11-5 Not A Stretch

SeaWolv

Reaction score
knownone":b20q7faj said:
I am not worried at all about the Chiefs. They can definitely beat us but we know the team will show up. I'm worried about the 49ers and Cardinals, even in our best years we lay an egg in the division once or twice.

I think the Hawks have a real shot at beating the Chiefs. It may not be probable but it is possible. I understand anything can happen in the NFL on "Any given Sunday" but I don't see the Hawks laying a turd in a stretch run before a legit playoff run.

Looking back over the season so far what bad loss have they had? Losing to the Broncos by 3 on the road first game of the season? Losing to the Bears by 7 on the road? Losing to the Bolts by 8 at home? Of those 3 losses the Broncos are the only team with a losing record. Seattle's SOS is ranked #11 overall so far, pretty solid record against that schedule.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/rankin ... h-by-other

Seahawk

Reaction score
10-6, I don't see us beating the Chiefs. We will be tough on them, but it wont be enough.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
People don't see us beating a lot of teams. Chiefs are damn good, but we certainly can beat them. Their D is very suspect, and the Hawks are the best rushing team in football.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
knownone":z58xqvcm said:
I am not worried at all about the Chiefs. They can definitely beat us but we know the team will show up. I'm worried about the 49ers and Cardinals, even in our best years we lay an egg in the division once or twice.

Mullins lit this Defense up 2 weeks ago. I expect SF to come out swinging now that they know they can move the ball against this Defense. Seahawks better be ready because the Niners are going to do everything they can to beat us.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
johnnyfever":efamiwbb said:
These were my predictions copied and pasted from august 30th. I had us at 10-6. I expected the vikings to be better and the broncos to be worse. In reality broncos werent very good, so right there, but we looked bad that first game. Other than that, looks pretty close to our actual season. Only 2 wrong pics out of 13. I do think we can beat the chiefs, so total instead of the 10-6 I predicted, I agree, 11-5 is doable.

Here are the picks from aug 30th:

Week 1 @ Denver- W----L :?
Week 2 @ Chicago- L----L
Week 3 vs Dallas- W----W
Week 4 @ Arizona- W----W
Week 5 vs LA Rams - L----L
Week 6 vs Oakland- W----W
Week 7- bye
Week 8 @ Detroit- W----W
Week 9 vs LA Chargers- L----L
Week 10 @ LA Rams- L----L
Week 11 vs Green Bay - W----W
Week 12 @ Carolina - W----W
Week 13 vs San Fran - W----W
Week 14 vs Minnesota - L----W :?
Week 15 @ San Fran - W
Week 16 vs Kansas City - L
Week 17 vs Arizona - W

I think I had us at an outside possibility of 10-6. Did not think we would beat GB, Carolina or Denver. Did think we would beat CHI. Did not expect us to beat SF twice with Jimmy G and a good defensive front. So i was firmly in the 9-7 camp with 8-8 also very likely and 10-6 remote and 11-5 pretty much out of the question.

TBH, the biggest thing that has helped is that we stayed pretty healthy all year. ET3, Dissly and some issues keeping Fluker healthy. We would have been 11-5 last year if it weren't for major injuries to Kam, Avril, Wagner, Sherm, Carson, Brown, Fant

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
sutz":2at9sz1h said:
I didn't join much in the early season arguments about how good we'd be, and how many games we would win.

One thing I knew, neither Pete nor Wilson like to lose. A fire burns in their bellies, and they are good at getting those around them to share in the confidence and desire that it takes to win games. And that includes not over scrutinizing 'bad' games, nit picking things ad nauseum until it all falls apart. Nope, they look ahead. Sure, they analyze the last game, but they are quick to spot things that were just boneheaded screw-ups and one-offs that not much can be done about. Then they get busy figuring out the best way to coach up the guys who made mistakes and to attack the next team on the schedule.

