MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT - NEW OWNERSHIP

RockHawk

Reaction score
.NET Family,
I'm extremely pleased to announce that .NET has been sold to a couple of great guys, one of which is a .NET'er since 1998 and throughout the many phases of the site. Jamie (Wenhawk) understands what makes this forum the special place it is, and wants to keep that feeling of community moving forward. I'm extremely excited for he and his business partner Tony (Touchdown) to take the reigns and inject some new ideas and blood into this place we love.

As for Neal & I, I wanted to personally thank you all for an incredible ride over the last 12 years I've owned the site. We've went from around 35K unique visitors per month in 2007 to well over 1/2 a million per month regularly. This is due to all of you, making the site interesting and creating excellent conversations & opinions.

Most of all, I want to give my heartfelt thanks to the following:
1 - All of you who have donated your time or money to help keep the forum up and running for so long. The dozens of moderators, admins, and chat mods who donate their time never get the recognition they deserve, and those of you that donate your money to help cover the costs of our not-for-profit business have made a huge difference in keeping this small business afloat. I sincerely can not thank you enough.

2 - Les (Radish) who will always be remembered for making this forum into more than just a place to talk sports. He made it into a family and community. He'll always be the heart and soul of this place, and he's missed every day.

3 - Neal (Anguish) who stepped up and helped me architect this site into the powerhouse it is now, asking for nothing in return, because of his love for the Hawks and .NET. You probably haven't even noticed just how stable and fast this forum is for the past several years, but for those that remember the days after the Scout.com break, that wasn't always the case. He is the primary reason this site is a success over the past 6 years, and I can not thank my co-owner enough for everything he's done.

So to all of you, thank you from the bottom of my heart for always putting up with my decisions, even when you may not have agreed with them (PWR forum anyone?). We have long-timers come and go, but there are always new fans finding the site and keeping the conversations rolling. I'm also thankful for all of the "real life" friendships I've made through this site, and for any one of you that might be interested, I'm always up for coming to an away game watching party and buying everyone a beer. Just say the word and I'm there.

Neal & I will still be around, of course, and providing whatever help Wenhawk & Touchdown need. Please help me by congratulating them in this endeavor, and again, I thank you for making the last 12 years some of the best I've ever had.

If you're interested in keeping up aside from here, I'm fairly active on Twitter using @Rockhawk so feel free to follow and I'll give you a follow back.

Go Hawks!!!

Mark

Happy

Reaction score
Terrific news.

Congratulations to Wenhawk and Touchdown!

I really miss Radish. I know we all do.

-s

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Congrats Wenhawk and Touchdown. You've got large shoes to fill...I'm sure you will do well with the site. I look forward to seeing .NET continue to thrive.

Thanks RockHawk and Anguish for all your efforts to make this the place for all things Seahawks and more!!!

Go Hawks!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Thank you Mark and Neal for all you've done for the site. I dont think people realize how much time, money, and effort you've put in to keep this place the way it is. Thank you.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
I come here often, even though I don't post as much as many do.

Thank you Mark and Neal, and Wen and Touchdown (past and present/future owners), for making this a place I want to keep returning to for relayed news, dialogue, and fandom. I hope the reality of this place has and continues to outgrow your vision. That would be really fantastic.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well congratulations and thanks you's all around, nice to know that it's being kept in the family.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This warms my heart. Thank you Neal and Mark for your terrific ownership keeping NET thriving through the years. Congratulations to Jamie and Tony! If there's anything I can do to help out in any way please do not hesitate to ask. Go NET! Go Hawks!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Leave faster, plz.

...kidding. In fact, I hope you don't leave at all. Thanks for everything you guys did.

OP
OP
RockHawk

RockHawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":lkyk714b said:
Leave faster, plz.

...kidding. In fact, I hope you don't leave at all. Thanks for everything you guys did.

