Zags 2016/2017 Thread

mort

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2eck48k4 said:
I fully expect cable to draft karnowski.

Hahaha it's like you're inside my head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crizilla

Reaction score
Title game is a toss up to me. UNC has the length and experience, great ball movement. Elite offense. Zags match that with their elite defense. UNC moves the ball better offensively. More NBA like, but their defense is ranked 120th or something. I like a high scoring showdown. Zags need their Twin Towers to play well!

Ruminator

Reaction score
Tar Heels seem to be able to make a slew of timely shots when they need them, so as long as Zags can do same (unlike Oregon), minimize turnovers, and keep dominating on defense, they could win it all. Karnowski vs Meeks should be fun to watch.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Congratulations Zags! Incredible win.

That 16-0 run left me bewildered but they didn’t put pressure on themselves-they just dug in, stuck to their gameplan, played tough defense and battled.

UNC will have Meeks inside to power Karnowski but Collins is so smooth and even versatile with his mid-range shots that he could be the difference maker. Should be a very entertaining title game. Go Zags!

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Great game last night! It would have been really cool to have seen Oregon make it (ugh!! To miss by 1 stinking point!) and to have an All Pacific Northwest Title Game ... but at least Gonzaga pulled it out. What a performance! Congratulations to the Zags! It's kind of weird for me seeing the evolution of this team and where they are now. I spent 10 years living in Spokane and remember that program and what it was like back in the Dan Fitzgerald and Dan Monson days. To see them grow from a small, fringe cinderella WCC program who was humbled just to being invited to the NCAA Tournament ... to now a Title Contender?!? It's a real testament to the unbelievable job Mark Few and his coaching staff has done there.

NOW ... Finish it off Zags! Make the Northwest proud and bring home the trophy!

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
A couple of things Zags need to do tomorrow. First, don't get killed on the boards. Gonzaga is really not a bad rebounding team but very inconsistent. When J3 is playing with high energy this team is way better.

Second, stay out of stupid foul trouble. Zach Collins had a great game Saturday but he has had foul trouble just about every tourney game.

If they can keep those two things under control they should be in great shape.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I think NWG is going to have to play the game if his life. What gave the ducks problems wasn't the size of NC's bigs, but the size of their wings. They're long guys who made things rough on Dorsey and Brooks. I don't see anybody from gonzaga who matches up well with Justin Jackson. My prediction is Carolina by about 10. But if Williams Goss has a real good game Gonzaga could be our champions.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
It should be a good game. I will be on UNC ML tomorrow. I don't see them going to back to back championships and losing both.

I think UNC puts Pinson on NWG and contains him. Like J mentioned, I don't see anyone on Gonzaga who can guard Jackson. While the bigs of Gonzaga may match up well with UNC, I think their athleticism will be a problem for Gonzaga. Collins will likely be the key factor for Gonzaga. I think Matthews will have to be hitting his three's for Gonzaga to have a chance. On the other side, Berry will have to play better if UNC wants to win. I've said this all year, but when Jackson and Berry are on, they are basically unbeatable.

HawkGA

Reaction score
How are there three other threads above this one today? Get your priorities right people!

Crizilla

Reaction score
Fix is in. Zags will have to fight that off too.

This is disgusting to watch. SB XL all over again. That's 3 horrendous calls that are so bad there's only one way they are being called. The fix. You don't make it this far in your career as a referee while thinking those are fouls.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
I am a lot more pissed about Karnowski missing 4 point blank shots. Refs suck but they always suck. If Karnowski makes his shots we are up 11.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Refs haven't been the problem -- Agreed about Karnowski. This is just 2 great games battling. C'MON Zags finish this thing!!!

Crizilla

Reaction score
You guys are probably watching the CBS broadcast where they dont call out bad calls or give you good replays

Simply put, youre wrong. Thanks for trying tho. There's refball to the max.

Now its looking like they're desperately trying to even out the game now with more calls. Worst ref'ed title game I've ever seen in the NCAA.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
Crizilla":rbrfefl1 said:
You guys are probably watching the CBS broadcast where they dont call out bad calls or give you good replays

Now its looking like they're desperately trying to even out the game now with more calls. Worst ref'ed title game I've ever seen in the NCAA.

First half was fine, this half is a travesty ref wise.

Crizilla

Reaction score
bevellisthedevil":250x5so6 said:
Crizilla":250x5so6 said:

First half was fine, this half is a travesty ref wise.

You. Are. Wrong. The entire game has been a travesty.

Poor Collins. This is a disgrace.

253hawk

Reaction score
Refs have absolutely destroyed this game in the second half. First half they let 'em play and now it's call every ticky-tack little thing.