Big Win.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Man that was a big win. Game of the week, the nation got to see first-hand why we have the number one defense in the NFL and why Russell Wilson is one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL not named Manning or Brady. He may not have the offensive line pass pro that the other QB's do (but to be fair I thought they did a good job today) and he may not be in a scheme that has him be a traditional pocket passer but his continued display of doing the right thing, being safe with the football, moving the chains...Man, if he doesn't keep opposing defenses up at night, who does?

Our defense is SICK.

S. I. C. K.

Enjoy these moments Seahawks fans. These are the years you will undoubtedly look back on with fond memories.

"Remember the Legion of Boom? Man. Dominate for all those years."

They are this generation's Steel Curtain, Purple People Eaters, etc...

Too bad the Chiefs had to spoil what could have been the perfect day for 12's. The 49ers empire collapses before our eyes as they lose to the 1-win Raiders. 7-6 might as well be 5-8 in this division.

What a fantastic way to end the season. Three final games against all of our division rivals.

Good times peeps, good times.

HawkWow

Reaction score
As impressed as I am with today's performance, I'm also impressed I made it through that 1st half. Just brutal.

Props to Philly's D as well. Our explosive plays aside (!), they were better than advertised. My bro in Philly just wrote me and said "If we are forced to play in Seattle, I won't make the trip and the Eagles shouldn't either". ; )

Frohawk25360

Reaction score
I personally feel like as good as the d played today our best defensive play wa while we were on offense we totally neutralized the quickest paced team in the nfl at one point they showed how many plays each team had run and in the 3rd quarter the eagles had less than half of their average total plays . Keeping our d on the sidelines kept us fresh and beat their d down huge props to our offense for completing 3rd downs and going vertical on numerous occasions

RiverDog

Reaction score
HUGE win. This was our toughest December game. I think we run the table, get a minimum of a first round bye and perhaps even HFA if Green Bay messes up.

rjdriver

Reaction score
My biggest fear is the Rams coming in with the consent of the Stache to injure us on the last game of the season. That will be a physical game. I think we get by the next two easily, although I'm not looking past anyone.

HawkWow

Reaction score
The Rams can't be overlooked. I worry about health going into the post more so than whether or not we win against them. That will in deed be their SB and a sweep against the champs? Much to be gained for them in such a win. Fish will pull out every stop (watch the fake, Pete).

SF has already rolled over. Zona will by the 3rd qtr... but STL is definitely going to bring it. They represent my last real concern of this regular season.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
One hundred thirty-nine total yards.

Somewhere in Philadelphia, an ex-Duck coach is not happy.

Sac

Reaction score
We won't overlook anyone the rest of the way. The NFC is too stacked with good records to think we can slack off. Especially in week 17 against the Rams.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":23l7y9sc said:
One hundred thirty-nine total yards.

Somewhere in Philadelphia, an ex-Duck coach is not happy.

Wow. I've not yet looked at the box score (getting a much needed massage, lol) Has there ever been a better defensive 3 game span than what are Hawks just had? Against legit (er...semi legit / SF) teams?

HawkWow

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":3230fl92 said:
We won't overlook anyone the rest of the way. The NFC is too stacked with good records to think we can slack off. Especially in week 17 against the Rams.

Right. My use of the word "overlooked" was directed at our fans looking forward to 3 auto-wins. I am certain our team will bring their A game, but even then, it won't come easy.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Were you to not look at the score you might think this game was far more lopsided than the score would suggest. My wife dozed off during the game and when she awoke and asked me what she missed I simply told her "an ass kicking"! I will take that any day of the week. The way this team is playing there is not (IMNSHO) a team in football that could survive a slugfest with them at the moment!

Go Hawks!

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
HawkWow":qese5vpr said:
The Rams can't be overlooked.

Yes they can. We'll be favored by more than a TD, and with good reason.

Of course technically anything can happen, but they don't present any particular danger. The game at Arizona is probably more difficult than the home date with St. Louis, even as little as I think of Arizona.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":12a2srsn said:
HawkWow":12a2srsn said:
The Rams can't be overlooked.

Yes they can. We'll be favored by more than a TD, and with good reason.

Of course technically anything can happen, but they don't present any particular danger. The game at Arizona is probably more difficult than the home date with St. Louis, even as little as I think of Arizona.
^ Agreed :thfight7: ^

morgulon1

Reaction score
Was going to start my own thread but no need , I'll gladly hop on the Aros post game thread :

1. This defense, although missing some crowd favorites like Bryant and Clemmons appears to me as dominant as last
years superb owl team. To go into Philladelphia in December against the ESPN/NFL network darlings and physically,
mentally and spiritually punk this "high flying" offense is phenomenal .

2. No matter what happens regarding Mr Marshawn Lynch next year, he is the absolute MVP of this team on a team of
team full of great players. I know some of you will argue #29 or #3 or #54 and they'd all be valid but IMHO , as the best RB EVER to put on a Seattle Seahawk uniform goes, this team goes. I have never saw a RB with the fight and heart and sheer vulgaristic violence that our guy posseses. I truly appreciate #24.

3. Their were a few times where RW dropped back to pass and had enough time to make a ham sandwich. This begs me to ask the Capt. Obvious question of the night........... Did RW miss open recievers or did the WR fail to get open?
I love that we are lucky enough to have RW on our team. I mean this from my heart when I say that there isn't a qb that
I'd rather have than him. This is his third year!!! As hard as he works I know he hasn't reached his potential yet. I hope
when he gets his money that it doesn't make him complacent , you know?

4. A couple of quick hits Did anyone notice how geeked our defense was today? I have to take my hat off to the Philadelphia Eagles, for getting almost 200 yards of offense against this crew. Not one of the 3 remaining offenses we play scare me at ( as I type this Im thinking of the definition of hubris) but I honestly feel it's the truth. One of my favorite moments from the game didn't have anything to do with an actual play and kind of sums up this mentality of this team. In the second half when Marshawn Lynch fumbled , Russell Wilson stuck his head in the pile to scrap for the ball. That LBer #98 I believe (you know the dude with the bad haircut and speech problems) tried to drag RW off the pile. Then Mr Ricardo Lockette proceeds to knock #98 on his ASS and not one Eagle did anything about it. Yes, as Aros stated " These are the days that we'll look back on and smile".

Or something like that.

evergreen

Reaction score
Watch RW fake the D with his eyes. He did it against the 49ers too. He did it on that Lynch TD. Remember his deal is no turn overs. If he was to take some chances he might throw sooner. Don't forget how much offense we don't have; Harvin, Tate, Miller, Rice, 1st, 3rd, 7th round frat pix. That's a lot of nothing for RW to throw to

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/PeteCarroll/status/541783443777257472[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/DangeRussWilson/status/541784825179680768[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/Seahawks/status/541772939126124544[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/Seahawks/status/541760039422525440[/tweet]