Burley vs Lane

King Dog

Reaction score
Most of the time I'm watching Hawks games on youtube video sized screens and don't have the all 22 or anything like that. Based on what you've seen, who's the better slot corner?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Lane, but having Burley is nice. Both need to be active and playing on ST.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Lane at this point. Lane has been a Seahawk for longer time thus knowledge of the plays, scheme is better. Burley has been a Seahawk for 8 games. He's doing a good job but Lane has more experience.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Burley has been pretty damn solid, especially given the fact he started playing the game immediately after his arrival. I think he will be platooning with Lane upon his return as Burley's proven himself worthy of getting on the field during a game.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Pete spoke on this a little today, not to say who is better, but to say that he was impressed with what Burley has done so far. It sounds like they plan to work both of them into the game plan. This will give Lane a chance to knock off some of the rust he may have after missing so many games.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I've been a Lane guy since he got here. Burley has played well though. With Simon playing pretty good, once Maxwell is back, this defense should pick up.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
For me there really isn't much of a different between the two. Lane is lengthier, faster while Burley is stouter, stronger near the LOS. Other than that both have similar skill sets and can be interchangeable for the most part save that Lane has more experience in the system but Burley is primed and oiled and playing above expectations (compared to Lane who has to work his way back into peak performance).

Hawksfanatik

Reaction score
I like what I have seen from Lane when he plays. Smallish, but plays sound and is normally around the ball.

Burley hasn't been terrible but I haven't been impressed with him either.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Burley has filled in nicely. Since Lane hasn't played i think it's safe to say Burley is "better" right now.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Getting Lane, Maxwell, Johnson, et al back in the secondary will also help improve the pass rush up front. Coverage sacks will be back. Thinking about this is getting me pumped and jacked.

chris98251

Reaction score
I think special teams is going to be where we see the biggest gain, getting some of our speed guys, protection guys back in their normal positions. Defense will step up a notch as well don't get me wrong. But our defense has not been the open sore recently.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Lane is a better CB right now.

Burley is better in his first year with us than Lane is, so at this point of his career, he's farther along than Lane.

Lane is far better on ST.

I see both splitting time when Lane comes back, both to get Lane back in game shape, and to ease him back into the lineup. Lane will also be seeing ST snaps, so Burley will offset some of his snap count.

Funny, but we were so hurting a week or two ago in the secondary, and we're getting 2 guys back that make us the deepest team in the league again (in the secondary).

chris98251

Reaction score
There are a lot of teams hoping when we get guys back that we cut loose someone.

CalboHawk

Reaction score
Simon has looked pretty good so far. What about Sherman and Simon on the outside and Maxwell as the nickleback?