HawkFreak

Reaction score
Caught the segment this morning...
How in the world is there not one Seahawks related play in the top 10
with their playoff run and SB win?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":1999fqpl said:
Was it just NFL plays, or plays from all sports. If it was the latter I can understand.

Even if it was all sports, The Tip should still be #1.

OP
OP
HawkFreak

HawkFreak

Reaction score
Yes...it was plays from all of sports.
Interestingly and oddly - I don't think they had even one play form the NFL, but seemed to have plays from every other major sport (including 2 international soccer). I guess I figured they would have at least one from the NFL and perhaps my biased perspective made me think it should be from the SB Champs ;)

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Yeah very odd if they didn't have any NFL plays at all. None of the plays from their most watched sport were the best plays of the year?

OP
OP
HawkFreak

HawkFreak

Reaction score
Ah..my bad.
Missed the the number 1 play = Odell Beckham's insane catch against the Cowgirls.
So the NFL was represented in the list.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
am I the only one that thinks "the tip" doesn't even deserve a nickname . It was a good play . One that Sherman makes consistently . We were also facing Keapernick so there was no chance that play would have resulted in a TD. It was a big play for the moment but I don't think it should have been on there .
I think of many other Seahawk plays that could have been in the top ten mostly including Beast Mode.

Jacknut16

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":2bl4oeeu said:
am I the only one that thinks "the tip" doesn't even deserve a nickname . It was a good play . One that Sherman makes consistently . We were also facing Keapernick so there was no chance that play would have resulted in a TD. It was a big play for the moment but I don't think it should have been on there .
I think of many other Seahawk plays that could have been in the top ten mostly including Beast Mode.

It was the biggest moment in franchise history, if Sherman is one step late we dont go to the SB, it was one of the most clutch plays of all-time in the NFL. And It Doesnt deserve a nickname?

PLEASE....

BlueTalon

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":2sx18846 said:
What game were you watching? If it had been anyone else besides Sherman covering Crabtree, that most likely would have been a TD.

chris98251

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":r0jjubtm said:

Yes

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Sherman's tip was the most important play of our most important season. So what if that wasn't a TD had Sherman not tipped it? We'll never know. Wasn't it only second down on a team that had already driven the length of the field in stunning fashion? It ended the game and put to rest the hopes and dreams of our biggest rivals and sent us to the dance. I don't care about top ten lists on ESPN, but this play certainly belongs in the top ten all time plays for Seattle. Probably top 3 on most 12's lists...

olyfan63

Reaction score
It's interesting that Bruce Irvin's role in that play is discounted. He is the reason Kaep threw instead of running.

Hawks46

Reaction score
BlueTalon":24vni8l4 said:
EastCoastHawksFan":24vni8l4 said:
What game were you watching? If it had been anyone else besides Sherman covering Crabtree, that most likely would have been a TD.

Beat me to it. There's maybe 3 CBs in the league that can make that play. Sherman closed that window to the point where there's maybe 2 or 3 QB's in the league that can actually make that throw over Sherman and in bounds, and even then maybe 50% of the time.

Not sure if it "deserves" a nickname or not, but I totally understand why it did. Not only because of the play, but the timing in the game and the stress and pressure of it. We honestly don't get a SB ring if that doesn't happen. Even worse, SC goes into that SB and beats Denver as well, and we have to listen to all the bandwagon Niners fans crow about how many rings they have, and how we are still not worth mentioning as a franchise.

To top it all off, that play gives us our SB ring, robs Harbaugh of getting one, and going even further....probably is the beginning of the end of Harbaugh's career at SC. That even swung the 49ers franchise from having huge momentum with winning a SB and owning the division to firing Harbaugh and becoming a shambles. Make no mistake, that one play might have set in motion the downfall of that team, as I don't see a coach coming in and beating the all time record for the first 4 years of a HC's regime in the NFL.