Spot on tweet from Brock

ZornLargentPatera

Reaction score
It has been the same shit defense for the past 5 or 6 years. Pete is full of shit at this point. He hasn't fielded a respectable defense in a while.

In 2013 and 2014 the Seahawks were number one in the league in yards allowed on defense. Here are their rankings since then:

2015: 2nd
2016: 5th
2017: 11th
2018: 16th
2019: 26th
2020: 22nd
2021: 28th
2022: 26th

It really has been exasperating to watch, especially when you were previously given the glimpse of what it was like to experience the glory years of The Legion Of Boom.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
If Clint Hurtt returns as defensive coordinator next season, I will not be returning as a fan

That guy is a disgrace to the game and is a morally corrupted sinner who has no business coaching
If you can't root for morally corrupted sinners, I don't think pro sports are going to be your bag. Unless that judgment only applies to people who aren't good at their jobs.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Be hard to justify it, I can't imagine the end of year talks with Jody can be spun positively. DL has been poor since he's been on the staff. I was really hoping they would go with an outside hire at DC after KNJ struggled so much but those defenses turned it around to close out the seasons. This unit needs to be burned to the ground and start over.

Seems like they did half measures getting Desai and implementing some of his Fangio scheme. But they ended up going with half Pete half Fangio and it was a mess. Throw in a bunch of fringe NFL caliber players starting and you get the worst defense in football.
Not 4-3, and not 3-4, that down the 'Middle of the Road' crap gets u butt runned over.
The Defense played >somewhat< better when they abandoned the Fangio scheme... BUT ONLY >SOMEWHAT<.
EVEN IF Clint Hurtt had, had the right horses to play that scheme, I don't think it's a formula that holds up in the NFL any longer, it's been schemed around and beaten pretty regularly in the last couple years, AND has been abandoned by multiple teams because of it.

m0ng0

Reaction score
I hope we can get a guy that has the swagger to run his own ship, Pete does Pete things and (blank) runs this defense. Not sure who is out there that could do that but I'm hoping they find it. If Pete can find that guy we have one last run left for Pete

JPatera76

Reaction score
In 2013 and 2014 the Seahawks were number one in the league in yards allowed on defense. Here are their rankings since then:

It really has been exasperating to watch, especially when you were previously given the glimpse of what it was like to experience the glory years of The Legion Of Boom.

Im curious to see those ranks and how the correlate to our cap offensively and wilsons contract. There has to be a connection somewhere... otherwise I'm going to start pointing at coaching. Not Desai, but Hurrt who's been here long enough, Pete who's the "Defensive Guru"

Nunya

Reaction score

Kind of hard to fill 18 other starting positions with near Pro-Bowl talent when 4 players are eating up to close to 40% of your cap space.

Fade

Reaction score
Kind of hard to fill 18 other starting positions with near Pro-Bowl talent when 4 players are eating up to close to 40% of your cap space.
Im curious to see those ranks and how the correlate to our cap offensively and wilsons contract. There has to be a connection somewhere... otherwise I'm going to start pointing at coaching. Not Desai, but Hurrt who's been here long enough, Pete who's the "Defensive Guru"
https://www.seahawks.net/threads/the-hawks-d-vs-the-top-8-d-asset-expenditure.184749/

jlwaters1

Reaction score
If Pete doesn’t change anything he won’t sniff a trophy. And I think nothing will change. This year was the first time the defense didn’t improve much at all. Hurtt isn’t the answer.
Of course he’s going to change
things. They will certainly bring in more players and upgrade the talent. That is more important than the scheme.