"Why Richard Sherman can't let go"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seymour

Reaction score
hawknation2017":5ri27z25 said:
Seymour":5ri27z25 said:
Anthony!":5ri27z25 said:
"Sherman appeared on SiriusXM NFL Radio to deny the reports.

"It's just a bunch of nonsense from 'anonymous' sources," Sherman said. "Can never put much gravity of things like that."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2711 ... ell-wilson

Nothing new there. Sherman has denied virtually all negativity brought up against him, even when there is solid proof otherwise.

In other words, he is a proven liar.

IMO, the "lie" was the breaking point that instigated Sherman's self-reflection, the open trade discussion, and Sherman's new determination to help us win by reigning things in. He was exposed by an unforgiving social media landscape in the same way Doug Baldwin was exposed two years ago. Two years later, Baldwin has been nothing but a committed teammate and one of the most efficient players in the league at his position. Since then, Sherman has been basically quiet, returned to voluntary workouts before the draft while trade discussions were ongoing, and is said to be working extremely hard during the workouts.

That is entirely possible I believe also, but I would not put money on it.

The team did send a message with the draft if nothing else though.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Sherm could pee on someone and tell them that it didn't happen, while it was happening. And...that it's their fault......

hawknation2017

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1bygvw1d said:
Sherm could pee on someone and tell them that it didn't happen, while it was happening. And...that it's their fault......

He was put into a corner and basically tried to challenge "what the definition of 'is' is." Hopefully he has learned from it and will fix himself before he tries to fix those around him. This is his great opportunity to once again prove the haters wrong, reign things in when things get tough . . . and ultimately compete at the highest level and protect the team to maximize their opportunity to win.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Good way to look at it hawknation and I hadn't even thought of that angle.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I'm not concerned about Sherman's antics. It shows his passion. If he wasn't passionate about it, that would worry me more. He didn't have to do that in public however. Sometimes things get to a boiling point. That is what seemed to happen.

Hyak

Reaction score
I love Sherman's passion for the game and desire to win. That said, I think Wilson has a similar passion/desire but they are totally different in terms of personalities.

I do think (and the article alluded to this) that Sherman's antics crossed the line last season both with the FO, coaching staff, and in the locker room. It became a side show rehashing the SB ending right as they were fighting for playoff seeding.

I really hope that the focus this year is totally on winning and protecting the team. All 3 units have to be much better than they were last season if they want to go deep in the playoffs.

bandiger

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3jhiob6m said:
Brady Shreds the Defense, clearly it's someone else's fault. :2thumbs:

Lets not forget the offense went 3nout on the first two drives of the 4thQ, if they even got one first down, they might have improved thier chances to seal a victory. Its one of the annoying traits of a Bevell/Cable offense when protecting a lead. Yes the Pats prove themselves to be a tremendous team that shouldn't be taken lightly when trailing in the second half ala Falcons choking :lol:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":27vj04co said:
I don't think that asking for credible, honest, accurate, and agenda free journalism is too much to ask from the local sports media.

While not perfect, John Clayton is the shining example on how sports journalists should do their job. The rube from the Times whom I've never heard of, and Jim Moore are examples of what not do and how to lose any credibility they might have otherwise had.

AVL

Reaction score
I think Richard Sherman and Cam Newton are bipolar and would suck under medication.

I am not a doctor, just crazy.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
If there is any truth to this article then Pete needs to be retired. This would have been dealt with immediately in New England instead of being allowed to fester and ruin subsequent seasons.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2a0mt5j7 said:
If there is any truth to this article then Pete needs to be retired. This would have been dealt with immediately in New England instead of being allowed to fester and ruin subsequent seasons.

New England . . . the team Carroll beat last season. The team Carroll is undefeated against at Gillette Stadium. The team Carroll was extremely close to being 3-0 against with a 2nd-conseuctive Super Bowl championship.

New England . . . the team of rampant rule bending and blatant cheating that Belichick has consistently FAILED to reign in.

If every coach was forced into retirement who failed to match Belichick's winning, there would be no other coaches. Because no active coach has won more than Belichick or Carroll.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
JTB":2fhxjfj6 said:
I do think (and the article alluded to this) that Sherman's antics crossed the line last season both with the FO, coaching staff, and in the locker room. It became a side show rehashing the SB ending right as they were fighting for playoff seeding.

Pete should have dealt with it then and it's on him for allowing the circus. RA Ra Pete won't get this fixed. He has to pick one and ship the other.

mrt144

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2vm19mzw said:

Well that certainly is an opinion.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I think that every time that this discussion comes up, I have three thoughts:

First, that Sherman appreciates how hard it is to win chips even more than the typical Seahawks fan does.

