Congrats from a Pats Fan

BillBelichick

Reaction score
Pats Fan Here -

Just signed up to congratulate you guys, and say I'm looking forward to a great game in two weeks.

Both teams were questioned early in the year and fought back to become the best in the league.

There are so many things I'm looking forward to in this game and the weeks leading up to it. Just to name a few:

-Brady/Wilson
-Revis/Sherman
-Belichick/Lynch press conference throw down
-Browner vs Old Team
-Carroll vs Old Team

My prediction? Patriots win 31 - 28 following a 60-yard LaGarrette Blount TD reception from Rob Gronkowski on 4th down with 42 seconds left on the clock.

Deflated balls for everyone!

Looking forward to sharing in the conversation!

John

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Carroll vs. Belichick is the most exciting matchup for me. Two all-time great coaches. When it's all said and done, I think Carroll will surpass Belichick in Super Bowl wins. Only Chuck Noll has won four.

:th2thumbs:

kearly

Reaction score
Classy post.

I don't expect this to be a high scoring game. Both defenses have significant matchup advantages.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
BillBelichick":2nqqyvp2 said:

Best matchup of the entire event! It'll be one for the ages, just like this Super Bowl is going to be. Welcome to the board, by the way. Enjoy your stay. We have all kinds of refreshments and entertainment.

And you're almost right about the final score. Except that it will be 33-27 Seahawks in overtime, on a 75-yard Beastquake III touchdown run.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2lpydq89 said:
BillBelichick":2lpydq89 said:

Best matchup of the entire event! It'll be one for the ages, just like this Super Bowl is going to be. Welcome to the board, by the way. Enjoy your stay. We have all kinds of refreshments and entertainment.

And you're almost right about the final score. Except that it will be 33-27 Seahawks in overtime, on a 75-yard Beastquake III touchdown run.
I like the way you think! :th2thumbs:

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Russell Wilson can play with a fully inflated ball unlike Brady.. Hawks by 2 scores.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
28-20 Seattle. The refs will be prepared to flag your team this time for not reporting eligible tackles. I recall your offense will bring up the fullback to the line and report as ineligible so to appear to have 6 receivers.... a deceptive formation. I'll be smiling when our defense blows up your receivers on those plays.

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
I really do not like hearing that NE did anything wrong with their odd formations. They are legal and if the defense does not see it then shame on them. Just like any gadget play.

Pete has had a long history of planning against teams that pull odd formations and will have the boys ready (they better be better than when we play Fisher).

I love this matchup and should be such a great game. We crapped our pants for 3+ quarters on offense this weekend and still pulled it out. I really do not see anything like that happening again.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
The offensive formational habits of the New England Patriots give me wood. Complex, unexpected, hard to predict, and brilliant.

Pretty much the exact opposite of our offensive formational habits. I love our simplistic defensive formations, but offense is an entirely different game and I can't stand the same simple mindset for them with us.

furi0usbee

Reaction score
OK. I've been signing up for the forum of each Patriots playoff opponent. So far I see deflate-gate references.... great. All I hope is that you guys are of higher class than the Ravens forum. Colts forum was pretty solid, *even* with deflate-gate, so I hope you Seattle folk don't go off crazy with this.... at least wait until the NFL releases a statement... From what I've been reading and trying to find actual information, which is hard, this is pretty much a non issue at best. But, I will wait and see. If the Patriots did something as stupid as deflate balls, I'll be the first to say how cheap that is.

Having said that, I hope these two weeks will lead to some good threads.

Things I can't wait to get into, Sherman and Thomas. Yes they both say they are playing in SB, but as Patriots know with Gronk, saying you are going to do something, wanting to do it is much different than being able to do it, and certainly at the high level of play you would like to do it at.

I have been hearing good things about Seattle's fast defense, but really was shocked at the GB game, in how AR really wasn't too hurried all day. I'm feeling really good about Patriots matching up with Seattle D, especially if the aforementioned two aren't 100%. What I'm really excited about is the Patriots defense going up again Wilson. With 2 weeks to gameplan for Wilson, I can't wait to see what Belichick has up sleeves.

