Yesterday's announcers

zetes

Reaction score
I think it's pretty clear that when you use "WE" in a critical 3rd down like - "WE really need to make a play here" -- THAT is pretty "Homer-ish", isn't it? As I said, I don't mind it because it just gets me more pumped as it's good to have an enemy. They were fair at other times during the broadcast for sure but I still think they were pretty big homers and they were NOT more hard on the Broncos - No way! Not this game they weren't. There are probably worse announcers too and different fans like different styles -- I actually like Aikman and find he is much more even 90% of the time than he was when he first started in the booth. Anyway, the thread specifically says "yesterday's announcers" so if you think it is ridiculous complaining about "yesterday's announcers" on a complaining board... eh... I mean "forums" then why read and comment on this thread??? LOL!
Z.

Msfann

Reaction score
Crizilla":1xmwot33 said:
Steve2222":1xmwot33 said:
I actually thought they were pretty fair straight across

this

how about we talk about the teams performance instead of the announcers.

Cool we can do that in the team performance thread, this one's clearly about the announcers.

It's real easy people, if you don't want to see threads like this DONT click the damn thing. This thread was about the announcers and people are mucking it up with other crap because they don't like the subject.

That being said I thought it was a bit pro Denver too but they we're winning and it was in Denver. I imagine it would have been the opposite here.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
poly1274":28lif7gc said:
You better hope Beth Mowins isn't annoucing next week. I can't stand it.

No kidding. I'm all for female announcers...Have no problem with it whatsoever but her voice is annoying.

Seymour

Reaction score
poly1274":2htbel7o said:
You better hope Beth Mowins isn't annoucing next week. I can't stand it.

Holy hell....I thought that was a guy until I saw it! :shock:

OP
OP
Jazzhawk

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Crizilla":1ndy9sms said:
Steve2222":1ndy9sms said:
I actually thought they were pretty fair straight across

this

how about we talk about the teams performance instead of the announcers.
How about we talk about what the hell we want to talk about and you leave your sh**ty opinion out of it.

That being said, I wasn't trying to pan the whole show, I just felt MS was too much of a homer for a National Network broadcast. Other than that I've enjoyed this combo of announcers on OTHER games.

JimmyG

Reaction score
I think a lot of fans go into games with a preconceived bias towards announcers. Like, "this guy for sure hates us", or "this guy for sure is rooting for the other team". Then anytime the announcer says anything remotely derogatory or complimentary, it becomes confirmation bias.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Interesting takeaway from the broadcast. I actually thought the opposite - that Schlereth was good and Stockton was brutal.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
kobebryant":1lae5q0i said:
Interesting takeaway from the broadcast. I actually thought the opposite - that Schlereth was good and Stockton was brutal.

But this doesn't fit into the utterly baseless homer narrative we have going on here right now.

Everyone knows color commentators have no ability to remain unbiased and objective while calling games involving their old teams, and gosh darn it that hurts our collective feelings.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Schlareth shouldn't be allowed to do Bronco games.
It would be like Fox allowing Troy Aikman or Daryl Johnson to announce Cowboys games. No thanks

ivotuk

Reaction score
zetes":1c7bwth1 said:
Jazzhawk":1c7bwth1 said:
SoulfishHawk":1c7bwth1 said:
I kept waiting for him to say "we" at some point. :roll:

He did... towards the end of the game.

I heard it a bunch of times. I expected that homerism during a pre-season game but not in a regular season game. I actually like having something else to cheer against so I shouting at the TV "How do you like that Schlereth!!!" :0190l: after the first Hawks TD. Of course, my 7 year old responded with "You do know they can't hear you, right???"

Z.

:lol:

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
Easy fix. (I highly recommend trying this if you are tired of bias outsiders calling the game.)

For years now, I have listened to the KIRO radio broadcasts with Rab's calling the game while watching the game on TV. I have an ear bud from a radio in one ear and can listen to the TV broadcast with the other ear. An additional bonus is the few seconds of delay difference between the TV and radio broadcasts, often several seconds. Those few seconds allow you to know the play that is coming and you can then direct your attention on the TV more specifically toward the coming action and players involved. (This is often when I tell my wife, hey, watch this play coming up!) Also the radio may have a lot more in game information like injuries & player stats. This works well for me every week, and Rab's is the BEST and most exciting announcer of them all. I also have NFL gameday tracker going on my laptop for referencing data and player stats etc. during the games. For some games when the announcers are really bad, I mute the TV and just listen on the radio, this while also recording the game on DVR, I can then hear the TV commentators go on an on if I want on replay.

:smilingalien:

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
Forgot to add: The radio pregame stuff is often much more informative than what one gets on the TV pregame shows, however Fox coverage on TV (channel 13) isn't too bad in that regard because they are the official Seahawks channel but then all of the games aren't always on Fox.
:smilingalien:

mrt144

Reaction score
Mark was fine giving kudos to the Seahawks when we made some big plays. Dick was calling people by the wrong names.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
It is "rare" for the pair of TV announcers to be "fair" with the Seahawks as we are located so far away from even the Midwest of America. Hence, I turn off the TV sound and listen to "local color" on KIRO. There is a time difference from the TV action...and in this first game it was at least three seconds ahead of the TV......gives me more time to post on .Net.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
While we are on pet peeves, I absolutely cannot stand when every person in the national media uses the words "up in/there" when referring to the Seahawks.

As in, "...And that's just how Pete Carroll likes it up in Seattle."

Why do they have to add UP IN before they say the word Seattle? Do they say "Down there" in Los Angeles? "Down in Miami" or Jacksonville?

Drives me nuts.

acer1240

Reaction score
Schlareth was on 710 in the days leading up to the game and admitted his bias so I was not surprised

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Aros":18t8un01 said:
While we are on pet peeves, I absolutely cannot stand when every person in the national media uses the words "up in/there" when referring to the Seahawks.

As in, "...And that's just how Pete Carroll likes it up in Seattle."

Why do they have to add UP IN before they say the word Seattle? Do they say "Down there" in Los Angeles? "Down in Miami" or Jacksonville?

Drives me nuts.
Seattle is geographically north of Colorado and most of the areas teams cover? It is also at the top corner of the United States. So yes, up there is technically correct. The closest team in proximity to Seattle is the 49ers which is 862 miles away. Seattle is the most isolated of football teams geographically speaking.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3t9q8lsy said:
Seattle is geographically north of Colorado and most of the areas teams cover? It is also at the top corner of the United States. So yes, up there is technically correct. The closest team in proximity to Seattle is the 49ers which is 862 miles away. Seattle is the most isolated of football teams geographically speaking.

I get that. Doesn't drive me any less nuts though, lol. I am pretty sure they can say "Russell Wilson in Seattle" and people would know where they are talking about.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
acer1240":1k4exizd said:
Schlareth was on 710 in the days leading up to the game and admitted his bias so I was not surprised

He actually said the opposite. He said he treats the Broncos like he treats his kids, much harder on them.

Schlereth was fine, and certainly nothing to get worked up about. Most announcing crews suck, I actually appreciated his exuberance. He had way more personality than most color guys...........jesus did anyone listen to Jason Witten last night? That was BRUTAL, dude has the personality of a box of rocks.

DrDix

Reaction score
Seasons change but one thing that never will is the weekly complaint thread about the commentators. They were fine lmao.

Latest posts