You can't have it both ways...

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Largent80":2qvz46h5 said:
I'm NOT OK with four first downs on 3rd down conversions granted from penalties.

Add the big first down on the pick play by Snead, and the TD on the pick play by Snead. That's 4 first downs and 1 td squarely on the refs.

Steve2222

Reaction score
I mean, I think it's a pretty legit gripe that we are the most penalized team in the NFL the past few years and our opponents are the least penalized. I find it hard to believe offensive lineman aren't constantly holding Bennett, Avril, and Clark. Those guys can't get a holding call to save their lives.

ringless

Reaction score
Seattle is 14th in penalties against this year. I'm willing to make a bet. Go on any 32 forums during any of their games and fans are complaining about refs. I was talking to a Seattle fan when the cardinals forward pas was ruled a fumble this week. That Seattle fan told me "you can't complain if you're team plays a game and leaves it up to the refs". Well Seattle has a pretty bad offense and that's going to mean a lot of close games where it's going to be easier to magnify the what ifs of a game. Seattle has benefited from some pretty big calls in the past. Sometimes they will go for you and sometimes against. But in every Seattle loss the officiating is always to blame. Just look at all your losses. (Don't worry there's 31 other fan bases that do the same thing)

So you guys lost. Your still in 1st place. You could be us right now so enjoy it.

Seattle is 3-1-1 this year in 1 score games. Kearly has always pointed out 1 score games typically revert to mean one way or the other to a 50% win rate. So Seattle is lucky they aren't 2-2-1 or worse. You guys are so use to winning that anything less is a shock and unacceptable. It's the culture that's been bred. But it's possible that level of winning isn't sustainable anymore due to a loss of depth on defense and a loss of talent on offense. I think it's the nature of the NFL showing itself more than anything.

cymatica

Reaction score
Seattle is 14th in penalties against this year. I'm willing to make a bet. Go on any 32 forums during any of their games and fans are complaining about refs. I was talking to a Seattle fan when the cardinals forward pas was ruled a fumble this week. That Seattle fan told me "you can't complain if you're team plays a game and leaves it up to the refs". Well Seattle has a pretty bad offense and that's going to mean a lot of close games where it's going to be easier to magnify the what ifs of a game. Seattle has benefited from some pretty big calls in the past. Sometimes they will go for you and sometimes against. But in every Seattle loss the officiating is always to blame. Just look at all your losses. (Don't worry there's 31 other fan bases that do the same thing)

You are missing the point entirely, dont know why this has to be explained over and over. The seahawks opponents get penalized below their average for 3 years in a row. In other words, team A gets penalized 10 times before and after playing the seahawks, and only 5 times while playing the seahawks. This is documented online, it shows the refs looking for penalties on one team much more often, for whatever reason. This has happened 90% of the time roughly, thats where the frustration is.

I would be willing to bet the saints magically get panelized more next game( hell, lets say double or triple since they had 2) and the bills will get less than their average. Probably the safest bet in sports right now. Only eay this changes is for pete and co to bring this out in the open.

Everyone here understands the hawks may play on the edge and cause their fair share of penalties, that shouldnt cause refs to ignore what the other team does. Seriously, our dline gets some atrocious looking holds never called every game( like bennett getting pulled down by the facemask right by the qb in the AZ game, against the RT where its impossible to miss)

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Here's why this arguement is BS. Ignoring all of the BS penalties the refs didn't call vs NO and al of the BS calls the refs did call against the Hawks, the WORST call of all was winding the clock on the last NO drive. He was clearly pushed out of bounds. Instead the refs wound the clock and Seattle used their last time out. Had this not hapened they would have had an extra minute to try and score. Do you think an extra minute mightve given them 3 more end zone shots??

Hawkpower

Reaction score
ringless":2fv8xow5 said:

So you guys lost. Your still in 1st place. You could be us right now so enjoy it.

Seattle is 3-1-1 this year in 1 score games. Kearly has always pointed out 1 score games typically revert to mean one way or the other to a 50% win rate. So Seattle is lucky they aren't 2-2-1 or worse. You guys are so use to winning that anything less is a shock and unacceptable. It's the culture that's been bred. But it's possible that level of winning isn't sustainable anymore due to a loss of depth on defense and a loss of talent on offense. I think it's the nature of the NFL showing itself more than anything.

New Orleans was the most penalized team in the NFL coming in to the game.

They had 1 penalty called against them yesterday. You really think they magically quit making mistakes overnight? You are smarter than that

Now, we are either dealing with continued mathematical impossibilities, or the Seahawks once again got disproportionately taken over a barrel.

I blame morons like BA who continually bit## in the media about the Seahawks, and the national guys who flip a biscuit any time Seattle gets the benefit of ANY call.

Even my Cardinal buddies have been brainwashed into thinking Seattle gets breaks from the refs, when the reality couldnt be further from the truth.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Hawkpower":nstzwnrm said:
ringless":nstzwnrm said:

New Orleans was the most penalized team in the NFL coming in to the game.

