Your favourite play of the Eagles game

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Wilson's run had me jumping but that pass to Baldwin was a breath of fresh air. We will need some more explosive plays down the stretch and it was nice to see that they are still capable.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Scottemojo":n1hu6rff said:
Tical21":n1hu6rff said:
The play where Marshawn did the Tracy Porter to 315 lb. Bennie Logan.
seconded. Logan looked defeated after that.

did you catch him pulling on Lynch's arm as they were walking away? he was trying to get something from Lynch?

"call me?"

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Maybe the quick timing route to Norwood on the right side in the second half for the first down. Man it was nice to see a simple, well-executed timing route and throw and catch from this offense. More of that please.

halps80

Reaction score
Maybe the quick timing route to Norwood on the right side in the second half for the first down. Man it was nice to see a simple, well-executed timing route and throw and catch from this offense. More of that please

Great point. As 'on-fire' as we are right now, our passing offense still relies too heavily on Russ' improvisational skills, it feels to me like it is on the verge of out-of-control. I'd like to see if we can find a balance of a bit more cool, west-coast efficiency, without losing the magic.

OP
OP
12thManNorth

12thManNorth

Reaction score
Good call on Lynch's first run after the fumble. He dragged half their defence for 8 yards. Think I rewound that one about 5 times

Optimus25

Reaction score
Someone already mentioned the 3rd and 15 pass to Richardson. Prior to this morning, i would have said many of the other plays others already have....until i saw a replay of the 3rd and 15 play this morning. If you have the luxury, watch Russell Wilson completely and utterly decimate #91's ankles in avoiding the pressure. Unbelievable. Awesome. Hilarious. Russell broke his ankles better than I've ever seen AI do, and i completely missed it live.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
The play where Wilson clearly wasn't ready for the snap. Caught it, had to scramble around and found an open man.

My friends I was watching with when "Oh shit" as soon as the play started. I calmly said "Russ has this." And he did.

razgriz737

Reaction score
I liked the play where Maclin (I think it was) totally dropped an easy pass because he saw Kam right in front of him.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Marcus Burley's Sack.

Not very often do you see the Seahawks run a corner blitz and those two back-to-back sacks on that drive ended any rally or attempts of a rally and just deflated the Eagles team the rest of the way (as well as 90% of the crowd that got up and left).

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Rob12":2kvy8te7 said:
-The Glove-":2kvy8te7 said:
Probably that Jermaine Kearse diving catch...that was a thing of beauty

One of the better catches I've seen. I think some have soured on Kearse a little bit this year but I hope he's back next year. He's not a 1 or 2 but he can make big plays.

Yeah I was shocked when I looked at his numbers.

He has more catches and over 100 more yards than he did all of last year with 3 games to go. Just lacking TDs.

I mean, his numbers aren't great, but I had no idea he was basically having the best year of his career. It sure doesn't feel like it.

kearly

Reaction score
As soon as I saw this thread, my very first thought was the Kam hit on the Eagles KO return. Much more important than the stop was the energy it gave our team. This actually got quite a bit of talk today in the national NFL TV shows such as NFL live. A lot of non-Seahawks fans were watching the game and noticed this moment.

It may have been just a routine play, but if Seattle runs the table and ends the year with another ring, I'm going to look back at that moment as the time when I really started believing in destiny again.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":1ejdbc48 said:
Marcus Burley's Sack.

Not very often do you see the Seahawks run a corner blitz and those two back-to-back sacks on that drive ended any rally or attempts of a rally and just deflated the Eagles team the rest of the way (as well as 90% of the crowd that got up and left).

No kidding, I was like "whoa, a corner blitz, were did that come from?" That was beautifully executed, makes ya wonder why we don't see that a little more often...

olyfan63

Reaction score
Everyone has covered so many awesome plays... there's not much left.
Let's go with Byron Maxwell and his 3rd down pass defense knock-away (there were several) helping the Eagles to yet another 3 and out. Just so illustrative of what Seattle has been doing the last 3 weeks, playing lights-out.

I also really liked the Marcus Burley corner blitz sack... it seems like when we do that, we never get there, and if we do, the big QB shakes off our teeny corner and completes a big throw. It was so sweet to get a sack out of one of those.

The third favorite play was the Jordan Hill sack, because Hill has this way of quickly disengaging from his blocker and moving laterally very quickly to vaccuum up a QB or RB. Nice to get a sack from one of our inside DT guys.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Since I've not seen it posted here...I most appreciated the pick 6 that wasn't.

I'd already seen the scoreboard change before the ball fell harmlessly to earth.

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":2bonmpg6 said:
Maybe the quick timing route to Norwood on the right side in the second half for the first down. Man it was nice to see a simple, well-executed timing route and throw and catch from this offense. More of that please.

Agreed, It was nice to see those. I think Norwood had 2 catches for first downs?? Anyway, thats what we drafted him for. I think he's going to be a great long time pro.

Smellyman

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":33l6hczq said:
Pandion Haliaetus":33l6hczq said:
Marcus Burley's Sack.

No kidding, I was like "whoa, a corner blitz, were did that come from?" That was beautifully executed, makes ya wonder why we don't see that a little more often...

correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think it was called. It was just the correct read. As soon as his man went in motion, he had no coverage responiblity so he is supposed to rush.

Mick063

Reaction score
Rob12":1vay6mhn said:
Russell seeing nothing but daylight on the TD run on the read option early on to tie the game up. That was the play that calmed my nerves. Such a beautiful play.

My favorite as well.

I can't ever recall him accelerating quite like that before. No hesitation or pump fake. He just turned on the jets and made the defense look relatively slow. Impressive.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Smellyman":3a8rvh03 said:
LawlessHawk":3a8rvh03 said:
Pandion Haliaetus":3a8rvh03 said:
Marcus Burley's Sack.

correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think it was called. It was just the correct read. As soon as his man went in motion, he had no coverage responiblity so he is supposed to rush.
Didn't Sherman do the exact same thing on Sanchez too?

Smellyman

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2a3czwz2 said:
Smellyman":2a3czwz2 said:
LawlessHawk":2a3czwz2 said:
Pandion Haliaetus":2a3czwz2 said:
Marcus Burley's Sack.

Didn't Sherman do priscothe exact same thing on Sanchez too?

I don't recall