KPL is the next Kam Chancellor

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
Everytime I watch this guy play, he seems to be in the middle of everything and there is a seemingly tangible energy that jumps off the screen. I vividly remember having the same thoughts about Kam during his rookie year when he was getting part time action and really was chomping at the bit to see him in a full time role.

I have no doubts that we see KPL become a staple of this Defense/Team in Year 2 and going forward. He really is a bright dude and seems exactly like the type of guy that is a glue of a team. Add into that, his insane athleticism that clearly shows up on the field, and I think we are looking at the next mid-round defensive stud that becomes a core element of this team moving forward. Extremely excited about this guy.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
He's a linebacker...? You mean next Bobby Wagner?

But yes I really like KPL. His style of play is just what the defense needs.

WendellWent

Reaction score
I think he just means the next emerging star? You could see Kam's trajectory leading up to him being a starter, and the OP is implying the same is true of KPL.

Chawks1

Reaction score
I sure am impressed with KPL with his limited number of snaps. I wasn't much of a believer after the draft as I didn't see much on the tape. But I sure like his upside now. Means KJ Wright re-signing not a priority next year.

olyfan63

Reaction score
KPL was making key plays all over the field Sunday.
Total keeper.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":3eujye4h said:

OP explained his point pretty well...doesn't have to be the same position. He could've also said Sherman because I knew when he got some action he was going to be a special player (patting myself on back)

scutterhawk

Reaction score
-The Glove-":38ivh82y said:
dumbrabbit":38ivh82y said:

OP explained his point pretty well...doesn't have to be the same position. He could've also said Sherman because I knew when he got some action he was going to be a special player (patting myself on back)
ALL that, AND, he's really fast.
If opposing teams are going to exploit him, they'd best get with it, because he's going to be a holy terror here shortly. :twisted:

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":acpr5rbr said:
-The Glove-":acpr5rbr said:
dumbrabbit":acpr5rbr said:

ALL that, AND, he's really fast.
If opposing teams are going to exploit him, they'd best get with it, because he's going to be a holy terror here shortly. :twisted:

"Speed" it's the one thing you can't teach. It's the element that tips the game (pretty much any game) in your favor. You see it and recognize it from 6 or 7 year olds playing football, baseball, basketball, soccer, whatever on up through Jr. High, High School, etc. It's been pretty obvious PC and JS have that attribute as the first check box on their player evaluation form... and I agree.

edogg23

Reaction score
KPL was making Malcom Smith and KJ Right look like they had cement in their cleats in the Carolina game. His speed was on another level. Very excited for him to get experience and get out there more so Bruce can play more DE. I also would love to see the Seahawks send KPL on some blitzes. So far love what I am seeing from him. Just another great linebacker draft pick by the Seahawks.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Yeah he has some real speed. It was a shame he couldn't hold onto what would've been
a Pick 6 against Oakland last week. He has the athleticism and smarts to play in this game,
hopefully for our team for a long time