They had 1 penalty called against them yesterday. You really think they magically quit making mistakes overnight? You are smarter than that

Now, we are either dealing with continued mathematical impossibilities, or the Seahawks once again got disproportionately taken over a barrel.

I blame morons like BA who continually bit## in the media about the Seahawks, and the national guys who flip a biscuit any time Seattle gets the benefit of ANY call.

Even my Cardinal buddies have been brainwashed into thinking Seattle gets breaks from the refs, when the reality couldnt be further from the truth.

This is the rub. Any fan base would and should be pissed off when the penalty total is this out of wack.

Magnify that when you are playing the most penalized team in the league who mysteriously play the cleanest game of thier lives.

Magnify it again when you see that some of the most critical calls upon review in slow motion, were blatantly bad calls.

Magnify it even more when the broadcasters and Mike Piera are calling out the bad calls.

Magnify again when you watch the opponent (the most penalized team in the league) getting away with blatant and obvious infractions that again are called out by the broadcasters and Piera.

Now magnify it 100 fold when on the final drive in a blatantly obvious clock stopping situation the officials tells the time keeper to keep the clock running.

All that and then you lose because even though you drove the length of the field, you now only have enough time for one shot at the endzone from 10 yards out full well knowing if the officials don't purposely burn the clock we would have had a full minute and a time out to get closer to the endzone with multiple opportunities to score.

This game might also be easier to stomach if we hadn't watched this pattern over the last 3 years. This pattern that is well documented.

a_gumbel

Reaction score
SeAhAwKeR4life":3p9s2d1s said:
potatohead":3p9s2d1s said:
There is a distinct difference what happened in both games.

Agreed, the non call vs Atlanta was something you wouldn't be surprised was a non call.

Yesterday we got called for anything possible and the Saints were given a pass. I think the two they got were to keep the appearance of objectivity. Goodell dislikes the Seahawks and isn't afraid to direct his officiating crews to give us the business. The NFL very much wants LA and AZ to be part of the playoff picture in the west as well.

Lol AZ had like a 2nd and 40 against Carolina.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
a_gumbel":1jvwdt8w said:
SeAhAwKeR4life":1jvwdt8w said:
potatohead":1jvwdt8w said:
There is a distinct difference what happened in both games.

Agreed, the non call vs Atlanta was something you wouldn't be surprised was a non call.

Yesterday we got called for anything possible and the Saints were given a pass. I think the two they got were to keep the appearance of objectivity. Goodell dislikes the Seahawks and isn't afraid to direct his officiating crews to give us the business. The NFL very much wants LA and AZ to be part of the playoff picture in the west as well.

Lol AZ had like a 2nd and 40 against Carolina.

How was the officiating in that game? I know they called AZ 10 penalties and if not for a huge lead, probably would have called alot more.

Every struggling team in the NFC South was helped immensely by the officiating this week. The only exception was Atlanta who is leading the division and were playing Green Bay.

The penalty disparity between NO, Tampa and Panthers were called for a total of 13 penalties while their opponents were flagged 44 times. The NFL tv ratings in that area of the world are down so I suspect the NFL decided it needed to improve their wins to make them look more competitive and at the cost of Seattle AZ and Oakland. Teams that a loss keeps their division looking more competitive as well.

I didn't watch the AZ game though. How did the officiating look to you in that game? Assuming you watched it of course.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I'm gonna go back to a point I brought up in another thread. Back many years ago Colorado won an early season game because the refs screwed up and gave them 5 downs. I believe they went on to win it all that year (or perhaps they just came close). If the other team had been on the benefiting side of a judgement call penalty earlier that season, would anybody be saying they had not right to bitch?

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Seafan":b0rvf6d3 said:
The first amendment says I can have it any way I like it.

The First Amendment doesn't apply to this forum, unless it's actually run by the government.

Maybe it's a conspiracy, I don't know.

253hawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":3ovk2zqb said:
I'm gonna go back to a point I brought up in another thread. Back many years ago Colorado won an early season game because the refs screwed up and gave them 5 downs. I believe they went on to win it all that year (or perhaps they just came close). If the other team had been on the benefiting side of a judgement call penalty earlier that season, would anybody be saying they had not right to bitch?

Yep, Colorado finished 11-1-1 for #1 that year in a tie with GA Tech (who had no losses but 1 tie). They probably should have finished as low as #7.

One call may be the difference between making the playoffs and missing them entirely.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hollandhawk":22nudhf8 said:
Who wins the falcons game if it is officiated correctly? Who wins today? Today was a constant barrage of nonsense, not sure how those games can be compared.

You're exactly right, there is no direct or indirect comparisons between the two games.
The game between the Seahawks & Falcons was officiated a hell of a lot better.
To insinuate that Sherman and the Seahawks got away with a lot of penalties, and that the Falcons were being jobbed has been grossly exaggerated....The Falcons were cut a LOT of slack, and got away with doing the EXACT same thing as Sherman, only Kearse didn't slap the Corner in the head at the LOS....In both cases DPI's went uncalled.
The Saints was a cluster screw to our Defense....Officials spotted the Saints to a win.....DISGUSTING.