Unpopular opinion alert: Marshawn Lynch is being immature

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Ok now before you jump all over me hear me out. We aren't talking about a doctor or a teacher here or some other "important" job here so let's have a little perspective. Marshawn is paid a crap ton of money for playing a sport. Now I love marshawn, he's probably my favorite offensive player on the team right now, but in this case I believe he is acting entitled and immature.

Now if lynch actually has a social disorder that's one thing, but all the evidence points to this being fake, since he was nice and loud (comparitively) in buffalo, and has suddenly turned silent here. So common sense and rumblings from inside the locker room has told us he had bad experiences with the media prior, so the vast majority folks on here believe this gives him the right to blow off the media here, and be disrespectful to them? People across all jobs have duties that make them uncomfortable, that is part of being an adult and growing up! You shut up and do it because your boss told you to. Would you blow off your boss and tell him you don't want to do something because it makes you "uncomfortable"? I sure as hell hope not.

I believe people on here are letting their love of lynch and the Seahawks cloud their judgment on this situation. I think most on here would be call anyone doing a similar thing in their own industry an "entitled brat" or something similar. So why not hold marshawn to similar standards?

Ok now I'm ready

sc85sis

Reaction score
I do think he's being a little immature. I also think the media members are guilty of the same. Immature or not, it's become very clear he isn't going to change his mind. At this point, the media are just piling on for the sake of it.

Basis4day

Reaction score
What are these questions that people who think he should talk to the media are just dying to hear him answer?

TruHammer07

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":3gimat6p said:
Ok now before you jump all over me hear me out. We aren't talking about a doctor or a teacher here or some other "important" job here so let's have a little perspective. Marshawn is paid a crap ton of money for playing a sport. Now I love marshawn, he's probably my favorite offensive player on the team right now, but in this case I believe he is acting entitled and immature.

Now if lynch actually has a social disorder that's one thing, but all the evidence points to this being fake, since he was nice and loud (comparitively) in buffalo, and has suddenly turned silent here. So common sense and rumblings from inside the locker room has told us he had bad experiences with the media prior, so the vast majority folks on here believe this gives him the right to blow off the media here, and be disrespectful to them? People across all jobs have duties that make them uncomfortable, that is part of being an adult and growing up! You shut up and do it because your boss told you to. Would you blow off your boss and tell him you don't want to do something because it makes you "uncomfortable"? I sure as hell hope not.

I believe people on here are letting their love of lynch and the Seahawks cloud their judgment on this situation. I think most on here would be call anyone doing a similar thing in their own industry an "entitled brat" or something similar. So why not hold marshawn to similar standards?

Ok now I'm ready

Agree

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
It's all about that REaction, BOSS.
They acted the way they did, he is reacting.
I don't blame him.
It's well know, Screw him once? He will never trust you. Why would it be any different with people he doesn't even know?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
A non-issue IMHO. If I had to deal with the a$$clowns in the media I'd probably be the same way.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
Russell should write him up some platitude flash cards that he can read from:

-One game at a time.
-We're just playing for each other.
-They're a great team, I expect a competitive game.
-All the credit goes to my teammates.

Because hearing those things over and over again are absolutely critical to my enjoyment of the game.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
And then purposely trying to get a story out of him when you KNOW he doesn't want to talk?
I think THAT is why he's being immature. He made his case, yet they STILL come over and bother him knowing he won't give them any REAL answer.
The local radio guys know not to even try.
It's like, "hey lets go see if we can make him react".

OP
OP
therealjohncarlson

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
SnoCoHawk":1v83xbwq said:

-One game at a time.

Because hearing those things over and over again are absolutely critical to my enjoyment of the game.

His boss has decided these interviews lead to more money for them. Whether they do or not is another story, but it's not up to marshawn to decide this

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Lynch says nothing.
Russell talks for 15 minutes, says nothing.

Who cares?

OP
OP
therealjohncarlson

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":339172t9 said:
And then purposely trying to get a story out of him when you KNOW he doesn't want to talk?
I think THAT is why he's being immature. He made his case, yet they STILL come over and bother him knowing he won't give them any REAL answer.

