Russell is amazing given the talent level around him

theascension

Reaction score
Why does no one mention how russell can go 8 of 8 on third down with no turnovers and ALL undrafted wide receivers. I did a quick little comparison with the teams left.

JFtcFKY

How does he not get Offensive player of the week? I mean I love our guys but lets admit it - we are forced to use some bargains on offense to pay for defense and Russell does a lot with very little. I'm pretty upset he hasn't gotten enough props this week from media (and I do get a lot of our identity is on defense).

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Until RW starts consistently throwing 300+ YPG and 3+ TDs and 0 INTs. RW will not get credit. It is what it is, just let them think that way and be happy about it. Hell if anything you want other folks to think that way, so that way it can help with setting up his extension.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I see your point and I do not disagree but to be fair Russ did have Paul Richardson for part of the game. I don't know if he is WR1, 2, or 3 though.

Greenhell

Reaction score
The most important stat over passing yards and TDs; Wins. Russell just gets them. All that matters to me.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
To be fair, Russell has used Paul Richardson for most of the season, so there's a 2nd rounder as your #3 or #4.

But yeah, he is doing a lot with a lot of undrafted guys.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2pa2d34l said:
I see your point and I do not disagree but to be fair Russ did have Paul Richardson for part of the game. I don't know if he is WR1, 2, or 3 though.

Yeh despite the lack of targets P-Rich played a really nice game, consistently getting open. It flat out sucks about his injury. He mights have had 3TDs in that game, got really open on the first two TDs (once across the middle and then on a go-route) before nearly making a play on the throw where he got injured. He was looking hugely promising, here's to a miraculous recovery.

sc85sis

Reaction score
You could see Paul came down hard on the knee when it hit the turf. I was hoping the injury would be a bone bruise, but no such luck.