GEEEeeezzz... lose to them?...GB?

Somos doces

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":vbp2iwzc said:
Getting tired of the revisionist history/bovine faeces coming from some of you.

We didn't have a conservative game plan to open against Green Bay. Here's our first series:
1: 11-yard pass to Hollister
2: Lynch for no gain
3: Wilson sacked
4: Wilson incomplete deep left to Metcalf
5: Punt

That's 4 offensive plays - 3 pass and one run.

6: Lynch for 8 yards
7: Lynch for 1 yard
8: Lynch for no gain
9: Punt

Before you start the celebration that you got a conservative series to wave around, let me ask you this: When you have one yard to gain and Marshawn Lynch in the backfield, do you run or pass? If passing is the Worst Play Call In All of NFL History, then you hand it to Lynch, right?

10: Wilson incomplete deep left to Turner
11: Wilson deep left to Lockett for 28 yards
12: Wilson incomplete deep right
13: Lynch for 4
14: Wilson incomplete short left to Hollister
15: Field goal

4 out of 5 plays were passes. Just one run.

16: Lynch for 1 yard
17: Wilson deep left to Lockett for 31
18: Wilson scrambles for 3 (play call was a pass, Wilson had to scramble)
19: Wilson to Metcalf for 13
20: Moore right end for 6
21: Wilson sacked for -4
22: Wilson incomplete short left to Homer
23: Field goal missed

5 out of 7 pass plays. Just two runs, for 10 yards.

24: Wilson to Lockett for 14
25: Wilson to Metcalf for 8
26: Wilson sacked for -2
27: Wilson scrambles for 13
28: Wilson spikes the ball to stop the clock
29: Wilson pass incomplete (Hail Mary)

6 consecutive pass plays to finish out the half.

So far, it's 18-7 pass to run, and some of the runs were situational 2nd-and-2, 3rd-and-1. After this expansive passing offense, letting Wilson loose, what's the score? 21-3 Green Bay.

So spare me the bovine excrement about how we called too conservative a game in the first half. We called pass plays, and we only ran situationally, and the offense didn't get the job done.

Good post. I appreciate when people bring actual stats to the conversation.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Somos doces":drdzi30s said:
There's a major problem with the assertion from his post, and yours backing it: you guys think passing is aggressive and running is conservative, by and large.

Which is, of course, not true...

Jville

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3l11ynrl said:
Somos doces":3l11ynrl said:
There's a major problem with the assertion from his post, and yours backing it: you guys think passing is aggressive and running is conservative, by and large.

Taking exception to a poster's choice of adjectives in no way deflects from the usefulness of actual drive summaries and run/pass counts provided.

Actual content matters ........ especially when it puts a spot light on suspect assertions or inferences.

John63

Reaction score
Jville":26qwpxnm said:
RolandDeschain":26qwpxnm said:
Somos doces":26qwpxnm said:

Taking exception to a poster's choice of adjectives in no way deflects from the usefulness of actual drive summaries and run/pass counts provided.

Actual content matters ........ especially when it puts a spot light on false assertions.

And again it is not about the run pass ratio. Its about the plays and tempo. Let me help you, if we pass 10 times by they are all the same plays and routes, and we run 7 times and again all the same plays and we snap the ball every time with 3 or less seconds not only is that not aggressive it is predictable. While is historically our problem.in the 1st half.

Jville

Reaction score
John63":p88628ti said:
Jville":p88628ti said:
RolandDeschain":p88628ti said:
Somos doces":p88628ti said:

Actual content matters ........ especially when it puts a spot light on false assertions.

And again it is not about the run pass ratio. Its about the plays and tempo. Let me help you, if we pass 10 times by they are all the same plays and routes, and we run 7 times and again all the same plays and we snap the ball every time with 3 or less seconds not only is that not aggressive it is predictable. While is historically our problem.in the 1st half.

Dear John,

I'm seeing duplicates of what must be a favorite reply. I'm beginning to wonder whether your a bot or human.

I'm posting in reference to the actuals quoted within the following ...............
KiwiHawk":p88628ti said:

We didn't have a conservative game plan to open against Green Bay. Here's our first series:

Before you start the celebration that you got a conservative series to wave around, let me ask you this: When you have one yard to gain and Marshawn Lynch in the backfield, do you run or pass? If passing is the Worst Play Call In All of NFL History, then you hand it to Lynch, right?

So far, it's 18-7 pass to run, and some of the runs were situational 2nd-and-2, 3rd-and-1. After this expansive passing offense, letting Wilson loose, what's the score? 21-3 Green Bay.

So spare me the bovine excrement about how we called too conservative a game in the first half. We called pass plays, and we only ran situationally, and the offense didn't get the job done.

John63

Reaction score
Jville":hhg60ing said:
John63":hhg60ing said:
Jville":hhg60ing said:
RolandDeschain":hhg60ing said:

Dear John,

I'm seeing duplicates of what must be a favorite reply. I'm beginning to wonder whether your a bot or human.

