Still a problem for players

IndyHawk

Reaction score
THE TABS":ep5zm7j6 said:
Seanhawk":ep5zm7j6 said:
But, but, what about the 10 point lead you gave up? That was the question.

Coming into that game, Kam was playing with a torn MCL, Sherm was playing with a hyperextended elbow, and Earl was playing with a torn labrum. In the cases of Sherm and Earl, they were both playing with one arm tied behind their backs. They both missed a lot of tackles that day that they normally wouldn’t have missed.

Also, Jeremy Lane blew out his knee in the first quarter, and Tharold Simon also went down in the third. By the time the fourth quarter came around, our secondary was an absolute mess, and Tom Brady took full advantage. THAT’S why we blew that lead.

As for the interception, there’s this; the way the Pats defense was aligned, RW walks in for a touchdown if we call read option on that play, AND, what hurts the most about that play to this day, NE had two time outs and did not use them, meaning that they were getting ready to CONCEDE THE TOUCHDOWN.

That’s what hurts the most about that day.
Great post and I have been saying this forever.
The Pats got back in only after we had some more game changing injuries(You forgot Avril btw)
The part with RW throwing instead of running it in is my peeve about him in some ways
I keep waiting for him to take control of the play.
He could see that play was not going to work or should have.
You don't throw it unless you are damn sure you got it or toss it to ground
for another play or run it in@least fake it then pass..
MB if he can't get over it then bye bye..

chris98251

Reaction score
Bevell is gone, this is like the ex cheating and then saying it won't happen again, it's always in the back of your mind however and the relationship is never the same, at least now they can move forward.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
I don’t care what anyone says. The only ones who keep this false narrative going are pundits like Screamin’ A and others. It was a good play call that got undone by a better reaction from Butler. If Butler is even an inch late on that, we win. The ball was on target, everything looked fine. Butler made a GREAT play. If we’re gonna nitpick at anything, it’s maybe that Kearse didn’t pull off the rub, and Lockette was too lackadaisical going to the ball as if it was a given

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Scorpion05":2oormag8 said:
I don’t care what anyone says. The only ones who keep this false narrative going are pundits like Screamin’ A and others. It was a good play call that got undone by a better reaction from Butler. If Butler is even an inch late on that, we win. The ball was on target, everything looked fine. Butler made a GREAT play. If we’re gonna nitpick at anything, it’s maybe that Kearse didn’t pull off the rub, and Lockette was too lackadaisical going to the ball as if it was a given

WRONG.
Worst play call since Pickett's charge at Gettysburg.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
It's so weird: until recently, everyone here loved Bennett, now they all want him to go away. I wonder what happened between there. I may have to take a knee and ponder this...

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":e5lgmu1c said:
It's so weird: until recently, everyone here loved Bennett, now they all want him to go away. I wonder what happened between there. I may have to take a knee and ponder this...

Pretty much.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
IndyHawk":fcjq9o7j said:
THE TABS":fcjq9o7j said:
Seanhawk":fcjq9o7j said:
But, but, what about the 10 point lead you gave up? That was the question.

Coming into that game, Kam was playing with a torn MCL, Sherm was playing with a hyperextended elbow, and Earl was playing with a torn labrum. In the cases of Sherm and Earl, they were both playing with one arm tied behind their backs. They both missed a lot of tackles that day that they normally wouldn’t have missed.

Also, Jeremy Lane blew out his knee in the first quarter, and Tharold Simon also went down in the third. By the time the fourth quarter came around, our secondary was an absolute mess, and Tom Brady took full advantage. THAT’S why we blew that lead.

As for the interception, there’s this; the way the Pats defense was aligned, RW walks in for a touchdown if we call read option on that play, AND, what hurts the most about that play to this day, NE had two time outs and did not use them, meaning that they were getting ready to CONCEDE THE TOUCHDOWN.

That’s what hurts the most about that day.
Great post and I have been saying this forever.
The Pats got back in only after we had some more game changing injuries(You forgot Avril btw)
The part with RW throwing instead of running it in is my peeve about him in some ways
I keep waiting for him to take control of the play.
He could see that play was not going to work or should have.
You don't throw it unless you are damn sure you got it or toss it to ground
for another play or run it in@least fake it then pass..
MB if he can't get over it then bye bye..

