Carroll: We'd love to have Marshawn Lynch back in 2015.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Looks like Pete has finally had enough of the speculation and is getting out in front of the story.

From a one-on-one interview with USA Today:

Moreover, Carroll denied any front-office rift exists with the enigmatic running back that has ignited speculation the Seahawks will move on from the 28-year-old Lynch following this season.

"Somebody just started talking about that — he's under contract next year, we'd love to have him back," Carroll told USA TODAY Sports after Thursday's practice. "There's no hesitation in us saying that and there never has been.

[. . . .]

Carroll said there has been no talk of a pending separation from inside Seahawks headquarters.

"That's not coming from here. That hasn't come from here at all," Carroll said. "It's been coming from somewhere else. We would love to have him come back."

Link: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf ... /70033372/

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Yeah we'd love to have him back....for about three fiddy...

Pak40.

Reaction score
Yeah, head coaches have never been known to not tell the whole story.

kearly

Reaction score
The silence from PC/JS on this topic had been deafening, so this is a relief to hear. Now if only Lynch's back can hold up. Fingers crossed.

firebee

Reaction score
We need to get Lynch a frontloaded 3 year extension and give Wilson a backloaded 6 or 7 year contract.
I realize he's starting to enter the twilight years of a running back's career, but his actions speak louder than words. He is the player he is, regardless of how much he gets paid or what kind of offense you put him in. A banged up Lynch in the twilight of his career is still better than 90% of the backs in the league. As far as I'm concerned, he's a 1st ballot hall of famer and he needs to retire as a Seahawk.

kf3339

Reaction score
DavidSeven":7jdnfg56 said:
Looks like Pete has finally had enough of the speculation and is getting out in front of the story.

Moreover, Carroll denied any front-office rift exists with the enigmatic running back that has ignited speculation the Seahawks will move on from the 28-year-old Lynch following this season.

"Somebody just started talking about that — he's under contract next year, we'd love to have him back," Carroll told USA TODAY Sports after Thursday's practice. "There's no hesitation in us saying that and there never has been.

[. . . .]

Carroll said there has been no talk of a pending separation from inside Seahawks headquarters.

"That's not coming from here. That hasn't come from here at all," Carroll said. "It's been coming from somewhere else. We would love to have him come back."

This should have happened several weeks ago from PC and JS. They let this simmer too long.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
We'd love to have Marshawn Lynch have a back in 2015.

Does anyone really think that PC and JS WANT to move on from Lynch? Dude puts 110% effort in between the lines. You can't ask for more.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
kearly":s10onbh8 said:
The silence from PC/JS on this topic had been deafening, so this is a relief to hear. Now if only Lynch's back can hold up. Fingers crossed.

I agree with you on the silence thing. Glad PC said something.

Marshawn is such a unique player, he deserves the extra $. Really, how often do you see a player with his talent and heart?

I don't think any other position takes the beating of RB. How many Mondays has he awoke not being able to stand up and pissing pink? Yet the man comes back time and time again!

A long as it's not ridiculous, pay the Man! :les:

dunceface

Reaction score
:0190l:

Worst case scenario (in my mind) they were waiting to see how his performance weighed against his cost and after his production proved it's worth
this late in the season
a slumping passing offense increases the emphasis on a strong run game and it all makes sense once again. And it was never tense not at all not even once.
Gueralito.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SonicHawk":m4mwrd9b said:
We'd love to have Marshawn Lynch have a back in 2015.

Does anyone really think that PC and JS WANT to move on from Lynch? Dude puts 110% effort in between the lines. You can't ask for more.
Well it's a lot juicier to run with what the pundits have to say about the matter, than what Pete is saying.
Somebody sets frikkken fires, and Pete needs to constantly put run up with a water can and put them out?
Pretty pathetic if you ask me.
ML really needs to hear the nonsense coming out of the air-head Media.
I gotta wonder about the people who listen to MOST of the stupid crap that these guys are coming up with. :177692:

RiverDog

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2xwv3us5 said:

[. . . .]

What did you expect him to say? That we were planning on trading him to the Raiders? Pete's statement doesn't change a thing IMO. There is nor more and no less of a likelihood of Beast being back with us now as there was before Pete made his comments.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":zoy3e9lb said:
(cough, cough...)

Adrian Peterson

(...cough, cough)

absolutely.... if not Lynch, get AP.

If anything, team needs to understand what they are, and thats playing behind a high caliber running game.

sutz

Reaction score
The only 'negative' I see there is the lack of comment about an extension. Nice to hear Pete's comments, of course, but I fear we may have another mini-holdout next year. Of course, ML doesn't need a lot of practice. Given what he's done for the team, he does deserve some additional fiduciary remuneration, but i'm not sure we can afford to have the highest paid QB and RB in the league at the same time.

I wonder what their off-season plans are this year. Gonna be interesting.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
While I hope Carroll is sincere in this, I get the feeling that his comments were designed more to shut that storyline down to keep it from coming up again and again throughout the rest of the season than to demonstrate a full commitment to Lynch beyond 2014.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
The reality is that this will depend on Lynch. His reluctance to play unless he got a bump this year doesn't have me confident he will just show up in 2015 with no longer term security than being a free agent with a bad back after the season.

seahawk 17

Reaction score
I love Lynch, but in all reality he is about to break down very soon.