Seattle Seahawks Sign Falcons PS DT Travian Robertson

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Usa today 59164980

After adding an obscene amount of defensive tackles in the offseason, the Falcons were forced to push guys like Travian Robertson down to the practice squad. Another team has pounced on our behemoth defensive tackle and signed him to their active roster.

During the offseason, Travian Robertson was looking like he might have a shot at some real playing time. The third-year pro became a player fans were expecting to see a lot of. Remember this?

The 6-foot-4, 304-pound defensive tackle got only Antone-esque snaps in his first two seasons, before ending up on the team's 2014 practice squad.

http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2014/11/17 ... -robertson

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I'm liking the reaction of the falcons fan base. They seem genuinely bummed that we got him and believe that he'll do well here.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
He must be really good not cracking into the amazing Falcons 53 man roster or defensive rotation.. :sarcasm_on:

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I like that they considered him the strongest player on the team. We need an anchor and it looks like we might have found one. Really hope this ends up being a genius Schneider move.

Jville

Reaction score
College highlights >>>> [youtube]2zVDoL6wys4[/youtube][youtube]2SkM6mMnII4[/youtube]
Looks like he would make a pretty good bull wrestler in the following video >>> [youtube]r6HQW--L0b0[/youtube]

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I don't know, man....from his college tapes alone I think you can plug him in at 1 tech and he'd do better than the terrible display that Williams put up at that position, which admittedly is absolutely not what Williams is constructed for. Williams plays far too high to play in there. Not unlike Red except that Williams spends a lot of time on the ground where as Red didn't.

Not a lot of athletic ability there, but strong as an ox at the POA. You see him take on double teams and make the tackle to boot. Call me crazy, but I like this one to start playing within a couple weeks if possible in a rotation with Hill.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
The falcons are one of the softest teams in the NFL. This is what we have been reduced to?

Jville

Reaction score
vin.couve12":nwwqkeqc said:
I don't know, man....from his college tapes alone I think you can plug him in at 1 tech and he'd do better than the terrible display that Williams put up at that position, which admittedly is absolutely not what Williams is constructed for. Williams plays far too high to play in there. Not unlike Red except that Williams spends a lot of time on the ground where as Red didn't.

Not a lot of athletic ability there, but strong as an ox at the POA. You see him take on double teams and make the tackle to boot. Call me crazy, but I like this one to start playing within a couple weeks if possible in a rotation with Hill.

I suspect Robertson is in shape, has a little seasoning and is probably much farther along than Jimmy Staten.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
marko358":r070y9gz said:
It's too bad we couldn't get Tyroil Smoochie-Wallace

Untitled

psshh...nothing compared to X-Wing @Aliciousness.

or of course my all time favorite

EEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEE

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Jville":1ixxik56 said:
vin.couve12":1ixxik56 said:

I suspect Robertson is in shape, has a little seasoning and is probably much farther along than Jimmy Staten.
Staten, to my eye, needs an enormous amount of work. Like the size of Mt. St. Helens amount of work. He has some ability there, but has absolutely no idea how to use his hands and can't keep his butt down to use any measure of leg drive. Pretty decent measurables combine wise, but a train wreck of an actual football player. He represented what I thought was the worst pick since Carroll and Schneider got here. Especially when I knew that Jesse Williams tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny legs wouldn't hold up and despite his benching 700 pounds Jesse can't hold the POA playing down low. 3 tech and 5 tech, sure maybe he can play that. Then there was Hill who I didn't know what to think of given his little playing time. Scruggs I like a lot and plays well when actually on the field, but he can't stay there. We had questions at DT going into this season outside of our starters, 34 year old Williams being one of them, and we get Staten as a draft pick? Staten? Really? Watching his college tapes I have no idea what they saw even now. Even with the blue and green glasses. I just don't know wth they were doing there.

I like this pickup though. Going into this season, losing Bane was one of my biggest fears because we have no one who can sufficiently play that position taking on constant double teams. Sure enough it came true, damnit. Now this is what it looks like without him. This new kid isn't an accelerator by any means in terms of getting into the backfield, but he's violent in holding his ground. The Falcons considered him to be the strongest on the team. We need some of that right about now.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
He's a big guy for sure. I hope he can help. However, I'm cautiously optimisitc....there's a reason he was on the Falcon PS and not 53 man roster. If he was making a big impact, they wouldn't leave him there to be plucked.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
HawkNuts":1hhwo5so said:
The falcons are one of the softest teams in the NFL. This is what we have been reduced to?

Kind of flawed logic.

Marshawn Lynch was a bust in Buffalo once upon a time.

Brandon Browner wasn't even in the league

And on. And on. Just because a player doesn't pan out somewhere, doesn't mean they can't bring something to the table.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
I'm all for this. It's a week late, IMO, but better late than never. I hope he pans out!

drdiags

Reaction score
So who gets the boot? Dobbs or ??? And if they have to sign a Center to replace Unger but not put him on the IR, does Walters get the heave-ho or do they cut Bradford? Something tells me Bradford and Dobbs are out, if Wagner can make it back this week.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ROBERTSON_9TWO/status/534544631242194944[/tweet]