Prefered playoff opponents

QuahHawk

Reaction score
When we beat the Rams and secure the #1 seed who do you want to make it to the Clink for the Divisonal and Championship round.

Most projections have wild card weekend as

#6 Det/Gb vs #3 Dal
#5 Az vs #4 Atl/Car

As a season ticket holder i love going to big games and prefer to face teams that will be great games vs teams that i think we will crush. I would not be as excited to host Az or Atl/Car as I would Detroit /GB.

In my perfect playoff world last year i wanted to face SF in the NFCCG. This year I want to host GB or Dallas as the hype for both those teams would be insane. So my hope to have the most fun playoff experience will be rooting for GB to get the #2. Then Det to beat Dallas.

We would face Det in the divisional round and GB would face Az/NFC south winner.

Then when we both win we get to host GB in the NFCCG. The only better path would be if we could somehow get to beat both GB and Dallas at home in the playoffs but I didnt find any scenarios where that could happen.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Carolina and Detroit. I don't care who we beat to get their, I just care about getting there. Give me the easiest route possible.

I am hoping the steelers miraculously make it out if the afc though so we can have ourselves a little rematch.

Highlordb

Reaction score
I want Dallas...they played us when our team was hurt and not playing as we are now...I want to show the world that the cowpukes are a joke and need to go back home!

RunTheBall

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3s2u0d2m said:
Carolina and Detroit. I don't care who we beat to get their, I just care about getting there. Give me the easiest route possible.

I am hoping the steelers miraculously make it out if the afc though so we can have ourselves a little rematch.
I agree who cares if we get an easier route? In 10 to 20 years no one is going to remember if we beat the 7-8-1 Panthers or 7-9 Falcons in the Divisional Round. They will remember who won the Super Bowl. For the AFC probably the worst possible team that could make it would be the Bengals, so I'll root for that.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3k4srthx said:
I don't care who we beat to get their, I just care about getting there. Give me the easiest route possible.

Anyone who feels differently than this is just being weird.

Sparkchaser737

Reaction score
Highlordb":1quhdd2s said:
I want Dallas...they played us when our team was hurt and not playing as we are now...I want to show the world that the cowpukes are a joke and need to go back home!

THIS for sure, 3rd and 20 for 23. I doubt this D gives this up again.

trharder

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":20zzpz5o said:
JSeahawks":20zzpz5o said:
I don't care who we beat to get their, I just care about getting there. Give me the easiest route possible.

Anyone who feels differently than this is just being weird.
I would prefer not to have to play Dallas to get to the SB. However, I think we are on a collision course with them. Very much like the Saints and 49ers last year.

jake206

Reaction score
Adversity, challenges are what make this team so great. They had the hardest schedule and still maybe the number 1 seed. Give the Hawks the hardest opponent in the playoffs and the SuperBowl will be a dress rehearsal.

"Iron sharpens iron." -LOB

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Dallas is the team I least want to face because their O-line, D-line, and Receivers are so good.

But they are probably also the team I want to beat the most because I want the Seahawks to prove they are the better team by killing them when it counts. The Hawks knocked off the best teams in the playoffs & Super Bowl last year. I want the same thing. Leave no doubt.

NJlargent

Reaction score
It is actually set up nicely for us. I expect we beat the Rams and the GB beats Det next week at Lambeau. That makes GB the 2 seed and Dallas the 3 seed. I think AZ ends up being a 6 and Det a 5 but it's irrelevant. The divisional round will definitely be either Det or AZ at the clink and Dallas at GB. I see Dallas making that a game but they cannot match GB at Lambeau and I see a late Romo pick sealing it. That makes GB come to us for the NFCCG. It ends where it all began and in almost identical fashion.

BlueTalons

Reaction score
NJlargent":3nf2o87r said:
It is actually set up nicely for us. I expect we beat the Rams and the GB beats Det next week at Lambeau. That makes GB the 2 seed and Dallas the 3 seed. I think AZ ends up being a 6 and Det a 5 but it's irrelevant. The divisional round will definitely be either Det or AZ at the clink and Dallas at GB. I see Dallas making that a game but they cannot match GB at Lambeau and I see a late Romo pick sealing it. That makes GB come to us for the NFCCG. It ends where it all began and in almost identical fashion.
Cardinals cannot finish worse than #5 unless GB/Detroit tie which would really mess things up!

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I want Dallas just to prove who is the best and that earlier loss was nothing but a fluke..To see Jones cry is priceless..

JustTheTip

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2d80og9e said:

Would probably make the heads of all 49er fans explode. They seem to hate other teams winning more rings then they have as much (if not more than) as they hate the Seahawks.

Gametime

Reaction score
I can't speak for everyone but I for one would love to see Golden Tate vs the LOB.

Chancellor or ET just taking his head off......... After all this "okay QB I guess....." Would love to see his ass blown up and have Russ have a game like vs AZ.

That'd be fun.

iigakusei

Reaction score
If it works out to be Detroit at Dallas I think Detroit wins.