Zeke Elliot to be cut

JPatera76

Reaction score
I’d rather have any of the following Lynch, Micheal, Turbine, Carson, Peterson. Lol

jeremiah

Reaction score
The guy is only 27. Might as well be 37. He is washed. This is the sad reality of being an NFL running back.
A RB playing the equivalent of 2 full years packed into one? Of course they will be worn down. You can't have one guy playing 20 games a year counting playoffs. If I were in charge, I would go and get a QB if the right one is available. You just have no chance without a dynamic player at that position. Geno is a fill in, the kind of guy that can keep you respectable. A successful NFL team has to beat a lot of HOF'ers in this age. More than I have ever seen before. There may be 6 guys playing last year, that would match up pretty well with Manning, Elway, Jim Kelly, Rodgers and Favre. To say nothing of Mahomes who matches up with Montana and Young pretty well I would think. Someone is going to be better than Brady I am thinking, and we had better get to finding one of those as long as we have a chance. If this year is no good for that, trade and get in position to do it next year. For me, if they are looking for a young gun outside the draft, take one of the Jets QBs that will be displaced by Rodgers, or go get THE MAN this year. We all know what it is like having a guy who can win games by himself. Geno is not that guy. Get Richardson or wait till next year, but set yourself for the possibility of being in the top 10 at least next year by trading down with a loser team...Houston maybe?

pmedic920

Reaction score
I think he is almost washed now but will be interesting to see what he does next.

Feel like his role became a short range/ red zone back as he declined nd Tony Pollard took his spot.

If the price was super cheap i'd consider him as a backup/change physical alternative to pair with Ken Walker but I can't see him taking a massive pay cut.

Loved him in his prime but I think he is a big example along with Fournette as to why you shouldn't pay a RB big money long term. Both are 27 and feel ancient. Both were used a ton in college as well. Does make me wonder how long Derrick Henry has left in his prime who was also used a lot in college.
I don’t want him but…

There were a lot of people that said Beast Mode was “washed up” before he actually was.

I think that ZE is a good enough athlete/football player that in the right situation for the right price he could be productive/ a decent value.

jeremiah

Reaction score
I don’t want him but…

There were a lot of people that said Beast Mode was “washed up” before he actually was.

I think that ZE is a good enough athlete/football player that in the right situation for the right price he could be productive/ a decent value.
Zeke? He was completely out of shape. Unless the toll of playing at a high level in College, then the long NFL schedule wore him down. He needs to work on his quicks, cut weight, even at the expense of muscle. His game was always being very quick. I would evaluate him carefully if I were JS. He may have a couple of bang up years left.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Zeke? He was completely out of shape. Unless the toll of playing at a high level in College, then the long NFL schedule wore him down. He needs to work on his quicks, cut weight, even at the expense of muscle. His game was always being very quick. I would evaluate him carefully if I were JS. He may have a couple of bang up years left.
Well in light of our draft, I now say….

HARD NO.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Zeke could be a valuable goal line/short yardage back in the right offense. We don't need him, but he's not completely without value,

IndyHawk

Reaction score
He's washed..Got fat of Jerry's easy money.
He hasn't been a full time back for what?3-4 seasons now?
When was doing really good-Dallas had the best OL in football.
So I view that time as overrated.