I'm posting in reference to the actuals quoted within the following ...............
KiwiHawk":hhg60ing said:

Ahh you are so blissful think what you want in this alternative reality of yours. You can help those who want to be helped and you dont want to be helped to busy being blissful.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":9z0o1at5 said:
Restless":9z0o1at5 said:
HOW DID WE LOSE TO GB....They are terrible!

Copyrighted Image Reuse Prohibited 374305

To me it starts right above..
Nobody besides the Eagles had as many in key spots..
Yet we still almost pulled off another miracle..
No other team could have done as well with less in my mind.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Coaching. Seahawks had the offense to keep pace with the packers but bad coaching cost them that game.

John63

Reaction score
Crizilla":pq4auwxn said:
Coaching. Seahawks had the offense to keep pace with the packers but bad coaching cost them that game.

Exactly specifically in the first half.

xray

Reaction score
A cowardly call to punt the 4th and long ; therefore taking the ball away from Wilson and trusting a porous defense to somehow get the ball back ; which they didn't . These are the situations that a QB like Wilson must be trusted to somehow convert . I think he would of pulled it off . IMO

Tusc2000

Reaction score
The problem wasn't entirely with our offense. We dug a big hole for ourselves when the D let GB put up 28 points early. But the Malik Turner drop changed everything. You could physically see the air come out of the team at that moment, and that's when the game was officially lost.They should have made Malik walk home from Wisconsin.

Ozzy

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":1dngulme said:

People look at conservative as only run vs pass numbers but that's short sighted. It's what Pete pushes on Wilson and all his players early in games that's the cause of the slow starts. Don't take chances, live to see another day, don't turn the ball over etc. It causes Wilson to play somewhat scared/conservative and the offense can't get going. In the second half they often don't have a choice and Wilson takes more chances and unsurprisingly the offense does better. Pete coaches Wilson like he has garoppolo when he should be coaching him like he has Mahomes.

Tical21

Reaction score
austinslater25":24pb5ofc said:
KiwiHawk":24pb5ofc said:

People look at conservative as only run vs pass numbers but that's short sighted. It's what Pete pushes on Wilson and all his players early in games that's the cause of the slow starts. Don't take chances, live to see another day, don't turn the ball over etc. It causes Wilson to play somewhat scared/conservative and the offense can't get going. In the second half they often don't have a choice and Wilson takes more chances and unsurprisingly the offense does better. Pete coaches Wilson like he has garoppolo when he should be coaching him like he has Mahomes.
Yeah, I'm sure that's exactly what happens. Pete goes up to him before every game "hey, if we call a dig route, we get the coverage we anticipated, and it's wide open, don't you dare throw that ball."

Mad Dog

Reaction score
It all came down to superiority in the trenches. SF DL and OL were healthy and far superior to GB. Our OL and DL were depleted and even when healthy more average than strong.

That and home cooking.

Injury luck is still the number one reason teams get to the final game. We were healthy in 2013 playoffs. SF is healthy this year. Rams were healthy last year other than Gurley.

I know football teams are programmed to ignore injuries and think "next man up". But that's just psychological mind games. If you look at the healthiest teams vs the most injured teams, the playoff teams all fit into most healthy (except us, of course).

John63

Reaction score
Tical21":3hsjyr61 said:
austinslater25":3hsjyr61 said:
KiwiHawk":3hsjyr61 said:

Yeah, I'm sure that's exactly what happens. Pete goes up to him before every game "hey, if we call a dig route, we get the coverage we anticipated, and it's wide open, don't you dare throw that ball."

reading its fundamental if its wide open it is not a gamble now, is it? try reading what's written for once.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
getnasty":vwewq4ar said:
KiwiHawk":vwewq4ar said:

You can give these examples and people just come with it should have been up tempo, You need layed routes etc. The difference between us and the Niners is the Niners have a better defense. Don't know why people are even bringing up the offense.

Bingo. Need to upgrade the D, I'd say DLINE for starts and a cornerback (fingers crossed Flowers has a 3rd year leap like Griffith). More Blair in the mix as well.

New D coordinator please.

Largent80

Reaction score
A new D coordinator isn't happnin and it shouldn't when you have only one DE that can rush.

We were a one trick pony and our pony was even injured. Time to completely rebuild the D-Line, it's so obvious Geico won't even make a commercial for it.

Tical21

Reaction score
John63":3upb60a4 said:
Tical21":3upb60a4 said:
austinslater25":3upb60a4 said:
KiwiHawk":3upb60a4 said:

reading its fundamental if its wide open it is not a gamble now, is it? try reading what's written for once.
then why doesn't he throw it?

John63

Reaction score
Tical21":2c0g1osp said:
John63":2c0g1osp said:
Tical21":2c0g1osp said:
austinslater25":2c0g1osp said:

then why doesn't he throw it?

Well lets see, oh wait you did not prove that it was there, wide open, and the right down and distance, and he did not throw it, and he has never thrown it. So prove it.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Had we been close to full health we would have embarrassed them on their turf. Good thing we had one hand tied behind our backs so they could advance to get their @sses handed to them in Santa Clara.

Latest posts