Of course I'll still be around, though most wouldn't notice it anyways since I've been a lurker for quite some time. But thanks guys.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Seahawks.Net Community,

I would like to start by letting everyone know how excited I am to carry the torch Aros and RockHawk have passed on. I look to continue to make this the best place to talk Seahawks football on the internet. I have some huge shoes to fill… and I am ready. Seahawks.NET has been a passion and obsession to say the least since the beginning of the Holmgren Era. Back in 99 when I was only in High School, I remember a weekend morning while my buddies were sleeping in after a night of partying I got up at the crack of dawn to drive from Wenatchee to Cheney to watch a Training Camp scrimmage. Little did I know that would only be the first of many sacrifices I have made for this team and the beginning of lifelong Seahawks fandom.

Our Co-owner Tony “Touchdown” and I both worked it the same I.T department in Tacoma area where our passion for technology and Seahawks football made for some great conversations. He is well versed in the industry and has built us a data center with incredible speeds and the ability to scale up when the time comes. He will be more focused on the technical piece, while I am more focused on the user community, marketing, and operations.

I have been around long enough to know that change is not easy for everyone. I want to make sure the people here know I have been through our major site changes in the past. I have seen some great people come and go. This will always be an amazing community and always be a great place to talk Seahawks. I hope any future changes that happen while I am steering this boat only make this a more amazing place for us and a place where everyone feels valued and treated fairly. I am always open to listening to any ideas, suggestions, or concerns so don’t hesitate to PM me anytime.

Thank you Mark for allowing me the opportunity and making this such a smooth transition. Also thanks to those who have already provided a warm welcome. I look forward to meeting or chatting with many of you soon.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Wenhawk":1jw2twdr said:
Seahawks.Net Community,

I would like to start by letting everyone know how excited I am to carry the torch Aros and RockHawk have passed on. I look to continue to make this the best place to talk Seahawks football on the internet. I have some huge shoes to fill… and I am ready. Seahawks.NET has been a passion and obsession to say the least since the beginning of the Holmgren Era. Back in 99 when I was only in High School, I remember a weekend morning while my buddies were sleeping in after a night of partying I got up at the crack of dawn to drive from Wenatchee to Cheney to watch a Training Camp scrimmage. Little did I know that would only be the first of many sacrifices I have made for this team and the beginning of lifelong Seahawks fandom.

Our Co-owner Tony “Touchdown” and I both worked it the same I.T department in Tacoma area where our passion for technology and Seahawks football made for some great conversations. He is well versed in the industry and has built us a data center with incredible speeds and the ability to scale up when the time comes. He will be more focused on the technical piece, while I am more focused on the user community, marketing, and operations.

I have been around long enough to know that change is not easy for everyone. I want to make sure the people here know I have been through our major site changes in the past. I have seen some great people come and go. This will always be an amazing community and always be a great place to talk Seahawks. I hope any future changes that happen while I am steering this boat only make this a more amazing place for us and a place where everyone feels valued and treated fairly. I am always open to listening to any ideas, suggestions, or concerns so don’t hesitate to PM me anytime.

Thank you Mark for allowing me the opportunity and making this such a smooth transition. Also thanks to those who have already provided a warm welcome. I look forward to meeting or chatting with many of you soon.

Well said Jamie and it sounds like you and Tony are absolutely perfect to pick up the torch. Looking forward to the next chapter of .NET!

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
The task of "Bearing the Torch" here at .Net is never easy. There are a lot of passionate fans here and it is hard to please everyone. Do you plan to keep it "self-supporting" or to go to advertisements?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
A big thanks to Mark and Neal for keeping this place afloat for so long and all of the hard behind the scenes work that encompassed.

To Wen and Touchdown congrats!

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":3na1l3oo said:
The task of "Bearing the Torch" here at .Net is never easy. There are a lot of passionate fans here and it is hard to please everyone. Do you plan to keep it "self-supporting" or to go to advertisements?
Nothing has been determined at this point. We have some ideas on how to improve things but there will be a cost. I'd say if this season doesnt get the Amazon clicks or Donations to cover costs we need will discuss all our options. We want to keep things going.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk