Last two drives in regulation .....

DeSeahawk

Reaction score
I watched the game again and watched the highlights, but I don't see Clay Matthews playing in the Hawks last two drives in regulation. Clips show him on the sidelines wearing a hat. Was Green Bay celebrating early and keeping him off the field as a precaution ? He DID play in overtime, though. I haven't heard anyone on tv or radio mention it. Why have your best pass rusher on the sidelines when you want to seal the game ?? Anyone else notice or am I missing something ?

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/injury-left-seahawks-richard-sherman-playing-with-just-one-arm-b99428198z1-288995771.html[/urltargetblank]

Out of gas: Linebacker Clay Matthews was out of the game for part of the fourth quarter because of what he said were a couple of injury and fatigue issues.

Matthews could be seen on the sideline trying to loosen up with knee kicks during Seattle's drive to take the lead in the fourth quarter. He did return for the final drive in overtime.

"Mentally, emotionally, physically drained," Matthews said.

Erebus

Reaction score
That's a perfect example of Pete's philosophy of outlasting your opponent. We wore him out, while our guys were still able to play at the end of regulation.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1vm0zl0i said:
Makes you appreciate Earl and Sherm even more.

I read that he was too tired to go in when the game was on the line and my jaw dropped. Earl dislocates his shoulder and comes back in the knock Lacy out of bounds with an awesome hit. Sherm, with one good arm and one throbbing with pain, makes a critical tackle on a 3rd and 7 to force the 48 yard field goal that only allows them to tie. We have warriors.

Packers packed it in. They didn't deserve the win...and you know it. :)

SC

ihawk

Reaction score
Man... it's how you finish, right? The game is 60 minutes. They got mentally, emotionally, physically drained and the Hawks didn't. THAT is why we won.

BlueTalons

Reaction score
DeSeahawk":igxdacz7 said:
I watched the game again and watched the highlights, but I don't see Clay Matthews playing in the Hawks last two drives in regulation. Clips show him on the sidelines wearing a hat. Was Green Bay celebrating early and keeping him off the field as a precaution ? He DID play in overtime, though. I haven't heard anyone on tv or radio mention it. Why have your best pass rusher on the sidelines when you want to seal the game ?? Anyone else notice or am I missing something ?
I was wondering the same thing...though he was all smiles and hugs while we were brewing up the comeback storm. It was rather odd. Those smiles quickly turned up-side-down! I think they all pretty much mentally checked out. I love how mentally tough our team is! Heart of Champions!

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Foghawk

Reaction score
Well the good news is he gets to go home, pull out his secret Russell Wilson Snuggie, and read his signed copy of Win Forever by the fireplace this weekend.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
How awesome it was to hear that Lane would not come out of the game even though he could feel his muscles starting to cramp, because Earl and Sherm were playing hurt so no way he was letting some cramps get him out of the game.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Seanhawk":3429ol8p said:
Makes you appreciate Earl and Sherm even more.

Seriously. Earl went back in with a dislocated shoulder and Sherman with a very painful elbow strain. Played and contributed as much as they could.

Matthews sits out because he's "too tired".

Chawks1

Reaction score
Yeah when we rewatched the game he disappears from the final 7 minutes of regulation. He seriously was fixing his hair on the side lines....I am not kidding....he did look like he was trying to stretch or work something out. But seriously??? 7 minutes left in the Championship game and your D is giving up 2 TD drives and your sitting it out? I guess Pete knew what he was doing at USC by playing Mathes on n special teams most the time. He doesn't have the heart to compete.

When he came back onto the field in the OT after resting for quite a while he showed NOTHING. Weak sauce. Fathead!