Changing The .NET Header Logo Slightly

Should we change the tagline on .NET?

• Yes. Voice of the 12's

Votes: 37 27.8%
  • No. I am nostalgic and screw Texas A&M. Keep it.

Votes: 67 50.4%
  • Either way is fine with me.

Votes: 29 21.8%

• Total voters

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I am all for changing it from "The Voice of the 12th Man" to "The Voice of the 12's".

BlueThunder

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":2ua0rw07 said:
The voice of the 12th Fan :twocents:

I've always hated the 12th "Fan" thing. It sounds bad. Like, "well we only had 11 fans, but the 12th one finally showed up". And 12th Man for me. Centurylink field even says "Home Of The 12th Man". I know some people say it's sexist, but there are 11 MEN on the field, and we're the 12th one...

taco40

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":zf3tuvqz said:
The voice of the 12th Fan :twocents:

Normally, I'm not one to change mailman to mailperson or chairman to chairperson so I'm not keen on the 12th Fan as it look like it's meant to be gender generic.
However, I think that the Hawks are often quoted as talking about playing for the 12's (apostrophe here doesn't imply possession. It's used for plural when following a number.) I don't care one iota about Texas A&M's claim so the 12th Man doesn't mean anything but fan's part on the field of play.
I happen to like the 12's moniker because it does a good job of including the ladies who are fans without being obvious about it. That said, either way would be fine. At least we aren't talking about psi and cheating.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
As long as you don't call me a twELVe, I don't work for santa and always drank my milk and ate green veggies growing up to be tall, i'm proud of that.

in a fist fight, lights out, 1-2
on a scale of one to ten how dedicated are we as fans 12
total offense yards this season 6012
Sherman and Bennett had 12 assist apiece this season

hawknation2015

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":3h3oueaf said:
Since the team will transitioning to "The 12s" (no apostrophe) as part of their agreement with TA&M, we should too.

The agreement lasts until 2016, so no reason to change it until at least that time. After that, who knows what will happen? I bet the team will continue to use the phrase in hopes of brokering another long-term agreement with A&M.

crucifyd

Reaction score
personally, I can't stand the phrase "the 12s"... whenever the media / seahawks employees, etc say it, it just sounds ridiculous

please keep the 12th man, we don't have to give in...

that being said, I've stated my opinion, do what you want...

Seafan

Reaction score
Steve Largent, Paul Allen, Pete Carroll were all so PC. They need to have the balls to call us the 12th Man. I hated hearing them say "the number 12s".

Hawkboi

Reaction score
I think I'm hearing it "The 12s" more than the "12th Man" It's become more PC, if that makes sense...