Should have known it wasn't going to work? Give me a break. It's easy to say when you know the result.

chris98251

Reaction score
Love Bennett, says the stuff everyone else is afraid or to PC to say, we had attitude and swagger prior to that play and lost it except a few individuals that are now considered cancers by many poster here, go back under the covers if you can't handle the other side of the coin, we win your giving them praises for being dominant, now you say they are disruptive.

Yes I do the same thing and they hate it at work and other places, nobody likes their dirt thrown on the floor for everyone to see. Then again I am not looking to get promoted to a position of Kiss Ass either so get away with it also because I am damn good at what I do.

Steve2222

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":2cgw7pv3 said:

Eh there’s more than just a knee. The Vegas thing, jumping offsides 2x a game, being an absolute sore loser in defeat. Add throwing his coaches under the bus just now. Things like this start to wear thin.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
WmHBonney":3ngpera1 said:
Scorpion05":3ngpera1 said:

WRONG.

Cute, but not a valid counter

Most of the criticism of that play is rooted in hindsight. Had Lynch fumbled, or had something gone catastrophic, the criticism would be why did Pete not trust his QB and waste a time out

The criticism is rarely, if ever rooted on actual analysis of the play. Butler made an amazing play that 99% of defenders wouldn't have the instincts to make in that situation

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Scorpion05":5bmhlhws said:
WmHBonney":5bmhlhws said:
Scorpion05":5bmhlhws said:

WRONG.

Most of the criticism of that play is rooted in hindsight. Had Lynch fumbled, or had something gone catastrophic, the criticism would be why did Pete not trust his QB and waste a time out

The criticism is rarely, if ever rooted on actual analysis of the play. Butler made an amazing play that 99% of defenders wouldn't have the instincts to make in that situation

Because Lynch was SO prone to fumble right? I’m not going to waste time running the numbers, but I’d be willing to bet based on pure odds Wilson was more likely to throw an incomplete pass or INT than Lynch fumbling. Great film study by a young DB against a PREDICTABLE playcaller paid dividends.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
These types of comments are so overblown. “Shut up now” about solidifies the close minded sentiment that lets weakness fester.

I’m sure it bothers the players when they think about it, or asked about it. But to encourage the idea it’s damaging the present and future underscores, disrespects the level of competitive ambition, hard work, maturity and professionalism many of these players have. It’s far too convenient a cop out to suggest the teams inability to return to the super bowl is because of that play. The Patriots have lost Super Bowls. They are going back. The Broncos got blown out. Won it 2 years later.

The teams struggles are not because of a play, or a loss, even one that big. It’s a stick small minds or fragile egos use to swing when they can’t move on.

Losses will stick with people. I’m sure Brady remembers losing. It didn’t destroy this team. Injuries, bad management decisions and a lack of adjustment is the issue.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":29lnncp5 said:
Scorpion05":29lnncp5 said:
WmHBonney":29lnncp5 said:
Scorpion05":29lnncp5 said:

WRONG.

Because Lynch was SO prone to fumble right? I’m not going to waste time running the numbers, but I’d be willing to bet based on pure odds Wilson was more likely to throw an incomplete pass or INT than Lynch fumbling. Great film study by a young DB against a PREDICTABLE playcaller paid dividends.

And Wilson was SO prone to throwing Interceptions right?

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":10up2ier said:
Scorpion05":10up2ier said:
WmHBonney":10up2ier said:
Scorpion05":10up2ier said:

WRONG.

Not really. I mean, he did almost lose the ball to the Panthers 2 weeks before that, but we won that game easily. Lynch is no more likey to turn it over than our QB, who's known for 4th Quarter heroics and had only thrown an interception 7 times all year. Pete had gone with Wilson in several goal line or 4th down situations, and succeeded. If you don't have a QB that's done that for you several times, then you end up like the Jaguars and Vikings did today

Lynch was also not known for converting those situations often that year. If Lynch doesn't get it, it's poor clock management. We see teams lose all the time for overly safe playcalling, Pete went for the jugular

NJlargent

Reaction score
Good post by Si.

IMO the difference between us and the other teams that overcame the losses are that we still have the same players as our core and star players and they have brought us down in their sour grapes. But Si nailed it in his last couple of sentences.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
WmHBonney":2tgvi0r4 said:
Scorpion05":2tgvi0r4 said:

WRONG.
+1