That last play looked like it was trying to get Wilson MVP

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Up to that point, Russell had some good #s but Chris Matthews (!?! - Who came to play!) would have gotten quite a few votes if we somehow kept it together and won.

Then again, Lynch drives up the middle, gets a TD - that would give him two in this SB. Wouldn't be a shock to see the all everything RB with 2 TDs in a SB get an MVP. But it might be awkward for Seattle to try to get him to give up some contract concessions to stay. Worse to cut the potential SB MVP.

Seems like the team really was trying to force a way for Wilson to get another TD pass so he could scoop up the MVP and it backfired badly.

Wilson is a tremendous QB. I just wonder if sometimes we realize just how tremendous and important our RB is. That looked like a blatant attempt not to ride the horse that brung us. Lynch was and is the most important piece of this team.

There is no doubt in 3 tries Lynch would have made it in, specifically because Lynch gets for loss or in the backfield less than most starting RBs in the league. So pinning him for loss 3 times is essentially a zero chance.

This seemed to be about crowning Wilson, which is comical because he already has been crowned. He didn't need an MVP, but we needed a TD.

Bevell being Bevell.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
I thought the same thing that was for RW no way we pass it if we weren't trying to do exactly that

Jacknut16

Reaction score
You know what I thought the same thing on the drive home.

This is bad bad bad folks, the fallout of a play like that in the biggest game in the world has broken stronger men.

w00t

Reaction score
Armchair Bronco":3fetoz8a said:
That last play looked like it was trying to get Wilson MVP

Either that...or they were trying to keep Lynch from getting it.

If so, mission accomplished!

Remember Bevell HATES Lynch.

KatarHol

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":lzcvjd6l said:
Up to that point, Russell had some good #s but Chris Matthews (!?! - Who came to play!) would have gotten quite a few votes if we somehow kept it together and won.

Then again, Lynch drives up the middle, gets a TD - that would give him two in this SB. Wouldn't be a shock to see the all everything RB with 2 TDs in a SB get an MVP. But it might be awkward for Seattle to try to get him to give up some contract concessions to stay. Worse to cut the potential SB MVP.

Seems like the team really was trying to force a way for Wilson to get another TD pass so he could scoop up the MVP and it backfired badly.

Wilson is a tremendous QB. I just wonder if sometimes we realize just how tremendous and important our RB is. That looked like a blatant attempt not to ride the horse that brung us. Lynch was and is the most important piece of this team.

There is no doubt in 3 tries Lynch would have made it in, specifically because Lynch gets for loss or in the backfield less than most starting RBs in the league. So pinning him for loss 3 times is essentially a zero chance.

This seemed to be about crowning Wilson, which is comical because he already has been crowned. He didn't need an MVP, but we needed a TD.

Bevell being Bevell.
The Wilson hating troll comes out of his cave after licking his wounds two weeks ago.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Okay first off this is s stupid thread and anyone who thinks this need their head examined.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I thought the same damn thing. I think Bevell is butthurt about not getting more HC interest and wanted to show everyone how smart he is with his SB MVP QB

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Wilson's plays were setting up Lynch and he was getting enough love on tv to get MVP up to that point. His passer rating was great before the int. We run it in and Wilson wins MVP. Bevell had a brain far is all.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Just a silly thread. Nothing else....grasping grasping grasping

OP
OP
T

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
If Lynch scores there, he gets MVP.

Makes the whole offseason change as far as leverage - because everyone concedes Lynch has to be kept.

That is Bevell trying to keep the trophy from a guy we are trying to edge away from.

It was playcalling that brought us additional risk with actually less % at success vs the lower risk option. Even if they stop Lynch there, he gets forward yards and the clock keeps rolling. Giving Brady less time to come back, because you can be assured we could run 3 runs in 30 seconds and not be stuffed 3x in a row. That is a TD with 3 handoffs.

All that play did is give us a chance at a TD but with a higher chance at a turnover.

Which literally makes no sense.

So not one part of me believes Carroll made that call.

Anthony!

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2bqe2g7t said:
If Lynch scores there, he gets MVP.

Makes the whole offseason change as far as leverage - because everyone concedes Lynch has to be kept.

That is Bevell trying to keep the trophy from a guy we are trying to edge away from.

It was playcalling that brought us additional risk with actually less % at success vs the lower risk option. Even if they stop Lynch there, he gets forward yards and the clock keeps rolling. Giving Brady less time to come back, because you can be assured we could run 3 runs in 30 seconds and not be stuffed 3x in a row. That is a TD with 3 handoffs.

All that play did is give us a chance at a TD but with a higher chance at a turnover.

Which literally makes no sense.

So not one part of me believes Carroll made that call.

Sorry I do not agree if Lynch got the TD he would not have won MVP.

Lynch would have had 2 tds 103 yards 4 ypa, 31 yard receiving

Wilson would have had 247 yards passing 2 tds, 11,8 YPA, 120 QB rating and another 39 yards rushing.

Wilson would have won MVP, which is vote done by the writers and none of them would have wanted Lynch.