Did I have my doubts? Sure, and those first two games didn't look too good, for sure. But the fact is, Pete has not had a non-winning season since his second year here, by which time he pretty much had the team he wanted in place. After that, we've been averaging 10 wins/season, especially with Russ at the helm. With 72 wins in 7 seasons, Russ is averaging more than 10 wins a year.

I pretty much always figured they would find a way to win 9 games, and now I'm not surprised that they could easily get to 10-11 wins.

It's what they do.

:229031_shrug:

So on the day that Russ hit 72 wins as a QB he passed for...72 yards? Things that make yo go hmmmmmmmmmm

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Aros":39nz69p8 said:
Who could have ever thought that in September?

While I am not one to seek out cart in front of horses per se but it's hard not to think about the real possibility of winning out. The 49ers could seek revenge and we could legitimately under perform after all these emotional big games we've been winning. The Chiefs are - on paper - our toughest final task. Their offense will give everything our defense can handle at home. Anything short of the performance they had last night and it's an easy L. The Cardinals? Who cares what their record is? Throw it out when it comes to them inexplicably owning us in our own house in recent years, it's creepy.

Yet, something tells me this team has turned a corner. Emotional, mental, spiritual, what-have-you...A corner has been turned. We can win ugly games. We can win convincingly. Hell, we can win when our QB throws for 72 yards all game long with a 30-ish QB rating. Pound the rock, pound the rock, play stingy D...Wear the other team out.

That's winning football.

11-5? Not so laughable anymore.
19 AND 5 NOT A STRETCH, EITHER. WHO THE HELL STOPS US? THE RAMS?

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
jlwaters1":lf9rxp2f said:
Mad Dog":lf9rxp2f said:
Hockey Guy":lf9rxp2f said:
I'm not sure I've mentioned it but, I predicted 11-5 before the season started so.......

Picks or it didn't happen.

Don't see 11-5 in your post history.

Can't see how anyone saw this as an 11-5 schedule. We got a bit lucky with Jimmy G going down early for the year which eased our home stretch. But it was a bear of a schedule with a new DC, OL coach and OC and a loss of a ton of pro bowl talent. We stunk through the whole preseason and first 3 games of the regular season.

You either were a total pollyanna or high.

They weren't pro-Bowl talent last year. People over inflate the play of those who left-- who had clearly dropped off in their play last year before being injured. Bennett was overrated- Clark had more sacks over the last 2 years

You phrase it that way so you don't have to mention that Bennett had 8 sacks, which is still borderline Pro Bowl level. It's also a career high, which speaks to his ability to get to the Pro Bowl without high sack numbers. That's how disruptive he was. It went beyond sack #'s.

Before their injuries, Sherman, Chancellor, and Avril were still absolutely feared by offenses, so their injury is a technicality.

And let's not forget that Earl Thomas guy.

Nah. They were all still Pro Bowl caliber. You don't have to pretend otherwise just because of a prediction.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I said 8-8 this season and that certainly looks wrong going forward. I never thought the Oline would play as well as they are and that was the biggest question mark going in. Well, the proof is in the pudding. Cable was just that bad. Pleasantly surprised this season. Even if we take an early exit in the playoffs i'm ok. I never thought they would make it. Next season wont be as much fun because i'll have actual expectations. :D

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Ok Pitt, don't change a thing, please keep picking against us in the Fearless Prediction Threads. It's only strange if it doesn't work :irishdrinkers:

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Mad Dog":1dy5vear said:
Hockey Guy":1dy5vear said:
I'm not sure I've mentioned it but, I predicted 11-5 before the season started so.......

Picks or it didn't happen.

Don't see 11-5 in your post history.

Can't see how anyone saw this as an 11-5 schedule. We got a bit lucky with Jimmy G going down early for the year which eased our home stretch. But it was a bear of a schedule with a new DC, OL coach and OC and a loss of a ton of pro bowl talent. We stunk through the whole preseason and first 3 games of the regular season.

You either were a total pollyanna or high.

