We sure are having a great year! 5-3!!!

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I'm feeling so good about this team. We have a winning record, and have been in every game we've lost. We're battling through injuries just the way a team is supposed to. I think we're witnessing a top-5 Seahawk team of all time this year. I'm totally stoked and can't wait for the rest of the year to unfold!

OP
OP
fenderbender123

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Well I'm not being sarcastic. I really do feel good about this team. We have a great RB, franchise QB, wonderful head coach, and a strong defense. We have a winning record and have not been blown out in years. I feel better about this team, this year, then I did with every single Seahawks team under Holmgren and Erickson.

Perhaps I'm being just a LITTLE over the top with my enthusiasm...but that's just to balance out the people who are over the top with their criticism :)

HawkFan72

Reaction score
We really have been spoiled. We are down because the Seahawks haven't played up to their potential and have looked downright bad at times. But the fact remains that this team has a lot of talent and a winning record. We've had it much worse in this team's history.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
I'm re-realizing that I need to become a fan of these close, hard-fought, overcoming injuries, overcoming penalties type of nail-biting games.

I first figured that out about halfway through the 2012 season, then re-remembered about halfway through last season. Here we are again at the halfway point, and if I'm going to enjoy game days, I have to accept how this team gets things done once again. This isn't a bad thing.

Looking back...

In 2012, after starting 4-4 (all but one being very tight games) we went 7-1, including 4 blowout victories.
In 2013, we started 8-1 (and all but one were close) we finished 5-2, with all 5 as blowout victories.
In 2014, we start 5-3 (all but one were close). The rest? We'll find out, but there is plenty of reason to be optimistic. Overly so, even.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Only reason I can't get too optimistic is that the Cardinals are really good, and we have so many injury issues. That combination in itself could force us to have to go in as the 5 or 6 seed at best, with a beat up team if we can't get healthy.

That being said, one game at a time. The next 3 weeks will be telling. If we can take care of business as we should and beat the Giants at home, then go on the road and pull one out against KC (Won't be easy), and then come back home and beat the cardinals and along the way get healthier, then I'll be as enthusiastic as the OP. This is an achievable scenario but I wouldn't say it's likely; more likely is a 2-1 or 1-2 record in that span. If it's the later, and we are 6-5 after the next 3 weeks, we're going to have a really hard time sneaking into the playoffs.

sc85sis

Reaction score
As Pete said yesterday, "Suck it up." We unfortunately just don't have any other choice. Gotta hope the team can pull out the ugly wins while getting healthy, and then make a good run with our starters at the end of the season and into the playoffs.

12thManNorth

Reaction score
There will come a day soon enough when we'll all look back at the days we were pissed off after a win and wonder WTF were we thinking ??

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
No reason not to be optimistic. Looking at our losses:

Dallas: our idiot wide receiver refuses to play, had we had just average offense against a very mediocre defense we win the game.

St. Louis: We were tricked out of victory, we almost double their yardage.

San Diego: We melted in the sun.

We have had a slew of injuries and haven't had any continuity. Our defense looks to be back and we are getting even more reinforcements.

Our offense did Ok in the first half even with a backup center and left tackle. Things fell apart when Carpenter went out. We really haven't been out classed in any game this year. Cardinals, Broncos, Patriots and Dallas have all been blown out. I love this kid Norwood and I think with Richardson and Wilson getting on the same page, the future looks pretty bright.

I personally think Kearse's days are numbered.

sturg78

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2xiu4exe said:
Only reason I can't get too optimistic is that the Cardinals are really good, and we have so many injury issues. That combination in itself could force us to have to go in as the 5 or 6 seed at best, with a beat up team if we can't get healthy.

That being said, one game at a time. The next 3 weeks will be telling. If we can take care of business as we should and beat the Giants at home, then go on the road and pull one out against KC (Won't be easy), and then come back home and beat the cardinals and along the way get healthier, then I'll be as enthusiastic as the OP. This is an achievable scenario but I wouldn't say it's likely; more likely is a 2-1 or 1-2 record in that span. If it's the later, and we are 6-5 after the next 3 weeks, we're going to have a really hard time sneaking into the playoffs.
We were better then the cards week one with a our guys. Look what can happen in a few weeks. Cards are probably on borrowed time hoping Palmer will stay healthy, but even if he does stay healthy I think that we beat them if our team is even 75% healthy at key positions. Not a knock on them, and it will be close and hard fought, but that is how high I still view this team.

A few wins till we get our swagger back, a few more before we hopefully get all of our guys back, then a few more for the chance at a repeat. Go Hawks!

Steve2222

Reaction score
ITT Seattle has only been beat by themselves this year.

San Diego: We made Phillip Rivers look like God and Antonio Gates corpse arose from the dead

Dallas: if it wasn't for three self inflicted turnovers by the Cowboys, we would have been blown out. Haven't seen a team come into Seattle and bully us that bad since the Mora days.

St. Louis: undiscipline, unfocused football.

