Not Upset or Angry

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Someone had to lose and yeah it sucked that we were one yard away from winning and losing like we did.

But to me it changes nothing... This team has done extraordinary things and has done so in the face of adversity.

This team is still badass and it will be in good position for years to come chase more Championships.

And while it sucks losing against the Patriots...Belicheck and Brady have 15 years together and were in 5 other Superbowls before then. Cheating or not that is legendary experience.

But still to me losing changes nothing... I dont care about the narratives because we were blessed to be watching our team in that game win or lose a year after winning it all.

I just dont want some to forget all the adversity our team fought through to give us fans a chance to watch our team be 1 yard away.

30 other teams and thier fans werent in that game.

Do what you will to cope with the loss... Just remember at some point to celebrate this season's successes instead of all the negatives. And all the joy and fervor theyve brought to the PNW and elsewhere.

These coaches and these players deserve as much... Especially the players putting thier bodies on the line. And they should all be celebrated as a team and for all the accomplishments.

And I write this to you after consoling my sick drunken crying wife for much of the night after watching her throw a half empty bottle of hard cider shattering it against the family piano after Wilsons interception.

It was a pretty symbolic moment as I expect her rage is what everyone felt in thier heart of hearts on that fateful play.

But as I was picking up the glass shards of the end of our season... It occurred to me and it is my belief that that no matter how broken this team is just getting started. That they can take shards and scraps and mold it into art and be competitive.

So while many of you are looking at the loss in a glass half empty minset... I know that the road ahead will still be exciting and its going to be an awesome journey watching how the team battles back and see who approaches the off-season with all they got because the window is still open and the bottle is still pretty damn full.

Go Seahawks...

And to you fans who need it I wish all of you a fast recovery from this heartache.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Once again I had to console my 6 year old after the game He was crying big time. I let him know much about what you said above. It keeps thing in perspective. I think in the end thats what many of us feel but it will take many of us some more time to get there. So close. Lets hope inspires our team to go out and leave no question next year.

Go hawks.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Reading that made me want to cry.

Great post.

And I'm trying my best to cope right now. And personally, I think the best way is to try to see Bevell's perspective, Obviously he didn't expect an INT and the scenario to throw did make sense. And can we also give credit to the safety Butler who made an amazing interception. The guy jumped a slant route and caught a bullet from Russell. Most great safeties, Earl included, don't make that play, and many don't make that catch.

Disappointing....yes. But there are a lot of great things to come. What the Pats have done the last 15 years in building a dynasty, I expect the Seahawks to do the next 10+ years as long as Russ and PC stay intact.

birdman5

Reaction score
Good post and, yes, for god sakes, we would never have been in this position had Pete not been brought here and with it the players he brought, but dang it... just dang it..I keep hearing Pete's mantra in my head... "it's about the ball"

Sparkchaser737

Reaction score
Great post.... This loss is going to sting for a while. I told my son, who was already on the brink of tears when the Patriots went up 28 to 24, we have plenty of time, and we have Russel Wilson. He almost made magic happen again. I am truly grateful to be a Hawks fan, with what we have in place for the future.

uncle fester

Reaction score
Agreed. Great post. Woke up this morning really hacked off, but not as bad as I felt last night. Now, with a bit of perspective, I can see this has been an amazing season. To get within a yard of a repeat, whilst a real sting, is still a hell of an achievement.

Also, I think this might take some/all of the pressure off the team that they were feeling as defending champs.

Latest posts