Spot on tweet from Brock

mistaowen

Reaction score

It's really just unacceptable how poor they were across the board. Coaching, execution, talent. If the braintrust remains the same, massive internal changes below has to happen. We cannot go into next season hoping the guys who played this year suddenly figure it out. It isn't NFL level quality, it isn't just a piece or two away. They need fundamental changes.

Geologic

Reaction score
If Clint Hurtt returns as defensive coordinator next season, I will not be returning as a fan

That guy is a disgrace to the game and is a morally corrupted sinner who has no business coaching
A corrupted sinner? Did he commit domestic violence or get a DUI??? Wtf

Edit: this is a sincere question google doesn’t say what he did thus was makes him a morally corrupted sinner. What did he do??

OP
OP
mistaowen

mistaowen

Reaction score
I mean, I know Pete's track record when it comes to loyalty, but Hurtt cannot possibly be retained after this cherry on the top, can he?!?!

Be hard to justify it, I can't imagine the end of year talks with Jody can be spun positively. DL has been poor since he's been on the staff. I was really hoping they would go with an outside hire at DC after KNJ struggled so much but those defenses turned it around to close out the seasons. This unit needs to be burned to the ground and start over.

Seems like they did half measures getting Desai and implementing some of his Fangio scheme. But they ended up going with half Pete half Fangio and it was a mess. Throw in a bunch of fringe NFL caliber players starting and you get the worst defense in football.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
A corrupted sinner? Did he commit domestic violence or get a DUI??? Wtf

Edit: this is a sincere question google doesn’t say what he did thus was makes him a morally corrupted sinner. What did he do??

He intentionally misled an NCAA investigation. This isn't the man I want coaching!

HawkFreak

Reaction score

seabowl

Reaction score
With the departure of Wagner they were relying on Jamal Adams to lead them. When he went down they had zero shot.

With this said the D has been piss poor for like 5 years

HawkinNY

Reaction score
If Pete doesn’t change anything he won’t sniff a trophy. And I think nothing will change. This year was the first time the defense didn’t improve much at all. Hurtt isn’t the answer.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
If Pete doesn’t change anything he won’t sniff a trophy. And I think nothing will change. This year was the first time the defense didn’t improve much at all. Hurtt isn’t the answer.

I'm most certain Pete will change things. Y'all said that last year about the defense and Pete went whole scale with changes.

The issue is: do you know what the problem is? Because every post I see here is the equivalent of scorched earth.

My view of the defense is a) Barton is not a good enough LB b) Brooks is better as a WILL, c) Taylor can't play the run, d) Poona is too small for a 3-4 e) They all need remedial tackling lessons f) Woolen and Bryant need another offseason to develop

But as to scheme, I'm not sure the playcalling was always bad compared to execution. Only the coaches and players know that and Pete I'm sure will look at all aspects and make a decision. I'm all for giving Hurtt another year with personnel more appropriate for the scheme.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
With the departure of Wagner they were relying on Jamal Adams to lead them. When he went down they had zero shot.

With this said the D has been piss poor for like 5 years
If true, this was a piss poor decision by someone. When was the last time Adams stayed healthy enough to base an entire defense on him?