In Stadium Reaction After Russell's Fourth INT

Husky Seahawk

Reaction score
While discussing the game with a friend last night he told me an incredible story from the game last night.

His father has season tickets and was at the game. As it has been noted, Many fans started leaving the stadium after Russell threw his 4th interception. According to to my friends dad, as fans were leaving from his section many fans in his section then started to hold hands and link arms in an attempt to stop people from leaving the stadium. They shouted at one another how they still BELIEVED in this team. As the story goes, this demonstration inspired many of the people walking out to stick around to witness the greatest comeback in Seattle sports history.

Just Awesome. I love this city, I love this team, and I love its fans.

GO HAWKS!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Yet no media outlet is going to pick up that story. They are too busy with their articles about how every Seahawk fan left the stadium and couldn't get back in.

AgentDib

Reaction score
It was maybe like 2% of the crowd that left at best and zero people that I could see in my section (309). I bet if you watch the broadcast in the 3rd Q and OT you won't notice much difference in any crowd shots.

rastahawk

Reaction score
Bloody awesome story!!! Especially since I sat there in front of the TV still believing. I thought as long as we're mathematically in it we still had a chance. Just when I thought "The Tip" game couldn't be surpassed, along comes "The Miracle".

GFang

Reaction score
Great story. Kudo to the 12s, you guys are amazing. Total team win yesterday. Thanks for sharing!

jkitsune

Reaction score
AgentDib":npijf9le said:
It was maybe like 2% of the crowd that left at best and zero people that I could see in my section (309). I bet if you watch the broadcast in the 3rd Q and OT you won't notice much difference in any crowd shots.

I was in 314. Maybe 4 people in our section left early. The stands were still nearly entirely full at the end.

Cool story, too. EVERY Packers fan that I could see stuck around to watch the post-game celebration. That could be because they were there with Hawks fans, but I still thought it was fantastic.

I'll write more about the game sometime. Maybe. For now I'm still just in shock.

FearTheBeak

Reaction score
I call Shenanigans. I've seen several home videos of the stands and the fans reaction from people's phones after the game winning catch and I'm still trying to find an empty seat.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I was in the stadium and witness the mass evacuation of garbage fans at 5 minutes left after the 4th INT. Don't get me wrong, things did not look good and it would take a miracle to win the game (which it did). I knew that if that miracle was to happen the last thing you needed was for the Hawks to feel like their own fans gave up on them. Which is why I never stopped standing and screaming from my 300 level nose bleed seat. Of the fans who left early because they gave up, I said it on my fb, they deserved to miss the moment. So yeah bleep them and I'm glad they learned a valuable lesson for just not being able to give up another 5 minutes of game time from your life to just hope and/or believe.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
FearTheBeak":1ndil9ag said:
I call Shenanigans. I've seen several home videos of the stands and the fans reaction from people's phones after the game winning catch and I'm still trying to find an empty seat.

There were a TON of people who left, not like 1/10 seats, but enough to notice and even make those who stayed start feeling even more demoralized. I mean it COULD be argued that some of them were just running for concessions/bathroom breaks given there is typically some time before a change of possession. I'd say out of a stadium of 68k there were at least a couple thousand folks who left, which is minimal by percentage, but enough to notice and shake your head at.

Just be glad our nicknames aren't "Faithful" because it would make the pictures of those fans who did leave be even worse for the fanbase.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Husky Seahawk":115a5xpf said:
According to to my friends dad, as fans were leaving from his section many fans in his section then started to hold hands and link arms in an attempt to stop people from leaving the stadium.

Stupid thing to do to drunk and angry fans, IMO. I personally would not appreciate being barred like that.

mikeak

Reaction score
FearTheBeak":3uwbmuy4 said:

There is also a possibility that people started leaving, hung around the concourse chatted a bit heard a big roar as seattle got the ball etc and walked back in without ever having left the stadium

QuahHawk

Reaction score
mikeak":bkaistp2 said:
FearTheBeak":bkaistp2 said:

There is also a possibility that people started leaving, hung around the concourse chatted a bit heard a big roar as seattle got the ball etc and walked back in without ever having left the stadium

I was planning on doing that as I moved down from 329 EE to 329 E and watch the game from the front of the 300 level. I'm sure my row mates were laughing at me but I got to see all the Miracles from a much better seat.

253hawk

Reaction score
Apparently they couldn't stop the mighty Seahulk from leaving. Eff that guy forever, especially after begging for money to even be able to go (again.)

ZagHawk

Reaction score
253hawk":1kpqhf7s said:
Apparently they couldn't stop the mighty Seahulk from leaving. Eff that guy forever, especially after begging for money to even be able to go (again.)

Seahulk left?!?!?

I'm under the impression that everyone who sits in that area like Big Lo, Mr and Mrs. Seahawk, Seahulk, and the other Fanatics were just that...Fanatics super duper fans x100.

Do you have proof he actually bounced early?!?

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
Im sick to my stomach that anybody would leave. Money alone those tickets were mighty expensive.

Want to beat traffic? terrible excuse. Last game of the year , you can sit in traffic one last time .

Gave up on the squad ? F U you aint no fan. you have learned nothing.

twelthmanfan

Reaction score
Its those disgusting media types who want to rain on our parade. Granted a few left but they were not fans. We had two ladies next to us that sat for a portion of the game. Tickets were given to them for free!! Real 12's stood tall and together and I am proud of our fans. Go Hawks.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
jkitsune":12m0rnvg said:
AgentDib":12m0rnvg said:

I was in 314. Maybe 4 people in our section left early. The stands were still nearly entirely full at the end.

Cool story, too. EVERY Packers fan that I could see stuck around to watch the post-game celebration. That could be because they were there with Hawks fans, but I still thought it was fantastic.

I'll write more about the game sometime. Maybe. For now I'm still just in shock.
311. A lot of people filled the aisle, but nobody left around our area. The four packer fans disappeared quickly after the TD to seal it.