Walter Football grades the alleged Schottenheimer hire

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Yeah see the thing is... regardless of how you feel about Walter... You can’t dispute the facts that he based his conclusion upon.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2bnqmh7m said:
Yeah see the thing is... regardless of how you feel about Walter... You can’t dispute the facts that he based his conclusion upon.

He offers very little in the way of facts, though. His insights go no further than most of the posters on any fan forum. He google's where Schottenheimers offenses finished in yards, but no context.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
chris98251":2jxswkdv said:
We are well trafficked by media for the pulse of the fan base, look how long we have been here and media outlets have in the past have had live chats or had Q and A things where this sites owners have been asked to pol and get responses.

Aros fought the good fight for many years so not only do the Seahawks know us and look in and see stuff but the NFL as well, they probably still really would like to get this domain name in their books, it is still independent that's due Aros and Rockhawk and now Anguish as well. As well as everyone that donates and contributes their time as members and moderators.

I approve of this message. :2thumbs:

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Aros":310utpae said:
chris98251":310utpae said:
We are well trafficked by media for the pulse of the fan base, look how long we have been here and media outlets have in the past have had live chats or had Q and A things where this sites owners have been asked to pol and get responses.

Aros fought the good fight for many years so not only do the Seahawks know us and look in and see stuff but the NFL as well, they probably still really would like to get this domain name in their books, it is still independent that's due Aros and Rockhawk and now Anguish as well. As well as everyone that donates and contributes their time as members and moderators.

Yessir!! Maybe they'll put Roland or Todd in the booth to announce a game. :snack:

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Ah Walter Football, the poor man's Bleacher Report

Ah, Bleacher Report, the poor man's random fan blog site.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
The "yeah but Pete was a failure before he got here too" argument doesn't really translate.

Sure his success was at a different level, but Pete was king of college football for years. He at least had a track record to point to that gave us hope he had figured this whole coaching thing out.

Schotty has nothing to point to yet. Doesn't mean he's a guaranteed failure of course, maybe he is the most unlucky guy to ever coach..... and or maybe he has magically figured it out.

But if you are optimistic about this potential hire, it is based on pure hope alone and nothing else.

Even though its all we fans got, praying that his whole resume is a fluke seems like whistling past the graveyard to me.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Steve2222":17nfg8e8 said:
scutterhawk":17nfg8e8 said:
Trrrroy":17nfg8e8 said:
I don't like the Schotty hire either, but Walter is a dope. He's an average, overreactive NFL fan that happens to have a well trafficked site.
Probably pissed off because Pete didn't ask for his blathering opinion.
People need to grow the hell up, & STOP with the "Schotty" bullshit grade-school name calling.

lmao how is calling him Schotty name calling?
Because, when it's coming from WF, it's not intended to be a complement. :roll:
AND to be honest, I've read where some of the "Self Proclaimed Experts" in here have already started equating "Shotty" with the word Shoddy, thus, Grade school mentality.
There's not a Man-jack in here that rivals Pete's Football Moxie, but to hear his critics tell it, Brian Schottenheimer (sp.) wasn't one of the sexy names on the .NET's Desire hire list, so Pete Carroll is a fool....They actually BELIEVE that they are one up on Pete Carroll & John Schneider for being in the KNOW. LOL

jeremiah

Reaction score
Seattle should have hired Andy Reid, what the Seahawks need is a philosophy, a consistency, and master play caller. I can think of no better that Reid or Holmgren, and Mike is not coming anywhere near Paul Allens facility as a paid person. Obviously, KC this year, and Philly in the past always came up short. I have always believed that the OC should not be the HC in the modern era. The substitutions, and situations move too fast.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1f73q1yh said:
Steve2222":1f73q1yh said:
scutterhawk":1f73q1yh said:
Trrrroy":1f73q1yh said:
I don't like the Schotty hire either, but Walter is a dope. He's an average, overreactive NFL fan that happens to have a well trafficked site.
People need to grow the hell up, & STOP with the "Schotty" bullshit grade-school name calling.

AND to be honest, I've read where some of the "Self Proclaimed Experts" in here have already started equating "Shotty" with the word Shoddy, thus, Grade school mentality.
There's not a Man-jack in here that rivals Pete's Football Moxie, but to hear his critics tell it, Brian Schottenheimer (sp.) wasn't one of the sexy names on the .NET's Desire hire list, so Pete Carroll is a fool....They actually BELIEVE that they are one up on Pete Carroll & John Schneider for being in the KNOW. LOL

Its less about being an unsexy name, and more about his lack of success in the past.

