Zeke Elliott suspended for 6 games.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Looks like it's officially over. I saw on my phone that he's withdrawing his appeal of the suspension and will serve his suspension. This means he'll be has a lot of downtime to either spend getting ready to play us or to get himself in trouble again

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
kidhawk":fi0ajig7 said:
Looks like it's officially over. I saw on my phone that he's withdrawing his appeal of the suspension and will serve his suspension. This means he'll be has a lot of downtime to either spend getting ready to play us or to get himself in trouble again
Makes you wonder if the NFL had MORE evidence he was guilty and threatened to go public with it, if he didn’t throw in the towel. One would think if you were truly innocent, you’d still be fighting to save your reputation.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2q120vfv said:
kidhawk":2q120vfv said:
Makes you wonder if the NFL had MORE evidence he was guilty and threatened to go public with it, if he didn’t throw in the towel. One would think if you were truly innocent, you’d still be fighting to save your reputation.

I think it's more of a publicity issue. He wants it to sound like he is choosing to take the suspension instead of losing the court battle. Although he could have had another hearing in December, he'd have already taken 4 games of his suspension by then, so he really is better off now just to go with it and "drop the appeal" as if it was ever going to get him anywhere.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
kidhawk":28248pdz said:
Sports Hernia":28248pdz said:
kidhawk":28248pdz said:

I think it's more of a publicity issue. He wants it to sound like he is choosing to take the suspension instead of losing the court battle. Although he could have had another hearing in December, he'd have already taken 4 games of his suspension by then, so he really is better off now just to go with it and "drop the appeal" as if it was ever going to get him anywhere.
Plausible, but I think anyone with half a brain that wasn’t a cowboys homer or have him on their fantasy team, knew how this would end as the commish has the power thru the CBA, see the Brady case. The NFLPA knew this, Jerruh knew this, the lawyers knew this.

Maybe I’m off my rocker but I think the NFL had a mystery Trump card to play and that was more evidence against EE, that the cops either didn’t find or was found after they decided not to charge him criminally, or at least more to this than we are being told. There is something missing to the story IMHO.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":23eqgak0 said:
kidhawk":23eqgak0 said:
Sports Hernia":23eqgak0 said:
kidhawk":23eqgak0 said:

Plausible, but I think anyone with half a brain that wasn’t a cowboys homer or have him on their fantasy team, knew how this would end as the commish has the power thru the CBA, see the Brady case. The NFLPA knew this, Jerruh knew this, the lawyers knew this.

Maybe I’m off my rocker but I think the NFL had a mystery Trump card to play and that was more evidence against EE, that the cops either didn’t find or was found after they decided not to charge him criminally, or at least more to this than we are being told. There is something missing to the story IMHO.

Or maybe Jerry talked to him to just serve it so he can focus on trying to out Goodell.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":3mrmgrpi said:
Sports Hernia":3mrmgrpi said:
kidhawk":3mrmgrpi said:
Sports Hernia":3mrmgrpi said:

Or maybe Jerry talked to him to just serve it so he can focus on trying to out Goodell.
Possible, but Jerry would still be going after him regardless.
Like I said I might be off my rocker, but we are not getting the full story IMHO.