The point is that the media is allowed to interview him, according to marshawns boss. Marshawn is not allowed to just blow them off, according to marshawns boss. That's all that matters

OP
OP
therealjohncarlson

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2uze6w93 said:
Lynch says nothing.

Who cares?

Marshawns boss does, that's the whole bloody point. I don't get why people don't see this. Marshawns job isn't to decide whether he should be answering questions or not, his job is to answer them because it's in his contract and his boss told him to

Basis4day

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":1rattp78 said:
ZorntoLargent":1rattp78 said:

The point is that the media is allowed to interview him, according to marshawns boss. Marshawn is not allowed to just blow them off, according to marshawns boss. That's all that matters

And since they're allowed to interview him i ask again, what are these questions that everyone is dying to hear the answers to?

marko358

Reaction score
SnoCoHawk":z78hu2qx said:

-One game at a time.

Need to throw in a couple of generic comments thanking God.

OP
OP
therealjohncarlson

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Basis4day":2bx9wya5 said:
therealjohncarlson":2bx9wya5 said:
ZorntoLargent":2bx9wya5 said:

And since they're allowed to interview him i ask again, what are these questions that everyone is dying to hear the answers to?

Again, that is beside the point. Maybe the media should ask him better questions, but this point this changes nothing

Uncle Si

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":y568ix6a said:
Scottemojo":y568ix6a said:
Lynch says nothing.

Who cares?

Marshawns boss does, that's the whole bloody point. I don't get why people don't see this. Marshawns job isn't to decide whether he should be answering questions or not, his job is to answer them because it's in his contract and his boss told him to

He is though. he is answering the same ridiculous questions with the same generic answers as anyone else in the NFL. his crime is being obvious about it.

I dont understand why this is a big deal. i honestly wouldnt care if it was anyone on any team anywhere.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":1cglrgfm said:
Scottemojo":1cglrgfm said:
Lynch says nothing.

Who cares?

You're a good soldier. Never question authority, never think critically, never make adjustments for unique situations, never deviate from the commandments that come from on high because blind obedience is always best.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
SnoCoHawk":r3iubgsk said:

-One game at a time.

I agree with the OP. Lynch is being an assclown....which I totally approve of!!!! I love your idea for being even bigger assclowns and having Lynch interview with Wilson there. Media asks the question, Wilson flips through his flash cards and hands Lynch the answer. Wilson smiles at media while Lynch reads the answer.

Lynch is making a point: The NFL wants them to talk to the media. The team insists on coachspeak, etc. Answers like One game at a time, etc. Anyone on the team who breaks those rules gets in big trouble.

So why the hell then insist on putting them in that spot in the first place?

Either let the players SPEAK to the media or don't make them set there and spew NFL nonspeak. Lynch is mocking the NFL, not the media. The mediots are too stupid to get it.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":13t9n93p said:
SnoCoHawk":13t9n93p said:

-One game at a time.

I agree with the OP. Lynch is being an assclown....which I totally approve of!!!! I love your idea for being even bigger assclowns and having Lynch interview with Wilson there. Media asks the question, Wilson flips through his flash cards and hands Lynch the answer. Wilson smiles at media while Lynch reads the answer.

Lynch is making a point: The NFL wants them to talk to the media. The team insists on coachspeak, etc. Answers like One game at a time, etc. Anyone on the team who breaks those rules gets in big trouble.

So why the hell then insist on putting them in that spot in the first place?

Either let the players SPEAK to the media or don't make them set there and spew NFL nonspeak. Lynch is mocking the NFL, not the media. The mediots are too stupid to get it.

the issue is deeper than that. the media want something. its the fan base that cant handle honest answers. some football player speaks with true emotion and 95% of the fan population go nuts about it.

its ridiculous. its why athletes dont say anything anymore. getting angry with Lynch about his recognition of it is asinine

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
please. people blow off the coffee barista at star bucks for no reason.

ML has every reason to blow of the media as he does.

who says you have to be nice and courteous to those that don't give a F about you???