Super Bowl XLIX to be livestreamed by NBC

ivotuk

Reaction score
"In what has become a tradition since 2012, the Super Bowl will be streamed online again this year. The kind gesture, which is free of charge to anyone in the US, comes courtesy of NBC -- the network that started the trend of livestreaming The Big Game. For Super Bowl XLIX, set to take place on February 1st in Arizona, NBC plans to have an 11-hour block of video coverage over the internet,"

http://www.engadget.com/2015/01/20/supe ... tream-nbc/

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
This is nothing but PR spin. The Super Bowl is aired on a broadcast network. It has been aired free to anyone with an antenna since TV existed.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":4fym8zzb said:
This is nothing but PR spin. The Super Bowl is aired on a broadcast network. It has been aired free to anyone with an antenna since TV existed.

But for people without access to a TV or who prefer to stream things on their laptops, it's a nice gesture.

HawkGA

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3g825pyo said:
Seahawks1983":3g825pyo said:

But for people without access to a TV or who prefer to stream things on their laptops, it's a nice gesture.

Winner winner, chicken dinner. I don't have cable or satellite and live in frickin' nowhere. I bought some rabbit ears before last week's game and I can only pick up Fox and ABC. I'm stoked they'll be streaming it for free.*

*That said, I have found that NBC gives previews of what they are showing online before requesting you log in. If you go in and delete cookies and switch browsers, you can usually watch a fair amount of the game. That's how I watched one of Seattle's Thursday night games this year.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
There are people without the ability to have antennas on their apt buildings. THere are people that dont have cable or such. There are people that prefer to stream things only. We have them as part of our group. It is a great thing to be able to put on a tv thru the computer if you have a tv. Go hawks.....

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Great news. I finally bought a $100 HD antenna. Turns out I only get Q13, KIRO, and a whole bunch of home shopping and Jesus channels. No NBC at all. The stream will be much appreciated.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":1xri1dms said:
There are people without the ability to have antennas on their apt buildings. THere are people that dont have cable or such. There are people that prefer to stream things only. We have them as part of our group. It is a great thing to be able to put on a tv thru the computer if you have a tv. Go hawks.....

Well, it's a good thing it is the year 2015 and you no longer need to mount antennas on rooftops anymore:

http://www.radioshack.com/radioshack-am ... L_Uk0fF834

But all your points are well taken. I was more poking fun at NBC than cord cutters.

:thirishdrinkers:

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":302n42f5 said:
Seahawkfan80":302n42f5 said:

Well, it's a good thing it is the year 2015 and you no longer need to mount antennas on rooftops anymore:

http://www.radioshack.com/radioshack-am ... L_Uk0fF834

But all your points are well taken. I was more poking fun at NBC than cord cutters.

:thirishdrinkers:
I thought the same thing. I never bothered with a digital converter when they came out because there are so many ways to get the programming I want without commercials, or cable, or satellite. But to watch the playoffs live in HD I had to get an antenna and it only works on my roof. Even then, if I move it 5 degrees in either direction it loses channels and when it's raining, all bets are off. Weird science, man. :)