Second, and related, that I'll never again countenance a fan that asks for, or decries an athlete for failing to have, loyalty to their teams and fanbases because that sort of loyalty goes one way as far as the typical Seahawk fan (or sports fan in general) is concerned.

Third, that I separate Pete Carroll pre-SB 48 from Pete Carroll post SB-48. The former demanded results and would fire guys like Jeremy Bates at the drop of a hat if the results weren't there, or cut a player at the drop of a hat if the buy-in wasn't there. Current Pete Carroll doesn't do that. Personally, I would have approved his trading of Sherm for one reason, that reason being that at least it would have shown a glimpse of the guy who would Houshmandzadeh a guy who wasn't all in back when he showed up here. It would have been a terrible move on a number of other counts, but that aspect of such a move would have given me some solace.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
hawknation2017":2v5mnm9j said:
brimsalabim":2v5mnm9j said:

New England . . . the team Carroll beat last season. The team Carroll is undefeated against at Gillette Stadium. The team Carroll was extremely close to being 3-0 against with a 2nd-conseuctive Super Bowl championship.

New England . . . the team of rampant rule bending and blatant cheating that Belichick has consistently FAILED to reign in.

If every coach was forced into retirement who failed to match Belichick's winning, there would be no other coaches. Because no active coach has won more than Belichick or Carroll.
No . Pete needs to let Richard know that Richard is not the boss here .... or else trade Russ and let Richard Sherman be the head coach.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1q7oz50l said:
JTB":1q7oz50l said:

Pete should have dealt with it then and it's on him for allowing the circus. RA Ra Pete won't get this fixed. He has to pick one and ship the other.

Carroll has won playoffs games for five-consecutive years. He has led a defense that has led the NFL in scoring defense for four-consecutive years and was on pace for a 5th-consecutive year at #1 before Earl Thomas was injured.

None of the "drama" that some people love to focus on has had a measurable effect on the field. For example, we had a fist fight in the locker room before Super Bowl XLVIII and still dominated, 43-8. Lynch refused to board a team bus after Percy Harvin was traded in 2014.and we still went to the Super Bowl. That Super Bowl loss in 2014 and the playoff losses in 2015 and 2016 were most readily attributable to injuries.

In the Super Bowl loss, it was injuries across the defense to Sherman, Thomas, Chancellor, Lane, and Avril.

In 2015, it was injuries to multiple offensive players, including Marshawn Lynch, Graham, and Rawls.

And in 2016, it was injuries to both sides of the ball to Wilson, Lockett, Prosise, Sherman, Bennett, and Thomas.

Thomas's injury was the most devastating, IMO, because he is our best player. Do you honestly think New England could have won the Super Bowl without their best player? I don't think so. Belichick went NINE-straight years without a championship.

Enjoy Carroll's coaching of this team for as long as can because great coaches are truly the rarest thing in the sport.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1ci6dmdy said:
hawknation2017":1ci6dmdy said:
brimsalabim":1ci6dmdy said:

No . Pete needs to let Richard know that Richard is not the boss here .... or else trade Russ and let Richard Sherman be the head coach.

You don't think Carroll has done that with his multiple conversations with Sherman, the open trade discussions for Sherman, and Sherman's reported apology to Carroll for not reigning it in?

The biggest problem with this article is the fact that it contains no CURRENT information. No discussion of why Sherman participated in voluntary workouts before the draft. No discussion of Sherman's showing of restraint during the prolonged national trade discussion. No discussion of Sherman's current participation in workouts and standing with the team. Nothing but a dramatic and heavily-slanted rehashing of old news.

Seymour

Reaction score
hawknation2017":kkak1zym said:
.... Do you honestly think New England could have won the Super Bowl without their best player? I don't think so. Belichick went NINE-straight years without a championship.

You mean like they just did last year without Gronk?

Yes, obviously they can.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Seymour":105liyfc said:
hawknation2017":105liyfc said:
.... Do you honestly think New England could have won the Super Bowl without their best player? I don't think so. Belichick went NINE-straight years without a championship.

Yes, obviously they can.

Tom Brady is their best and most impactful player.

And they had Martellus Bennett at TE.

Go fish.

Seymour

Reaction score
hawknation2017":ktslhbju said:
Seymour":ktslhbju said:
hawknation2017":ktslhbju said:

Yes, obviously they can.

Tom Brady is their best and most impactful player.

And they had Martellus Bennett at TE.

Go fish.

Now you play the QB card? LOL. Then Earl is not our best player. Certainly not the highest paid which in theory should lead to your best player.

Status
Not open for further replies.