*Rumor *USC has apparently fired defensive staff

HawkGA

Reaction score
So, let me see if I get this straight. The promote from within for an interim coach, make him the head coach, then he fires everybody he worked with? Harsh.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
HawkGA":5z8thabm said:
So, let me see if I get this straight. The promote from within for an interim coach, make him the head coach, then he fires everybody he worked with? Harsh.

Helton was a Kiffin hire retained by Sark.. so really Helton had no ties to most of these guys.

So happy he let Wilcox go.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I have a feeling this hire is going to be another great hire for the rest of the PAC 12. Supposedly his first hire is going to be his brother, to be the offensive coordinator. (Was the OC at Western Kentucky, but not their play caller. Is an air raid offense guy... personally I think USC is at their best when they're pounding the rock to set up the pass.) With any luck his dad can be the defensive coordinator.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1yws4r8c said:
I have a feeling this hire is going to be another great hire for the rest of the PAC 12. Supposedly his first hire is going to be his brother, to be the offensive coordinator. (Was the OC at Western Kentucky, but not their play caller. Is an air raid offense guy... personally I think USC is at their best when they're pounding the rock to set up the pass.) With any luck his dad can be the defensive coordinator.

I'm by no means excited about this hire.. but apparently the recruits love him and he disposed of Wilcox so he's at least a 2 out of 10 hire right now.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
What is this about?

[tweet]https://twitter.com/insidetroy/status/673319018552426496[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/TedMillerRK/status/673319107698155520[/tweet]

Does this mean the visiting team's coaches box at Levi's Stadium is not sound proof?

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2r5t7io1 said:

Yeah I can't really see USC as an Air Raid team. They always win big when running pro set. It still baffles me that they didn't try to hire Mark Dantonio.

kearly

Reaction score
When you look at the wikipedia pages of most successful head coaches, they rarely stay in one place very long during their early career assistant coach phase.

Seeing Wilcox hop from team to team makes me think that at least in his own mind, he's an ambitious coach with aspirations for bigger things. So the screams and F bombs make sense. A guy who hustles jobs to climb the ladder like Wilcox would be pretty pissed at the thought of having to take a step or two back. When he jumped ship to USC, he probably expected to get a HC job within two years.