Your favourite play of the Eagles game

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
-The Glove-":6z0fu92e said:
Smellyman":6z0fu92e said:
LawlessHawk":6z0fu92e said:
Pandion Haliaetus":6z0fu92e said:
Marcus Burley's Sack.

Not very often do you see the Seahawks run a corner blitz and those two back-to-back sacks on that drive ended any rally or attempts of a rally and just deflated the Eagles team the rest of the way (as well as 90% of the crowd that got up and left).

No kidding, I was like "whoa, a corner blitz, were did that come from?" That was beautifully executed, makes ya wonder why we don't see that a little more often...

correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think it was called. It was just the correct read. As soon as his man went in motion, he had no coverage responiblity so he is supposed to rush.
Didn't Sherman do the exact same thing on Sanchez too?
Yep. From the other side, and he caused a fumble.
http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/v ... 21c48a1772

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I'd say defense but so many to choose from and difficult to say just one. So for me it was the Baldwin td. Those were the type of plays we saw a lot of last year and very few of this season so far. Hope it's a start of many more to come rest of the way...

SChawk27

Reaction score
Kind of late to the party, but I liked seeing Bennett causing so much havoc all game and notching a sack. I want to see more of the Ravishing Rick Rude the rest of the year.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":2mqfyndi said:
A lot of good submissions, but "The Play" has got to be it.

http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/v ... ffb9f3eb4f
No kidding. The moment Russell turned his shoulders to the left, I jumped up from the couch and yelled as the ball was in the air, "That's our play! Marshawn's open!" Camera panned left and there he was.

Truly one of the most beautiful football plays I've seen. Radical even.

Big picture: the Seahawks offense is cranking it up at the right time. And that's all they need to do to see this through to the big game.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Favorite play was Lynch's 21 yard run on 3rd and 15. After that I had no doubt we were winning that game.

byau

Reaction score
Love this thread. Great way to relive the game.

Favorite is Kam's hit on the kickoff. Love it.

One that hasn't been mentioned was Earl's fumble recovery. The guy that starts the possession pretty much farthest away from the ball rushes in and practically dives head first into the pack for a loose ball.

Check the replay and he's running and diving with that "GET THE BALL! GET THE BALL!" swarming attitude

Love ET3!

http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/v ... d02eb6f354

Other favorites, just like everyone else:

Russell's running TD

Screen to Marshawn TD

Baldwin's long ball TD

Bubble screen to Kearse because it ACTUALLY WORKED

The collection of great catches by the receivers - high point catch (Norwood I think?), stretched out catch (Kearse)... tons of great catches by the rest of the guys that altogether showed great pass offense. Sometime during the game they pulled out a stat that the number of different Seahawks receivers with a catch was equal to the number of total completions by the Eagles...... SNAP!

Tukuafu screen (or leak?)... the play I think a lot of us have been waiting for! Tuk runs to get a block, fake to Marshawn, pass to Tuk on the 3rd and short for a first down

Swarming rush defense, esp on Sproles. The Hawks have his number.

AND love the fact that the Hawks defense twice forced the Eagles offense into a turnover on the first play of a drive. I think it was ET's fumble and Simon's interception. Heartbreaking.

Also I wonder if Simon went up to Marshawn after his INT and said something like "Got it back for ya boss, go kill 'em" because Marshawn in the next drive came out looking to bust some guys up.

So many plays to like about this game! I think I've watched the condensed replay 3x already on NFL Game Rewind.

:D

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
So many to choose for. A couple that are the tops for me are #1, the Pick by Simon immediately after the fumble by Beast. And the TD by Lynch where he stiff arms the guy, scores and quickly turns around and looks at the guy like "you actually think you can tackle ME?"

loved it

olyfan63

Reaction score
HawkWow":2m2ppnio said:
Since I've not seen it posted here...I most appreciated the pick 6 that wasn't.

I'd already seen the scoreboard change before the ball fell harmlessly to earth.

Just when I thought all the big plays were already off the board --you come up with that one. Nice find.
Probably the biggest play of the game, the play that wasn't.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Laloosh":2jmfsu4t said:
Favorite play was Lynch's 21 yard run on 3rd and 15. After that I had no doubt we were winning that game.

Anyone remember the Eagles first play after Ryan's fumble?

McCoy went for like 6 or 7 yards, but found Thomas.

Thomas hits him, pops up, and does that stomping, fist pumping to the ground strut he does.

Thought it was awesome, especially after a 7 yard gain. Thomas and that D were going to hit everything, on each play and let the eagles know about it. even if the play gained 7 yards.

seedhawk

Reaction score
I know it is sorta a mundane play, but the quick in effect bubble to Kearse was a thing of beauty. Not so much the play call itself, but the fine nuance built in. Every team has that play/formation. Not that often do you see a bubble from it however. Usually, Kearse would be 1 of the 2 front guys in that set. Against the Iggles, he was the off the line guy, and our 2 smaller guys did a great job blocking to create the crease Kearse used. Will give other teams fits from now on as they need to recognize the formation, but also just who is where.

byau

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3bo6p48h said:
Laloosh":3bo6p48h said:

Anyone remember the Eagles first play after Ryan's fumble?

McCoy went for like 6 or 7 yards, but found Thomas.

Thomas hits him, pops up, and does that stomping, fist pumping to the ground strut he does.

Thought it was awesome, especially after a 7 yard gain. Thomas and that D were going to hit everything, on each play and let the eagles know about it. even if the play gained 7 yards.

Yes...commitment to the hit and ending the play big-time. Love this. Make the opposing offense no on a little play or a big play no matter what it is our D is looking to take you out.