We've actually come to know Pete fairly well over the years, and this appears as if it could be the hiring of a yes man kind of a thing rather than the best coordinator available. Which would kind of fit with what we have seen at times with Pete.

I think considering his lack of previous success, it is perfectly reasonable to scratch our heads at the decision.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
jeremiah":3b3pwl38 said:
Seattle should have hired Andy Reid, what the Seahawks need is a philosophy, a consistency, and master play caller. I can think of no better that Reid or Holmgren, and Mike is not coming anywhere near Paul Allens facility as a paid person. Obviously, KC this year, and Philly in the past always came up short. I have always believed that the OC should not be the HC in the modern era. The substitutions, and situations move too fast.

Hired Reid for what, head coach? Reid is not going anywhere much less replacing PC. Pete is here for at least another 3 years IMHO.

getnasty

Reaction score
Hawkpower":tiftnfjw said:
scutterhawk":tiftnfjw said:
Steve2222":tiftnfjw said:
scutterhawk":tiftnfjw said:

Its less about being an unsexy name, and more about his lack of success in the past.

We've actually come to know Pete fairly well over the years, and this appears as if it could be the hiring of a yes man kind of a thing rather than the best coordinator available. Which would kind of fit with what we have seen at times with Pete.

I think considering his lack of previous success, it is perfectly reasonable to scratch our heads at the decision.

Well said

Vesuve

Reaction score
GeekHawk":3ss2rgjo said:
Sox-n-Hawks":3ss2rgjo said:
Nobody will ever respect what Seattle does. Most of the people I've met on the east coast think Seattle is a foreign planet.

TBH, we pretty much are.

Afte living and working on the east coast in the past after growing up here, yes, there is a different mentality and sometimes / often geographical arrogance in the northeast.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Vesuve":12glqcyw said:
GeekHawk":12glqcyw said:
Sox-n-Hawks":12glqcyw said:
Nobody will ever respect what Seattle does. Most of the people I've met on the east coast think Seattle is a foreign planet.

TBH, we pretty much are.

Afte living and working on the east coast in the past after growing up here, yes, there is a different mentality and sometimes / often geographical arrogance in the northeast.

It was mind boggling to me how disconnected that region is. If it's south of NYC or east of Ohio, it doesn't exist.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Aros":z2gkw778 said:
chris98251":z2gkw778 said:

Thanks for fighting the good fight!

jeremiah

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":uzqcldya said:
jeremiah":uzqcldya said:

Hired Reid for what, head coach? Reid is not going anywhere much less replacing PC. Pete is here for at least another 3 years IMHO.

The subject was about the Offensive Coordinator, that is what my comment was about. The OC is a very important part of the team, and you need a quick mind who knows his philosophy. I can think of no better QB/OC match than someone steeped in the West Coast offense, and the usage of passing as part of the "running game". Throw more slants, screens etc to open up the deep passing game. Look what Coach Reid did with Alex fergawdsake. Plug RW into that KC team and you have an offense that runs like a machine.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Can we give the OC more than 5 minutes before we start grading his performance? He hasn't even had a chance to do anything here and some are saying he's already a failure, or not good enough. Who the hell knows. Let's let it cook a bit.

DJrmb

Reaction score
I seem to remember everyone nationally talking about how amazing Cable and Bevell were and how they are guru's and candidates for head coaching gigs around the league. I also seem to remember being laughed at for drafting players like Kam Chancellor, Richard Sherman, and Russell Wilson. Lets not forget how "Wrong" we were for hiring Pete Carroll as HC before hiring a GM like traditionally done...

As a matter of fact it seems that whenever the national media all jumps onto something with this team the exact opposite is true.

:stirthepot:

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
DJrmb":1p860kb9 said:
I seem to remember everyone nationally talking about how amazing Cable and Bevell were and how they are guru's and candidates for head coaching gigs around the league. I also seem to remember being laughed at for drafting players like Kam Chancellor, Richard Sherman, and Russell Wilson. Lets not forget how "Wrong" we were for hiring Pete Carroll as HC before hiring a GM like traditionally done...

As a matter of fact it seems that whenever the national media all jumps onto something with this team the exact opposite is true.

:stirthepot:

Heck most of them can't find Seattle on a globe