When was the last time RW has had a multiple pick game?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I honestly can't recall. Peyton Manning...the greatest regular season of all time threw 4 INT's against the Bengals. I won my fantasy championship with Jay Cutler at the helm last week (3 picks and won by .19 points) and Flacco this week (3 picks again...thank you Gio Bernard and E Sanders). Even the future HOF'er, Andrew Luck, throws a bunch away.

I honestly love Pete's philosophy of a ball control/ball security type of football. And I love the fact that Russel Wilson's ego allows him to play a PG style of QB. I don't care how good your D is...it has to be demoralizing to turn the ball over so many times because of careless play

OP
OP
-The Glove-

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":2mnuxvbz said:
Shhhhhhhhh. No jinxing here.
Don't worry...I'm wearing my Beast Mode jersey from here on out

bigskydoc

Reaction score
November 9th, 2014 - 2 picks against the Vagiants.

November 3rd, 2013 - 2 picks against the Bucs

September 30th, 2012 - 3 picks against the St. Louis Wethers

October 7th, 2012 - 2 picks against the Carolina Panthers (his only back to back stretch with multiple picks)

- bsd RPA

OP
OP
-The Glove-

-The Glove-

Reaction score
bigskydoc":3u58ybin said:

October 7th, 2012 - 2 picks against the Carolina Panthers (his only back to back stretch with multiple picks)

- bsd RPA
Didn't realize it was that recent

TXHawk

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1z2selyy said:
bigskydoc":1z2selyy said:

- bsd RPA

Yeah he threw a couple of bad picks in the Giants game. Those multiple pick games in his rookie season were partly due to passes bouncing off his receivers hands, receivers falling down, etc. Wilson and his receivers weren't always on the same page during the first half of his rookie season.

Only four multiple interception games in 52 starts is remarkable though. When Wilson makes a mistake he rarely compounds it like so many QBs do. Fumbling on the very first play from scrimmage in the NFCCG would have rattled a lot of quarterbacks, especially young ones, but it didn't seem to affect him at all. He seems to be able to process what he did wrong then refocus and forget about it. That's very hard to do.

OP
OP
-The Glove-

-The Glove-

Reaction score
TXHawk":30yyiul0 said:
-The Glove-":30yyiul0 said:
bigskydoc":30yyiul0 said:

- bsd RPA

Yeah he threw a couple of bad picks in the Giants game. Those multiple pick games in his rookie season were partly due to passes bouncing off his receivers hands, receivers falling down, etc. Wilson and his receivers weren't always on the same page during the first half of his rookie season.

Only four multiple interception games in 52 starts is remarkable though. When Wilson makes a mistake he rarely compounds it like so many QBs do. Fumbling on the very first play from scrimmage in the NFCCG would have rattled a lot of quarterbacks, especially young ones, but it didn't seem to affect him at all. He seems to be able to process what he did wrong then refocus and forget about it. That's very hard to do.
That's what I've noticed about a lot of other "good" QB's. Picks seem to come in bunches. 4 out of 52 is a damn good stat IMO. He rarely puts the team in a bad position

TXHawk

Reaction score
Speaking of Manning, I thought he looked awful last night. I don't know if he's hurt or if time is finally catching up with him.

OP
OP
-The Glove-

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I missed the game but saw a bunch of people bitching about losing their FF championship because of him...I looked and saw 4 INT's and wondered about RW

TXHawk

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2bhccmun said:
I missed the game but saw a bunch of people bitching about losing their FF championship because of him...I looked and saw 4 INT's and wondered about RW

Three of the picks weren't even close to being on target. The pick six was an off balance lollipop he threw directly to the defender. I don't think I've seen Russell Wilson throw a pass that bad in his entire career. It was raining hard during the game so maybe that affected him but something looked very wrong with Manning last night.

Mick063

Reaction score
A good chunk of Wilon's picks are off of his receiver's hands. Some very catchable.

Lockette is such a stud. He is one guy you can count on to turn into a defensive back if Russ is off target. Great blocker as well.

With Lockette's great speed, I would like to see him get used on offense more. He just gets involved with every aspect of the game. He has intangibles.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
Same story as always these days w/ Peyton. Make him move his feet and he throws ducks just like LOB said and proved. In other words it is all about disrupting his WR's and getting pressure on him. Even if the pressure does not get the sacks, if he has to move to avoid it and does not have time to set his feet you get those lollipop ducks floating around off target to snag. The arm strength is gone so he is now purely a timing QB...mind you a highly intelligent/wily QB that can pick you apart if you give him the time.

kpak76

Reaction score
TXHawk":1muxcvjm said:
-The Glove-":1muxcvjm said:
bigskydoc":1muxcvjm said:

- bsd RPA

I only remember one bad pick against the Giants. The other pick was a pass that went off the hands of beastmode and the defender was able to grab it. Or was that a different game I am getting confused with?

Mick063

Reaction score
oregonhawkfan":zu71gor4 said:
Same story as always these days w/ Peyton. Make him move his feet and he throws ducks just like LOB said and proved. In other words it is all about disrupting his WR's and getting pressure on him. Even if the pressure does not get the sacks, if he has to move to avoid it and does not have time to set his feet you get those lollipop ducks floating around off target to snag. The arm strength is gone so he is now purely a timing QB...mind you a highly intelligent/wily QB that can pick you apart if you give him the time.

Peyton wishes he could transplant his brain into a young man's body. He just lacks the physical tools and is getting it done purely by his knowledge and experience.

I think he knows that. I think he hangs it up sooner than later. Kurt Warner pondered briefly and then said "I am too old and slow". Peyton is just about there.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
He has only thrown one pick six and it was in the regular season and in his rookie year. It went to Captain Munnerlyn in the 3rd quarter of a 16-12 win over the Panthers. Russ would go on to throw a second interception on the next drive, this time to Luke Kuechly.

- bsd RPA

HawkFan72

Reaction score
RW has thrown a bunch of pick 6's. Fortunately the defender has either dropped it or wasn't paying attention. But he's made the throws that should have resulted in them lots of times.

Anthony!

Reaction score
HawkFan72":12os40xk said:
RW has thrown a bunch of pick 6's. Fortunately the defender has either dropped it or wasn't paying attention. But he's made the throws that should have resulted in them lots of times.

Would of, should of, could of, lets deal in reality. He has had 1. All QBs have near pick 6s, the only ones that count are the real pick 6s

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Anthony!":38mgaf5o said:
HawkFan72":38mgaf5o said:

Would of, should of, could of, lets deal in reality. He has had 1. All QBs have near pick 6s, the only ones that count are the real pick 6s

Truth. Hell, Lindley threw at least four almost-pick sixes in Sunday night's game alone. We should totally add those to our defenders' stats.

Wilson is quite special in this regard. He has a very good record of not turning the ball over. Off the top of my head, only Rodgers plays to that level or better.