Of all the Patriots SBs I've seen, I feel the best about this one, partly because I think this Patriots team, although not nearly the powerful offense of 2007 with Moss, the defense is what I'm liking. If Brady is done throwing that one awful INT and the refs let these defenses go out there and play, I really like Patriots chances and this will be the most enjoyable Patriots SBs I've seen.

So good luck and all that, and let the best team win.

PS.. I think it's too early to talk about Pete Carroll becoming the winningest SB coach (to that one guy who was doing that). WAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY too early. I've been reading about a Seattle dynasty. Let's hold off on that talk. Beat the Patriots, go back to back, and maybe we can entertain a dynasty depending on your play for the next several years out.

The Patriots have rewrote what an NFL dynasty looks like. And if you can get to 8 Super Bowls, win 3 (and a 4th in two weeks), go 16-0, etc... then you got yourself a handy dandy dynasty. Back to back SBs doesn't cut it anymore however.

We're gonna find out if Brady was mad bro! :)

Wishing for some intelligent football talk.

irocdave

Reaction score
Nice opening salvo Pats fan. Unlike one of your brethren. I've been boasting about your down to earth fan base here and you have lived up to it.

We could have "hoped" for Indy or Denver again but most Hawk fans have wanted the Pats in the SB. The last dynasty against the new dynasty. Pats fans know it and so do Hawk fans, been this way since the beginning of the year. Best against the best. This game is going to be fun to watch for non Pats or Hawks fans. It's going to be close, we will both feel like the announcers and refs are screwing us...The teams will be knocking the crap out of each other and it will be close or tied near the end. Perfect opportunity for RW and Lynch to accept the baton and make the plays that seal the deal. Passing of the torche, or god forbid, the old master rips the win from the young apprentice.

This is going to be a great game.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
furi0usbee":2iz5sec3 said:
So far I see deflate-gate references.... great.
We were until this just broke. Thoughts?

[tweet]https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/557748673208401921[/tweet]

furi0usbee

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":1v36ulfn said:
28-20 Seattle. The refs will be prepared to flag your team this time for not reporting eligible tackles.

In two games of running these eligible/ineligible formations, they were flagged once for not reporting, in the Colts game, and that was probably on the player and not because they wanted to not notify the refs. I mean, after Ravens, Patriots WILL NOT get away with not properly reporting.

Now, even before all this hub-bub, Belichick always played tackle eligibles, special teams reporting, etc.. He's done it in regular season, as well as playoffs. Adding the wrinkle, he's now moving non-linemen on the line as eligible, then moving normal offensive players off the line at snap as ineligible. At best, he catches you off guard, at worst you have to spend time game planning for this.

How many days do you think Seattle spends on these plays? I'd say probably a full day of practice. So that's a win right there even before you get on the field, as you are having them spend time on something they *may* see, but I'll bet Patriots pull out some plays we haven't seen.

Remember late in the year when Patriots played GB? They showed almost nothing offensively, almost as if Patriots thought they'd see them again. I have a feeling whatever they were holding back there, you may see in February.

Aside from putting pressure on Brady, which is your best bet to beating New England, if you can stop the run, you will have a great shot at winning this game. If Patriots can get a running game going, not even crazy running, but just enough for play action and to mix it up, that's when Brady can really move downfield.

I wish I didn't have to wait two weeks though!

furi0usbee

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":208tsv9t said:
furi0usbee":208tsv9t said:
So far I see deflate-gate references.... great.
We were until this just broke. Thoughts?

[tweet]https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/557748673208401921[/tweet]

That's *VERY* disappointing if this turns out to be true. Thanks for the tip. That's not an anomaly, that would be outright cheating. If this turns out to be true, when the last 4 games you essentially annihilated the Colts.. the have to resort to that? Certainly this would make this SB sour for me.

And you know what, being a life long Patriots fan, if this turns out to be true, I actually may root against them. I love this team with all my heart, and I was fortunate to be at the Ravens game two weeks ago. But if they did this, I consider Brady and Belichick lying to *me*. Because at 2 pounds, Brady would have felt that. And even if he didn't know, he would have spoken to Bill about that. So if all this turns out true, they will have lost my respect.

On second thought, wish you didn't post that. Talk about a bummer before going to bed.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
A very logical and unbiased response, Furi0usbee. Hope you stick around if you're going to post like that. I have no clue how you should feel or even whether this is true, we're all waiting for details obviously, but I like the way you replied.