Lynch talks to Michael Silver post Chiefs game

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I love Marshawn so much. Reading his words makes me despise the gossipy media and reactionary, irrational fans.

OP
OP
razgriz737

razgriz737

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":2zq2da0o said:
I love Marshawn so much. Reading his words makes me despise the gossipy media and reactionary, irrational fans.
+1. Has to be one of my all time favorite players.

drdiags

Reaction score
He has a point about the FO leaks. Unless Rappoport is making this stuff up, I don't understand the timing or the rational for letting this type of information out. His disagreement with Carroll because of the holdout fallout and other comments makes it a near wrap that IMO he is gone. Too bad. But sounds like he isn't going to sulk, just not be the most all-in persona.

Too bad that Superbowl hang-over stuff couldn't be overcome by this team. Was hoping they were special enough to be above it, just like any fan of any other team hopes. Reality is, they are just human with their own egos and problems like anyone else.

We will always have Paris ...

xgeoff

Reaction score
Is it really that hard for for Schneider or Carroll to take 5 mins of Lynch's time to have a conversation to say "Hey, I don't know where these rumors are coming from. We love having you as part of the team and have no plans to let you go."

I mean, I'm not the most communicative person in the world, but that does not seem too difficult.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Good words:

When asked if the Seahawks were a "championship team," Lynch became animated.

"Is this a championship team? Yeah, yeah, we've got the heart of a champion," he said. "When you've got players like Richard Sherman, Earl Thomas, Kam Chancellor -- you're about to make me name the whole damn roster -- aand there's some young guys whose names a lot of people don't know who bring a lot of fight. I always look at the best of our team. So ... hell yeah. I would have to be a fool to say no."

MB12

Reaction score
Here is a theory: the Pete-Lynch relationship has deteriorated so much that it is having an adverse affect on the locker room and also on Pete himself.

Just a theory, that article makes it sounds like Pete and Beast don't even talk

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Lynch said all the right things in this interview. We're very lucky to have him on this team.

MB12

Reaction score
P.S. If Beast isn't resigned I will be heartbroken

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
If I woke up tomorrow and the news was that we'd given him a 3 year extension I'd be happy beyond words.

MB12

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1wfpx4fu said:
If I woke up tomorrow and the news was that we'd given him a 3 year extension I'd be happy beyond words.
:13:

OP
OP
razgriz737

razgriz737

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":3jffp90b said:
razgriz737":3jffp90b said:
MB12":3jffp90b said:
P.S. If Beast isn't resigned I will be heartbroken
Ditto.

He's under contract for next year. You want him extended past 2015?
Someone else here said it before me, but if there's one player I want to keep too long, it's him. I don't expect everyone to agree with me on that.

edit: why are these posts out of order?

edit edit: it appears twisted and Zeb are posting from the future

brimsalabim

Reaction score
drdiags":sojsv5en said:
He has a point about the FO leaks. Unless Rappoport is making this stuff up, I don't understand the timing or the rational for letting this type of information out. His disagreement with Carroll because of the holdout fallout and other comments makes it a near wrap that IMO he is gone. Too bad. But sounds like he isn't going to sulk, just not be the most all-in persona.

Too bad that Superbowl hang-over stuff couldn't be overcome by this team. Was hoping they were special enough to be above it, just like any fan of any other team hopes. Reality is, they are just human with their own egos and problems like anyone else.

We will always have Paris ...
Yes. Well said.

CharlesinCharge25

Reaction score
As an outsider, what's up with all the locker room talk? Why is Lynch gone after this year? He's the energizer bunny for yall in my opinion.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
xgeoff":36q6sart said:
Is it really that hard for for Schneider or Carroll to take 5 mins of Lynch's time to have a conversation to say "Hey, I don't know where these rumors are coming from. We love having you as part of the team and have no plans to let you go."

I mean, I'm not the most communicative person in the world, but that does not seem too difficult.

If none of this stuff is coming from the FO why would they need to talk to Lynch about it? The media has been dead wrong before on numerous areas surrounding the team, I suspect they are trying to find a story here and the typically inscrutable FO is remaining typically silent.

If Lynch is bothered by the media feeding frenzy that appears to be w/o a real source he should talk to the team. This FO has a good history of dealing fairly with their players.