Offense or defense

• 1st pick will be offense

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • 1st pick will be defense

Votes: 21 60.0%

• Total voters

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I have never seen a Seahawks draft where there have been as few holes to fill as this one. In nearly every draft, there are needs and wants that I have opinions on. Add in the lack of a 1st round pick and I have no idea who the Seahawks will pick, let alone position or even side of the ball. So where do you all think the 1st pick used by the Seahawks will go?

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
Defense - but will NOT be DT, nor OLB. The pick will be David Amerson, CB. No need to thank me; just doing my job.

hidn

Reaction score
IMO, we go with the best player left on our board. Which means, even our current front office wouldn't be able to answer this question. It all depends on how other teams draft.

GoHawks

Reaction score
Just to be counter to last yr . . . we take OL and convert to DL - yeah I said it !

kearly

Reaction score
Tough question. I went defense, even though I think DT is the only defensive position that is likely in round 2.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
WR... gives the Hawks options for re-structuring Sidney Rice's contract after this year and also gives them depth for Tate's likely departure after next year.

That, or Breno's replacement. I could get on board with a right tackle.

firebee

Reaction score
We shock the NFL pundits and take Matt Sewell out of McMasters Canada with our first pick. If you haven't checked him out, you have to have a look at him. It's really hard to judge his skill level from gametape because he's playing against way inferior competition up in Canada, but his measurables are absolutely off the chart. I honestly don't think I've ever seen a man as big and athletic as he is. He makes Walter Jones look small and that's not an exaggeration by any stretch of the imagination. I just wish he looked a little lighter on his feet.

sutz

Reaction score
After the recent signings on the DL, I suspect we'll go O first this draft, but mostly because I think the BPA when we pick is more likely to be an offensive guy this draft. I think they realized this when they made those deals.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I'm pretending that some excellent players we thought would not be available are still on the board, great value anyway we go. Whowould make the biggest impact? or do they lookmore towards who we can still get at the position later in the draft.

So if
TE- Ertz/Escobar/Kelce
DT- Short/J.Williams/B.Williams
WR- Hopkins/Woods/Swope
LB- Green/Brown/Moore

Were all available who'd you take?

of the 4 positions I think DT talent might go dry by the end of the 3rd so if we don't get one of those we might be left with some nobodys.

WR seems like the deepest, super hard to pass up Hopkins but if we could get a Da'Rick Rodgers or Stedman Bailey in the 4th I think people would forget real quick.

LB is another one where there seem to be a shortage on tier 2 talent. Once the top 3 LBs go i wonder what that dropoff will be for ht enext guys like Gooden and Porter?