Neutralizing your best players

Status
Not open for further replies.

MVP53

Reaction score
Yes, this is another post about the final play call.

I get the decision to call a pass and I don't even think I have an issue with that. You want to get 3 downs there, so you're probably going to have to throw on one of them.

My issue with the particular play call is that it completely neutralized your best offensive weapons.

First, Lynch doesn't get the ball. Everyone has rehashed that a billion times. My main issue here is, they didn't even fake a handoff to him. They essentially rendered Lynch almost useless on the play. Not only do they not run him, they don't even pretend to run him.

My next issue, outside of Marshawn, the Seahawks best weapon on offense is Russell Wilson's decision making. They could have utilized that attribute of their offense by having him roll out and make a decision to hit a TE or WR, or perhaps to keep it himself, or run OOB, or throw it out the back of the endzone. Make the play if it's there, live to play another down if it's not. Let Russell make that call as that is what he does best.

Instead, they run a play where Wilson simply takes the snap and throws to a spot. Honestly, they might as well have had TJack in for this play as all the QB was doing was hitting a target 5 yards away. You weren't utilizing any of Wilson's skill on that play.

Finally, IF you're going to run that play, don't you want your best & most experienced WR on the route? Why isn't Baldwin the target there?

Just seems like Seattle did everything in their power to neutralize every single one of their best players and took the game out of their hands.

A

Anonymous

Seriously?

Some folks must have lost a lot of money on the game for all this stuff to continue pour out like this.

Let's get a grip, dust yourselves off, and look ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.