Cool story:

QuickLightning":1dy5vear said:
Avril, Kam, Sherman, Richardson and Benett. That's a lot of really good players to lose from a defense.

The first 3 were missing when we destroyed the eventual SB champion Eagles so I have a lot of optimism for the upcoming season. I like all those players but I can see us overcoming these losses with a few shrewd moves.

I also see no way the offence, & especially the OL, isn't improved & more consistent unless Russell gets hurt. We should have been 11-5 last season with a kicker & is my prediction for this year.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=146704&start=50

I've also never wavered from it:

hawknation2018":1dy5vear said:
No one was predicting 12-4.

I predicted 11-5. We should be 4-2 right now IMO but I still have faith we can reach my preseason prediction.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=149596

I'm already on record for 11-5 & I'm sticking to it. Our defence is just rounding into form & we're dominating the line of scrimmage on both sides so I'm loving it.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=149761

I predicted an 11-5 record before the season started on the premise that there was no way our offence & O-line couldn't possibly be worse & after 2 weeks I was doing the Homer Simpson "d'oh". I thought our defence had a chance to be really good but didn't think they'd be dominant like they have been but never thought they had to be for us to be good.

That being said, I have to agree Solari & Schotty deserve a big shout out for a job well done. :2thumbs:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=149916

I'll stop there.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I'm on this bandwagon! KC is beatable with a good defense. A Ravens team with Lamar Jackson at the helm almost beat them!

A 2nd year QB from Texas Tech probably has no idea what he's coming in to at the Clink. He can throw one of those "No Look Passes" and we'll get it.

And they just might be resting players when they come here.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":17knk7qj said:
Ok Pitt, don't change a thing, please keep picking against us in the Fearless Prediction Threads. It's only strange if it doesn't work :irishdrinkers:

I dont pick against them all the time, but i'll do my best. :D

hawknation2018

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1wn0b298 said:
I said 8-8 this season and that certainly looks wrong going forward. I never thought the Oline would play as well as they are and that was the biggest question mark going in. Well, the proof is in the pudding. Cable was just that bad. Pleasantly surprised this season. Even if we take an early exit in the playoffs i'm ok. I never thought they would make it. Next season wont be as much fun because i'll have actual expectations. :D

Actually, you said 8-8 AT BEST, and that there was no way they would win more than eight games. :p

Seymour

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":va4avoe6 said:
sutz":va4avoe6 said:
I didn't join much in the early season arguments about how good we'd be, and how many games we would win.

One thing I knew, neither Pete nor Wilson like to lose. A fire burns in their bellies, and they are good at getting those around them to share in the confidence and desire that it takes to win games. And that includes not over scrutinizing 'bad' games, nit picking things ad nauseum until it all falls apart. Nope, they look ahead. Sure, they analyze the last game, but they are quick to spot things that were just boneheaded screw-ups and one-offs that not much can be done about. Then they get busy figuring out the best way to coach up the guys who made mistakes and to attack the next team on the schedule.

Did I have my doubts? Sure, and those first two games didn't look too good, for sure. But the fact is, Pete has not had a non-winning season since his second year here, by which time he pretty much had the team he wanted in place. After that, we've been averaging 10 wins/season, especially with Russ at the helm. With 72 wins in 7 seasons, Russ is averaging more than 10 wins a year.

I pretty much always figured they would find a way to win 9 games, and now I'm not surprised that they could easily get to 10-11 wins.

It's what they do.

:229031_shrug:

So on the day that Russ hit 72 wins as a QB he passed for...72 yards? Things that make yo go hmmmmmmmmmm

Don't forget he is 72" tall.......with his cleats on. :lol:

Seymour

Reaction score
I said 8-8 +/- 2 either way....so I'm still in. :2thumbs:

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Seymour":3jhq7sgl said:
I said 8-8 +/- 2 either way....so I'm still in. :2thumbs:

Six wins ... pshhhhhhhhh.

You said a lot of other things too, but I’ll leave it there.

8)