to upgrade our WR core. We have a bunch of #3's in my opinion. I understand that a true #1 that dictates coverage is hard to find but we can upgrade

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":5gqpen3o said:
Had Doug said anything like that?
I don't know if either Baldwin (for his immaturity on that play), or Thomas for his brain fart play, (both 15 Yarders) had apologized for their goof ups, but, aren't you making the assumption that they didn't.
Baldwin isn't given the benefit of the doubt, so he's a guilty SOB until you hear otherwise?

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1sw42zot said:
CodeWarrior":1sw42zot said:
Uncle Si":1sw42zot said:
At what point is the above comment he made about himself? How is that different than the attention that Lynch, Wilson, Sherman, Thomas garner with their comments. Also, how did he hurt his team on the field? A 15 yard penalty? Thomas hit a guy out of bounds to keep a drive going. That was emotional. He hurt his team.

He is the leader of the WR corp. He speaks for them. Thomas and Kam speak for the defense. Sherman just talks. Simple. And nothing he has said is "controversial."

There is a lot of pettiness on the board this week. Understandable. Seems easier to accept our players for who they are collectively instead of judging them individually. You will find the arguments have less merit.

Doug's constant battles with the media are about himself, not the team.

If you're going to equate Thomas's late hit with Doug's shitting out a football unsportsmanlike, we're just on different wave lengths. I believe Doug has plenty of room to grow as both a player and more importantly, a leader.

Difference of interpretation.
BOTH were 15 Yard penalties, and BOTH were brain fart plays.
Just easier to hang a shit tag on the player that you don't like, and omit the ones that you do eh?

What does "like" even mean in this context? I don't particularly care about these players' personalities off the field, but I do care when it affects on the field events.

Are you arguing that Doug's celebration was a "brain fart?" You don't see any premeditation there? Also, you equate his unsportsmanlike penalty with Thomas's late hit? If you are, I'm not going to argue with you. No point.