OP
HawaiiD

HawaiiD

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":32v8wfe8 said:
HawaiiD":32v8wfe8 said:
NFSeahawks628":32v8wfe8 said:
HawaiiD":32v8wfe8 said:
For the second time this season piss poor click management when it mattered 1:49 left. And only to gain 37 yards in 1:42? It took only 49 seconds to score a td earlier.
As for Walsh? how do you leave a 51 yard attempt short when you drilled a 48 harder earlier? That's 2 games already he lost it.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Pete lost the game and the season, not Walsh.
Pete didn't miss the field goal Walsh did.

Pete kept points off the board and wasted time with his poor timeout decisions. Therefore logic states it would have been tied at the end of regulation and we would be in OT.

Sorry your Walsh blame won't work on this one, too many obvious poor decisions by the coaching staff to let them slide.
With Walsh kicking? Your telling me the coaches took points off the board? I'm not betting the house Walsh would have made that fg before the half. Heck even on extra points I feel antsy. Walsh himself has left 12 point now off the board in 2 games we that we have lost by a total of 6 points.

TwilightError

Reaction score
potatohead":3kpj2xey said:
brimsalabim":3kpj2xey said:
I haven’t seen anyone mention of the holding call on that last punt that cost us 25 yards on a fair catch! We actually had a hold on a not return!

What? The ball landed 15 yards in front of Lockett.

The coaches lost the game. Specifically, PC.

That looked so weird. Why did Lockett not go for the ball on such a short punt? Would have given the hawks a great field position.

OP
OP
HawaiiD

HawaiiD

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":1g7v0jb4 said:
HawaiiD":1g7v0jb4 said:
Yes, Pete's fake fg was just plain stupid. I would would speculate that just goes to show you his confidence in his kicker on some level?I mean look... Pete tried to run another play with 7 seconds left with no time outs. Who's to say Walsh would have made it the fg before the half anyways? As for that challenge I agree that was brutal.

That's some chicken shit coaching if that's the case. 7 seconds is not efficent time to do anything at the end of half, it's not even remotely logical to run that play and expect something better. It's unfathomable that it was even called because

It was a 27 yard field goal, I highly doubt that his lack of trust in Walsh played into it, thats not Pete's style.
I'm not arguing it was a stupid call by Pete. In fact that was a horrendous play call as one could make. However, given the circumstances? I'm just trying to put reason why Pete would fake it? Pete said he was simply trying to score. Well, why didn't he let Walsh kick it? Especially, that there was only 7 seconds left in the half plus where the ball was spotted. Given Walsh's struggles recently especially, in the Washington game, I think Pete followed his gut on his one which as we all know the result now.
Walsh had a chance in the end when it really mattered to extend the game. Yes it was a lengthy attempt, however, with Poor play calling coupled with even worst clock management was where the game was lost. We had a chance but did not execute.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
TwilightError":1hgc0bse said:
potatohead":1hgc0bse said:
brimsalabim":1hgc0bse said:
I haven’t seen anyone mention of the holding call on that last punt that cost us 25 yards on a fair catch! We actually had a hold on a not return!

That looked so weird. Why did Lockett not go for the ball on such a short punt? Would have given the hawks a great field position.
We got flagged for holding on the play. We would have had the ball on the forty even with the fair catch if not for another bone head penalty.

OP
OP
HawaiiD

HawaiiD

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":1azxfdw6 said:
HawaiiD":1azxfdw6 said:
Yes, Pete's fake fg was just plain stupid. I would would speculate that just goes to show you his confidence in his kicker on some level?I mean look... Pete tried to run another play with 7 seconds left with no time outs. Who's to say Walsh would have made it the fg before the half anyways? As for that challenge I agree that was brutal.

That's some chicken shit coaching if that's the case. 7 seconds is not efficent time to do anything at the end of half, it's not even remotely logical to run that play and expect something better. It's unfathomable that it was even called because

It was a 27 yard field goal, I highly doubt that his lack of trust in Walsh played into it, thats not Pete's style.
The ball was placed on the 17 yard line which equates to a 34-35 yard attempt. I'm still not sold that woud have been 3 more points for us considering Walsh is our kicker. Also, I really couldn't stand Jeff Fisher and all his successful trick plays against us. And it seems our Coach seems to be mimicking fishers style of play lately which burns me up especially, when it fails.

TwilightError

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1xlykwlk said:
TwilightError":1xlykwlk said:
potatohead":1xlykwlk said:
brimsalabim":1xlykwlk said:

We got flagged for holding on the play. We would have had the ball on the forty even with the fair catch if not for another bone head penalty.

Yeah but it doesn’t answer the question why didn’t he go for the ball?

peppersjap

Reaction score
HawaiiD":11p6swwk said:
NFSeahawks628":11p6swwk said:
HawaiiD":11p6swwk said:
NFSeahawks628":11p6swwk said:
Pete lost the game and the season, not Walsh.
Pete didn't miss the field goal Walsh did.

Pete kept points off the board and wasted time with his poor timeout decisions. Therefore logic states it would have been tied at the end of regulation and we would be in OT.

Sorry your Walsh blame won't work on this one, too many obvious poor decisions by the coaching staff to let them slide.
With Walsh kicking? Your telling me the coaches took points off the board? I'm not betting the house Walsh would have made that fg before the half. Heck even on extra points I feel antsy. Walsh himself has left 12 point now off the board in 2 games we that we have lost by a total of 6 points.

So using your theory of it not being the coaches fault, who exactly has retained Walsh!! That fake field goal call made zero sense!!

Mindsink

Reaction score
HawaiiD":1fcs8ox5 said:

The dude has been money since that Washington debacle. He was 2 for 2 in Arizona, and was 3 for 3 tonight until that last miss. And it came just a couple yards short. At least it was on target.