Playoff Standings Watch

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I think we need a thread to keep track of the other teams we are up against in the standings. A win today would be huge as Toronto lost, and Boston and Houston look like they are going to lose.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score

We have the fourth easiest remaining strength of schedule. Houston is one spot behind us with the fifth easiest. Blue Jays are about middle of the pack. Will be tough to catch Houston, the head to head games against them will be important. We really need the AL East to beat Toronto.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Astros lose.

Need Cleveland to hold on against Toronto.

We will have a nice advantage with the rest going into the Baltimore series as they get no rest and have to travel all the way out here.

NoGain

Reaction score
Right now, focused on getting ahead of the Blue Jays. If and when that's accomplished, I'll take it from there.

sutz

Reaction score
I believe we have the tie-breaker against the Jays, according to what was said in the booth tonight.

Chapow

Reaction score
M's move up into the 3rd WC spot a half game in front of Toronto. 2.5 games behind Houston for the 2nd WC.

Sweeping Houston is a pretty tall task obviously, but if they could somehow manage to get it done that 2nd WC isn't out of reach.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I just glanced at the Blue Jays schedule, it’s very interesting. They have a chunk against awful teams, but they have a brutal stretch to finish the season. Here is Toronto’s remaining schedule after their series with Cincinnati:

@Baltimore (3)
Cleveland (3)
Washington (3)
@Colorado (3)
@Oakland (3)
KC (3)
Texas (4)
Boston (3)
@NYY (3)
@Tampa (3)
NY (3)
Tampa (3)

That’s 12 consecutive games against bad teams (Washington, Colorado, Oakland, KC).

Then they finish the season with 19 games against Texas, Boston, Tampa and Yanks. Very interesting schedule.

Crizilla

Reaction score
3 back of Texas with 7 games left against Texas. A division win this year and they most likely wouldn't have to play in the wild card round. Bored of Wild card talk go be AL west champs.

sutz

Reaction score
3 back of Texas with 7 games left against Texas. A division win this year and they most likely wouldn't have to play in the wild card round. Bored of Wild card talk go be AL west champs.
It's within reach, for sure. Just keep winning games.

Threedee

Reaction score
The remainder of our August schedule is not difficult. It's very possible that we extend our six game streak quite a bit.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Blue Jays start a three game series tomorrow at Baltimore.

Boston starts a four game series at Houston today. Boston already up 3-0 early. I think my ideal scenario would be Boston takes 3 out of 4.

Rangers start a two game series at Arizona today.

M’s can definitely move up the standings this week.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
1 GB of Texas
0.5 GB of Houston
Up 1 game on Toronto in the WC.

Blue Jays @ Orioles
Gausman vs Flaherty

Red Sox @ Astros
Sale vs Urquidy

Texas is off today, then start a four game series tomorrow at Minnesota.