After 13 games, 12th in offense, 20th in defense

toffee

Reaction score
Another week, another heartbreak. The boys and gals in PFF finally placed us out of the top 10 overall, as they should. Our offense still stood at #12, but defense dropped 5 places to #20. Interestingly, we run block better than pass block, but our running game isn't as effective as our passing game, at this point, we can say that our receiving game is our strong point, along with pass rush.

Seahawks week14

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Feels like we are stuck in mediocrity. Too good to stink but no danger of being a contender. Even when we have made the play offs recently we haven't done jack. Same appears to be the case at the Steelers and Patriots. I wonder if the league has moved on from these great coaches styles.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
Our offense is tied for 18th in points per game. That's the important number. There must be a lot of really bad offenses out there if they have us ranked 12th. Can't run the ball, can't convert on 3rd down or in the red zone. I think it's just 4 or 5 games even propping us up this much.

Defense is also near the bottom (27th) in points allowed per game.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Our offense is tied for 18th in points per game. That's the important number. There must be a lot of really bad offenses out there if they have us ranked 12th. Can't run the ball, can't convert on 3rd down or in the red zone. I think it's just 4 or 5 games even propping us up this much.

Defense is also near the bottom (27th) in points allowed per game.
PFF is evaluating player grades on average. So talent wise they are ranked 12th on offense this season. But they are 18th in PPG / results.

Likewise, they are a 20th ranked unit on defense, talent wise. But 27th in PPG / results.

The delta is due to coaching / scheme. They are underperforming their talent levels.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
^^^ Makes sense. Cause that's pretty much feels like what we're seeing. Should be doing better with the talent that we have.

morgulon1

Reaction score
PFF is evaluating player grades on average. So talent wise they are ranked 12th on offense this season. But they are 18th in PPG / results.

Likewise, they are a 20th ranked unit on defense, talent wise. But 27th in PPG / results.

The delta is due to coaching / scheme. They are underperforming their talent levels.
Exactly. Points given up per game is the proper metric. Seattle is NOT good.

Likewise, offense should be measured by 3rd Down conversion , red zone scoring and of course points scored and I'm sure they'd be ranked much worse.