Look I'm happy with get record myself, but I'm going to call a spade a spade. This is a 9 win team who is going to need luck getting into playoffs.

Sure it could always be worse, but 2014 will go down as a year where the ball just didn't bounce our way. This team still has a bright future and will be back.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Steve2222":ghblxlg2 said:
Look I'm happy with get record myself, but I'm going to call a spade a spade. This is a 9 win team who is going to need luck getting into playoffs.

Sure it could always be worse, but 2014 will go down as a year where the ball just didn't bounce our way. This team still has a bright future and will be back.
I totally understand why you feel this way. And I completely disagree. You're right about the ball not bouncing our way. So far. Statistically, that's going to even out. We just saw the turnaround against Oakland.

I think we're going to see the more hard-hitting, ball-hawking defense we're used to with a healthy Lane, Kam, and Hill, as well as depth guys like Jeron. With the eventual additions of Maxwell and Wagner, we should hit full-steam right in time to pummel our divisional foes. That's gonna be fun.

Plus, the guys who stepped up and got valuable reps while squeaking us through these tense games will be resting up, prepping, and learning from their experiences. Coyle, Burley, Shead, and Pierre-Lewis will be good to go if they are needed in a crucial moment.

This season is so alive. It's just getting really interesting. The team isn't going to align all at once, but it's about to start kicking ass. Enjoy the show.

:snack:

kobebryant

Reaction score
#2 Rushing O.
#11 PPG O.

#4 Total D.
#4 Rushing D.
#6 Passing D.

All of this while playing a pretty darn tough schedule. Obviously this team has a very high standard, and losses suck any time. But this is a good squad battling through an unfortunate amount of energy.

What the Hawks do well: run the ball, stop the run and limit turnovers is what wins come Winter.

sturg78

Reaction score
kobebryant":2z0b9xmr said:
What the Hawks do well: run the ball, stop the run and limit turnovers is what wins come Winter.
Espn winter 02 905

olyfan63

Reaction score
Steve2222":1kymk01h said:
ITT Seattle has only been beat by themselves this year.

San Diego: We made Phillip Rivers look like God and Antonio Gates corpse arose from the dead

Dallas: if it wasn't for three self inflicted turnovers by the Cowboys, we would have been blown out. Haven't seen a team come into Seattle and bully us that bad since the Mora days.

St. Louis: undiscipline, unfocused football.

Adding a signature...

Steve2222 wrote: "I'm going to call a spade a spade. This is a 9 win team who is going to need luck getting into playoffs."

If it comes to pass, 9 or less, I prefer slow-cooked crow. 10 is a push. 11 and up, you get to choose the kind of barbecue sauce you want with the bird.

olyfan63

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":2z0hxfg1 said:
Steve2222":2z0hxfg1 said:

I totally understand why you feel this way. And I completely disagree. You're right about the ball not bouncing our way. So far. Statistically, that's going to even out. We just saw the turnaround against Oakland.

I think we're going to see the more hard-hitting, ball-hawking defense we're used to with a healthy Lane, Kam, and Hill, as well as depth guys like Jeron. With the eventual additions of Maxwell and Wagner, we should hit full-steam right in time to pummel our divisional foes. That's gonna be fun.

Plus, the guys who stepped up and got valuable reps while squeaking us through these tense games will be resting up, prepping, and learning from their experiences. Coyle, Burley, Shead, and Pierre-Lewis will be good to go if they are needed in a crucial moment.

This season is so alive. It's just getting really interesting. The team isn't going to align all at once, but it's about to start kicking ass. Enjoy the show.

HawkAroundTheClock for .NET Psychic of the Year!

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":2cyrxdtu said:
Steve2222":2cyrxdtu said:

Props, HawkAroundTheClock! You called it and hit bullseye!

sutz

Reaction score
Kind of fun to look back at some of the doom and gloom posts from self-styled "realists" that appaerntly don't understand Seahawk football. Just like in a single game, the season plays out as a tight contest for the first half, open it up in the 3rd quarter and rip through in the 4th quarter for the beat down. Right now and going forward, I feel pretty comfortable with this team if they are at .500 as late as Nov 1st.

:)

captSE

Reaction score
From November 3rd..

fenderbender123":3rvpz4is said:
I'm feeling so good about this team. We have a winning record, and have been in every game we've lost. We're battling through injuries just the way a team is supposed to. I think we're witnessing a top-5 Seahawk team of all time this year. I'm totally stoked and can't wait for the rest of the year to unfold!

Post of the year!! :thirishdrinkers:

OP
OP
fenderbender123

fenderbender123

Reaction score
LOL thanks for the bump on this topic. I had a feeling that we would continue our trend of playing much better football in the second part of the season....

Also, if anyone wants to dig up another thread predicting the final season record around the same time, you'll see that I guessed 11-5 which is going to be much closer than almost anyone else guessed....not to brag or anything. No no...I definitely meant to brag. But ya know...a stopped watch and all that.