Exact same spot as last year.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Hard to believe after the 3-3 start and what looked like a tough schedule to close out the season, we are basically in the same spot as we were at this time last year - win 3 home games in a row, and we're in the Superbowl. That's it.

Although we lost some guys, most notably Harvin and Tate, and guys like Clemons and Bryant, you could make the argument that this team might be better. The guys who are still here that aren't rookies just did this so they know what to expect - we went from the team last year that was 'too young' to handle the spotlight, to the one team int he league with the most knowledge on the subject of post-season success. Everyone has seen guys who are key players in these runs get paid, either by the Seahawks or elsewhere.

We have some flaws, most notably in pass protection, but things seem to be going our way as the teams in the league with great pass rushes also don't have much at the QB position and aren't really contenders. Plus, the guys we do have seem to be handling it, at least the other day against Arizona and their exotic blitzes. Oh yeah - and we have the one QB in the league that is the hardest to actually sack.

I could go on but it's amazing that this team has everything they want right there for the taking. Exactly the spot you want to be in. Respect to the Rams, they beat us once this year and they have shown some resilience, but there is no way they should beat seattle next Sunday. I can't see the fans, this team, those coaches allowing that to happen.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Yeah, with the way the year started we all dreamed we'd be in this situation but knew it was going to be tough to get here. But they did it. Now it's time to finish it out just like last time.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Frankly, this is a better team than last year.

I also really don't care what the statistics say in comparison.

This year the league aka competition committee and the media have been out to get the Seahawks any chance they've got plus every team going all-in to give us their best shot to knock us off our Pedestal.

With a tougher schedule, better slate of opposing QBs than we had in 2013, and having to deal with the internal drama of Harvin amongst other distractions.

And all that through all the off-season attrition and in-season injuries.

11-4 soon-to-be 12-4. And #1 Seed once again.

Not even the mighty 49ers under Harbaugh could manage back to back #1 seasons.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I will address this post after the Hawks have beaten the Rams. Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves, babies!

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Where we are weaker - DL, WR, PR, TE, OL

The DL depth last year was absurd. Mebane, Bryant, Clemons, McDonald . . . and Avril and Bennett. I'm still concerned about the NT position and our ability to stop a strong rushing attack like the Cowboys'.

The receiving corps and return game were superior last year because of Tate. The TE position was better because of Miller.

Okung, Unger, and Giacomini had returned from injuries by this time last year. Hopefully, Okung and Unger are ready to go in the Divisional game.

Where we are stronger - QB, LB

Russell WIlson has added new dimensions to his game, despite the drop off with his blockers and receivers. I expect another huge performance on the ground from him against the overaggressive Rams.

Thanks to Bruce Irvin's continued development, the LB corps as a whole has improved. Irvin continues to thrive at setting the edge and rushing the passer, while improving in coverage and as a run stopper. Wright has mostly been steady, and Wagner has taken his game to a Pro Bowl level.

Overall, I would still have to say 2013 was the deeper and more talented team.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":1fyyvhy8 said:
Frankly, this is a better team than last year..

After what I witnessed Sunday night, hard to argue with you.

I don't think our depth is as good, but our starters? I think a case could be made for better. Football is such a game of experience, momentum, focus and hunger.......and right now the 2014 version of the Hawks is superior in all these categories over the 2013 team.

kjreid

Reaction score
All I know is that we went into the home of Super Bowl 38 last year in week 15 and came out with a convincing 23-0 win, this year we go into the home of Super Bowl 39 in week 16 and come out with a convincing 30-6 win. I am fine with "Deja Vu all over again" :thirishdrinkers:

Sac

Reaction score
And next year, we'll go into the site of SB50, come out with a convincing win and win the Owl there too.